Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
11-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3althy j3wbag View Post
..confusing..? naw not at all.

I just find that science is more reliable... science doesn't lie or manipuilate things.. it has straight answers. How can you be sure that the Bible is telling you the truth? It was written ... how many years ago by maybe someone that just wanted to bring order and a guid3 for those in need..

w/e... im just saying that to me.. science can be prooven and evolution has been prooven.. The bible has a lot of theories about what happened that some people choose to accept..I just find those theories a bit.. unbelievable..
-
I keepsaying this but its tru.. THE Bible is a guide to live a long healthy life and the principles of the stories that are told have great meaning although i dont consider the stories and the principles to be followed directly or believed as real events.....
Because science has never been wrong, right?
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
st3althy j3wbag
Level 22
Subtract from st3althy j3wbag's ReputationAdd to st3althy j3wbag's Reputation st3althy j3wbag is a novice
Send a message via MSN to st3althy j3wbag
11-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammie View Post
Because science has never been wrong, right?
haha..ok sorry their chief.. of course science has been wrong but atleast it tries to understand things and accept that they might be wrong sometimes.. NOthing is perfect !.. except for ur so called "God"... when has religion ever stepped down and said they were wrong..

science has flaws just like religion.. so dont start that crap..

atleast science tries to correct its mistakes by studyiing the world, universe, history etc. and make up for its mistakkes or problems by keeping an open mind about realistic possibilities or events...

dont even start by saying that religion hasn't made mistakes or caused trouble..

.. Ive got a question for you.. actually anyone that is religious.. ... DO U BELIVE EVERYTHING THAT UR HOLY BOOK.. whatever the religion says and tells you..? (all the stories etc.)??????

Also am i not right when i say... The Bible is a guide to live a long healthy life and the principles of the stories that are told have great meaning although i dont consider the stories and the principles to be followed directly or believed as real events..... yes or no.
- H A L O 2 -
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
11-06-2006

Science has NEVER been wrong!!!!!

. . . . .

tee hee

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
BXRawr
Level 11
Subtract from BXRawr's ReputationAdd to BXRawr's Reputation BXRawr is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BXRawr
11-06-2006

Whether or not science has been wrong is irrelevant. The scientific method is still valid, while faith is not.
Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
11-06-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXRawr View Post
Whether or not science has been wrong is irrelevant. The scientific method is still valid, while faith is not.
I don't think you can make that argument, compeletly...if it has been wrong.

The fact that it HAS been wrong MAKES the scientific method invalid in certain instances...those which it has been wrong.

They are not irrelevant.

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
11-06-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3althy j3wbag View Post
haha..ok sorry their chief.. of course science has been wrong but atleast it tries to understand things and accept that they might be wrong sometimes.. NOthing is perfect !.. except for ur so called "God"... when has religion ever stepped down and said they were wrong..

science has flaws just like religion.. so dont start that crap..

atleast science tries to correct its mistakes by studyiing the world, universe, history etc. and make up for its mistakkes or problems by keeping an open mind about realistic possibilities or events...

dont even start by saying that religion hasn't made mistakes or caused trouble..

.. Ive got a question for you.. actually anyone that is religious.. ... DO U BELIVE EVERYTHING THAT UR HOLY BOOK.. whatever the religion says and tells you..? (all the stories etc.)??????

Also am i not right when i say... The Bible is a guide to live a long healthy life and the principles of the stories that are told have great meaning although i dont consider the stories and the principles to be followed directly or believed as real events..... yes or no.
To be honest, I don't feel like replying to your post. I suppose I will anyway, but I'm pretty sick of being attacked by people following a trend. Just as you've made assumptions about me, I am assuming things about you. Based on your first post in this thread (or maybe 2nd), I've determined that you're an athiest for an unwholesome reason.

But here is my reply.

Yes, the Bible is a good guide for living.

I believe that the Bible is big on metaphor, considering it was written from a God perspective, if you believe what Christianity says.
Thank you.

Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
Solid
Level 48
Subtract from Solid's ReputationAdd to Solid's Reputation Solid is a novice
11-06-2006

I'm not atheist but I don't know if god is real. It seems like Santa Claus, just a little myth people made up. Cause god didn't create people did he? I thought people came by evolution. ehhh I don't know.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
11-06-2006

Science does not claim to be right or wrong. It only seeks to find the best explanation for the evidence/facts at that time in the best attempt at the truth. And has nothing to do with god, faith, or religious doctrine.

Science has no place in religion and religion has no place in science. It is apples and Iron. They just don't mix.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
11-06-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Science does not claim to be right or wrong. It only seeks to find the best explanation for the evidence/facts at that time in the best attempt at the truth. And has nothing to do with god, faith, or religious doctrine.

Science has no place in religion and religion has no place in science. It is apples and Iron. They just don't mix.
Which is why YOU have a decent reason to be an athiest.

"I have seen no evidence of God" makes sense.
Thank you.

Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
MarkedAchilles
11-06-2006

Yeah, just wait till he comes up and taps me on the shoulder in 10 years.

Damm will my face be red.