Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes. 55 60.44%
No. 36 39.56%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Captain Obvious
Physicist
Subtract from Captain Obvious's ReputationAdd to Captain Obvious's Reputation Captain Obvious is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Captain Obvious
12-14-2006

NthErik, I responded to your post up there by my first post.

"What I cannot create, I do not understand." - Richard Feynman
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by `NthErik. View Post
I don't understand why people on this forum don't understand that when anything such as that happens on Wikipedia, an admin almost immediately switches back to the older version, with none of the vandalism or incorrect facts.

Also, pretty much all information used for Wikipedia articles are cited, so you can look at the bibliography at the bottom of the page for the sources.
yeah wikipedia is the best thing since sliced bread
General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
yeah wikipedia is the best thing since sliced bread
What about TV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Alright, if there are no miracles and these things just happen then I'd assume we all have a fate.
Why the hell would you assume that? All of the things you are pointing out are easily attributed to coincidence, psychology, or a combination of the two.
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMs View Post
That's where wikipedia fails at. Some little 5 year old could get on there, or some idiot that doesn't know what they are talking about.
Then they don't edit. And if they do edit, the next person simply reverts it. Using Wikipedia as your only source is silly, of course. But it makes for a pretty good foundation. There are people monitoring it. One of my friends is on that team, so I know I've watched him give our school a temporary IP ban from editing and then revoke it to do something from school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by `NthErik. View Post
I don't understand why people on this forum don't understand that when anything such as that happens on Wikipedia, an admin almost immediately switches back to the older version, with none of the vandalism or incorrect facts.

Also, pretty much all information used for Wikipedia articles are cited, so you can look at the bibliography at the bottom of the page for the sources.
Indeed. I've seen it in action
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=mrbagrat=- View Post
Um...who said anything about a video?
I'm talking about the book (yes, something without a screen. Amazing aint it.) by Brian Greene. And if thats what you got from it (assuming you read the book) then you have problems. Only about a third or half is based on string theory.

And I have seen the video you are talking about. The PBS nova thing? Nothing to do with the book. Aside from the name. The video is dumbed down for the idiots of the nation who didn't graduate from college.
I thought that might be it. They never put the good parts on video... I may just have to find the book to see what I missed out on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Just to let every know god does not exist.
Well, He's sure had a hard time convincing me that.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
I Yahweh I
Level 21
Subtract from I Yahweh I's ReputationAdd to I Yahweh I's Reputation I Yahweh I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I Yahweh I Send a message via MSN to I Yahweh I
12-14-2006

its seams really hard to believe that we came out of nowhere. I mean seriousn't like how did we just show up out of nowhere I mean like look at the eye, it detect light rays, Then sends an image to the brain and an image shows up infront of us, And that just developed over time? of nerves you Feel stuff cause little cords just sends messages to our brain and that just came out of nowhere?? i seriously dont know ow that developed over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTopEmHat View Post
Monopoly is off the chain man, I'm surprised you were able to keep that sh*t under control.

I know when I get a little Club Soda in me there's no telling what can happen.
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Yahweh I View Post
its seams really hard to believe that we came out of nowhere. I mean seriousn't like how did we just show up out of nowhere I mean like look at the eye, it detect light rays, Then sends an image to the brain and an image shows up infront of us, And that just developed over time? of nerves you Feel stuff cause little cords just sends messages to our brain and that just came out of nowhere?? i seriously dont know ow that developed over time.
yes and i wonder how the magical being that made all of these wonders were made

Last edited by Prowl; 12-14-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Captain Obvious
Physicist
Subtract from Captain Obvious's ReputationAdd to Captain Obvious's Reputation Captain Obvious is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Captain Obvious
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer View Post
Why the hell would you assume that? All of the things you are pointing out are easily attributed to coincidence, psychology, or a combination of the two.
I don't believe in coincidences. Since there's dejavu. In my brain if I feel that I've been here/done that before, then it was meant to happen and simply not cognitive processes out of sync. What about a dream? Has anyone ever had a dream that you could remember and what was in your dream actually happended? That's fate to me.

"What I cannot create, I do not understand." - Richard Feynman

Last edited by Captain Obvious; 12-14-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Jake
Level 36
Subtract from Jake's ReputationAdd to Jake's Reputation Jake is a novice
12-14-2006

Quote:
If you ever read about them, they definitely are since the bible and the exorcism or emily rhodes are tied together, too. Pretty sure it wasn't a disease. I mean, she all of a sudden just goes insane after one night and sees demons and all that crap while being perfectly normal the day before? Not even one symptom showing anything that could've led up to that day?
Emily Rose had an un-fatal case of epilepsy in which she didn't take her medication, and some psychological disease(I can't remember the name) that instilled images in her brain. She was not 'controlled by demons'. The priest was even proven guilty, but he got off.
AKA
Activation

Last edited by Jake; 12-14-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Keaver
Level 50
Subtract from Keaver's ReputationAdd to Keaver's Reputation Keaver is on the rise to fame Keaver is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Keaver
12-14-2006

Quote:
Alright, if there are no miracles and these things just happen then I'd assume we all have a fate. This absolutely outrules luck since everything would fall into place at the exact time and place no matter what. So I guess, we don't all have control of our lives? Nothing can happen out of the ordinary because it was already meant to happen?

If you ever read about them, they definitely are since the bible and the exorcism or emily rhodes are tied together, too. Pretty sure it wasn't a disease. I mean, she all of a sudden just goes insane after one night and sees demons and all that crap while being perfectly normal the day before? Not even one symptom showing anything that could've led up to that day?

None of you touched the subject of Stigmata. There have been times people lied about them having it, but I knew someone who has it and it was horrifying. They even had some showings of it on the History Channel of some people who had it. So, let's see. One day, people just decide to stab themselves in all those places? Inflict damage on their own body for pure pleasure? Some could, but most of us, I don't think we would. My friend is just a normal person and he did nothing to himself.
Most Stigmata's are fakes there was a thing on the same history channel you mention about stigmata and they made a guy a saint and when the took the bandages off his hands after death there were no cuts so the fakes little followers tried to cover it up by saying the healed after death.