Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
DayDays Media
Level 11
Subtract from DayDays Media's ReputationAdd to DayDays Media's Reputation DayDays Media is a novice
05-03-2011
Default Five Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own Computer

Source http://daydaystech.com/news/reasons-build-computer/

• Save loads of money</li>
• Performance like never before</li>
• Complete customization of its appearance</li>
• Much longer life span</li>
• Top quality parts </li>

• Save loads of money- How much did you pay for your last computer? $800, $900, $1,000, and for what you felt like you were still not getting a good deal huh? Why spend all that money on a mass produced computer that isn’t worth half the price it’s being sold for. When you build your own computer you will be saving hundreds!

• Performance like never before- When you purchase a computer pre made you buy it working and running great. With that in mind answer this question dose it ever stay running that way? When you put your own parts you don’t get some empty performance guarantee because you are guaranteeing yourself top performance.

• Complete customization of its appearance- Build your computer to fit your personality. You can be as creative as you want. From the outer shell of the tower to the cooling system it is all there for you to have fun with.

• Much longer life span- When you put top quality parts into your car what happens you get 100,000 more miles out of it. Well the same thing applies for when you build your own computer.

• Top quality parts . Purchase even greater parts than the big wig companies use for a fraction of the price with much more reliability.
My Youtube

i7 870
8 Gigs ram
200gig + 500gig 7200rpm in raid 0
750gig files 7200Rpm
750 Watt PSu corsair
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
MSI GTX 465 twin

Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
05-03-2011

I could see the opposite arguments for each.

1) Implicit cost, you're putting it a lot more work, researching parts, reading reviews, ordering, waiting, building, tuning, updates, drivers, etc. You're paying with time and effort.

2) I'd say this is a lofty point. Maybe you save money so you put that money to better parts. Or because you spend time learning about parts you end up knowing how to keep your system in top shape. Either way I find it irrelevant since it's based on other factors.

3) You can do this with prebuilt systems usually too. Just do it afterwards. For custom builds, you either spend the time now custom making parts, or buy the part for a high price, or customize it later. Either way as far as complete customization it isn't exclusive to "custom" systems. If you mean you have the choice between the Xtreem Blu LED Hydro Fan with bullet stickers and the red one, then I'll agree.

4) Top quality parts means top quality parts, custom building doesn't mean top quality parts. Another point that doesn't completely relate to a custom build. People relate custom PC's to the sh.t PC's that their grand parents buy on an early monday morning while browsing the newspaper. A great prebuilt system is going to be a great system. Another moot point.

5) You're not forced to buy sh.t parts from prebuilt manufacturers. HP, Asus, Acer, Alienware, even Dell provide quality parts. Prices obviously vary, but the 6970 you buy from HP's voodoo department isn't made from excrement of a wild hog while the one you buy from newegg is put together by the virgin angels of the valley's of helms deep. Same part, but with a different warranty.

I simply don't like these kind of blanket statements. There are arguments for both. If you value money over time and effort, build your own, but building your own system is never 100% the answer.

Edit: Just realized that it's your own site. Fooled me, nice job on the design.

Last edited by Crest; 05-03-2011 at 02:32 PM.
DayDays Media
Level 11
Subtract from DayDays Media's ReputationAdd to DayDays Media's Reputation DayDays Media is a novice
05-03-2011

haha, thanks

but you do got a point.
My Youtube

i7 870
8 Gigs ram
750gig files 7200Rpm
750 Watt PSu corsair
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
MSI GTX 465 twin

RVideo
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from RVideo's ReputationAdd to RVideo's Reputation RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000
05-03-2011

Where did you get a nice template like this for your site? Just curious
DayDays Media
Level 11
05-03-2011

themeforest
My Youtube

i7 870
8 Gigs ram
750gig files 7200Rpm
750 Watt PSu corsair
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
MSI GTX 465 twin