Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes. 55 60.44%
No. 36 39.56%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
People also tend to not take those concepts out to the proper layer of extraction before applying it to G_d. Possibly because the proper layer of extraction is somewhere near the bounds of our ability to picture it.
this is why i dont like the debate section all that much

...cuz about 2 people understand what that means on this forum
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
this is why i dont like the debate section all that much

...cuz about 2 people understand what that means on this forum
Google it?

This section is about debate. Learning is part of debate.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Google it?

This section is about debate. Learning is part of debate.
i didnt know you could google psychology
Tanker
Uh oh, it's coming...
Subtract from Tanker's ReputationAdd to Tanker's Reputation Tanker is legendary Tanker is legendary Tanker is legendary
12-14-2006

You forgot the option "I can not deny a higher power or say that there is one."
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angered View Post
So I guess you know the answer? No, you don't either.

If physics says something can't come from nothing then how do we exist?

It has to be the work of something bigger than all of us, or humans have it all wrong. If we have it all wrong, then what do we know about anything?
Yeah, my post went right over your head.

You're right, physics does say that something cannot come from nothing. So, why do you apply that to the universe and not to God? And physics does not say that something can't have simply always been around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Hayden69 II View Post
More than any thing god is truly my best friend he has always been there for me he is the best! my opinion respect that
I don't respect opinions unless they're respectable.
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
i didnt know you could google psychology
And that's where Wikipedia comes in
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
Keaver
Level 50
Subtract from Keaver's ReputationAdd to Keaver's Reputation Keaver is on the rise to fame Keaver is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Keaver
12-14-2006

There is no god, god is something that people made up because they did not know why people were hear. The only real reason religion was created was to instill fear into people and gain control, that unknown force was used to make people follow a leader.

Last edited by Keaver; 12-14-2006 at 04:45 PM.
JayMs
Level 30
Subtract from JayMs's ReputationAdd to JayMs's Reputation JayMs is a novice
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
i am undecided....shouldve been 3 choices
Isn't that Ironic? Pray for DayGamer! Pray 4 Day! It must have been the bandwagon. Everybody's doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff ghost View Post
If you had solid proof, you wouldn't need any faith

His existence would simply be a fact
O rly? It takes faith to get onto an airplane. It takes faith that the pilot is going to get you to your destination. It takes faith that the airplane wouldn't give out when your riding it. It takes faith that your computer won't blow up on you spilling shards of silcon, glass and metal into your body. It takes faith even to eat, faith in the food not being contaminated with some kind of disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
And that's where Wikipedia comes in
That's where wikipedia fails at. Some little 5 year old could get on there, or some idiot that doesn't know what they are talking about.
Good Morning USA, I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderful day.
The sun in the sky has a smile on his face, and it's shining a salute to the American race!
Oh boy it's swell to say: "Good Morning USA!"
"Good Morning USA!!!"
Keaver
Level 50
Subtract from Keaver's ReputationAdd to Keaver's Reputation Keaver is on the rise to fame Keaver is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Keaver
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angered View Post
So I guess you know the answer? No, you don't either.

If physics says something can't come from nothing then how do we exist?

It has to be the work of something bigger than all of us, or humans have it all wrong. If we have it all wrong, then what do we know about anything?
You missed the whole point of Colosts post, he's saying if those physics apply to us then why can't they apply to god?
D3ATH BY D3SIGN
Elevate Organically
Subtract from D3ATH BY D3SIGN's ReputationAdd to D3ATH BY D3SIGN's Reputation D3ATH BY D3SIGN is on the rise to fame D3ATH BY D3SIGN is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to D3ATH BY D3SIGN
12-14-2006

I would like to say this is the last time I support one of these threadsm but it wont bem because I want to spread the word as best I can.

I do beleive in god. Hate me, flame me, take me off your friends list, I care not. I am a christian and I beleive with all of my heart. I am not afraid to say it, and I will reply whenever I can with the same answer.