Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
11-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammie View Post
Actually to continue with the Christianity motif that appears in just about every kind of popular literature, it's inevitable that Harry will die to save humanity from Voldemort but then be resurected and live eternally, perhaps with the aide of Dumbledore's pheonix.

Just a hunch.

Then I would accept Harry.
Sounds good to me
st3althy j3wbag
Level 22
Subtract from st3althy j3wbag's ReputationAdd to st3althy j3wbag's Reputation st3althy j3wbag is a novice
Send a message via MSN to st3althy j3wbag
11-04-2006

it DOesnt Make sense.. people just make this.."God" character to believe things they dont understand and that if there is something they dont understand or can't comprehend then they turn to this imaginary person..

Don't get me wrong.. I dont really care if peopl follow the guide lines of the what is in the bible but to use it as if it were a RULE BOOk .. that is too much..

i dont believe because i am not afraid and i know that humans are insignificant.. we are not special.. "we are all the singin and dancing crap of the world".. LOl i got that line from Fight Club lol rap3 movie..

It doesnt make sense.. that's all im saying.. i choose to question what is around me not belive other noobs..lool
- H A L O 2 -
SPDRMaYnE !
Level 28
Subtract from SPDRMaYnE !'s ReputationAdd to SPDRMaYnE !'s Reputation SPDRMaYnE ! is a novice
11-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3althy j3wbag View Post
it DOesnt Make sense.. people just make this.."God" character to believe things they dont understand and that if there is something they dont understand or can't comprehend then they turn to this imaginary person..

Don't get me wrong.. I dont really care if peopl follow the guide lines of the what is in the bible but to use it as if it were a RULE BOOk .. that is too much..

i dont believe because i am not afraid and i know that humans are insignificant.. we are not special.. "we are all the singin and dancing crap of the world".. LOl i got that line from Fight Club lol rap3 movie..

It doesnt make sense.. that's all im saying.. i choose to question what is around me not belive other noobs..lool
So Christians don't choose to question what is around them? That's quite an assumption you're making.

The Space of Mine That I Own Personally
DIGIMON IS COOL

Somebody Set Us Up The Bomb
st3althy j3wbag
Level 22
Subtract from st3althy j3wbag's ReputationAdd to st3althy j3wbag's Reputation st3althy j3wbag is a novice
11-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPid3RMaYnE View Post
So Christians don't choose to question what is around them? That's quite an assumption you're making.
lol sorry..i never meant that.. but i just mean that i(we/athiests) question it more.. when ever someone tells me something i always question it..
i dont wanna go off topic but..
The moon landing .. i question it..
9/11.. i question it...
god.. which ive never seen but people tell me from thousands of years ago in books that have been rewriten thousands of times.. when they didnt know what space or stars or the sun were(exadurating..lol).. .. i deffinitely question..

i dont care if u believe in it or not.. thats ur choice.. im just saying ..the whole thing ..it doesnt make sense..
- H A L O 2 -
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
11-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
This thread if built for the atheist. I want strong prof disproving god. I don't believe in god for a couple of reasons

1. How did god get here? Who created him?
The first question is entirely irrelevant, sine "here" is a construxt of G_d's. Thus He got here whenever here happened to start existing. For the second one, no one. In a sense, G_d is the only thing there is. He is fully independant of time, since it would also be one of His creations.
Quote:
2.If God forgives every one then why is their a Hell?
According to Jewish beliefs, Hell, or atleast whatever Judaism's version of it is called (I forgot... It isn't emphasized at all) is temporary. I think it's something like a year max.
Quote:
3. If god is so power-full then why doesn't he kill the "devil"
Where's the fun in that?
Quote:
4.Why doesn't he give up strong prof of his existences.
See number 3. Figuring stuff out on your own is somuch more teh 1337
Quote:
5. If god is real why is he hiding from up, and just reveal him self.
This is the same as number 4. Apparently He must have his reasons. Personally, I think it makes a lot more sense than having it the other way around.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
KaLi
Level 14
Subtract from KaLi's ReputationAdd to KaLi's Reputation KaLi is a novice
11-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
The first question is entirely irrelevant, sine "here" is a construxt of G_d's. Thus He got here whenever here happened to start existing. For the second one, no one. In a sense, G_d is the only thing there is. He is fully independant of time, since it would also be one of His creations.
I would agree with this, since I believe the matter that makes up the universe was always here.
Quote:
According to Jewish beliefs, Hell, or atleast whatever Judaism's version of it is called (I forgot... It isn't emphasized at all) is temporary. I think it's something like a year max.
Temporary burning? Wow, I wish that was in the Christian Bible, then I would have been a bit less afraid of Him, and a better reason to believe.
Quote:
Where's the fun in that?
Where is the fun in burning in hell because of your disbelief in the invisible?
Quote:
See number 3. Figuring stuff out on your own is somuch more teh 1337
Coming to your own conclusions doesn't make it valid.
Quote:
This is the same as number 4. Apparently He must have his reasons. Personally, I think it makes a lot more sense than having it the other way around.
Why doesn't he give us His reasons? There is no reason to hide them, especially if your conclusions might be wrong.
Socom
Level 38
Subtract from Socom's ReputationAdd to Socom's Reputation Socom is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Socom
11-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG View Post
Socom... do you EVER read threads dude? You couldn't read one of the other 10 athiest/God threads? s**t man.
I'm sorry niceguy.
SPDRMaYnE !
Level 28
Subtract from SPDRMaYnE !'s ReputationAdd to SPDRMaYnE !'s Reputation SPDRMaYnE ! is a novice
11-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3althy j3wbag View Post
lol sorry..i never meant that.. but i just mean that i(we/athiests) question it more.. when ever someone tells me something i always question it..
i dont wanna go off topic but..
The moon landing .. i question it..
9/11.. i question it...
god.. which ive never seen but people tell me from thousands of years ago in books that have been rewriten thousands of times.. when they didnt know what space or stars or the sun were(exadurating..lol).. .. i deffinitely question..

i dont care if u believe in it or not.. thats ur choice.. im just saying ..the whole thing ..it doesnt make sense..
Maybe it's just confusing to you, therefore you don't feel you should associate with it.

The Space of Mine That I Own Personally
DIGIMON IS COOL

Somebody Set Us Up The Bomb
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
11-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLi View Post
Where is the fun in burning in hell because of your disbelief in the invisible?
I don't believe in te stereotypical hell. If it exists, it should be more personal. One of the Jewish beliefs on hell is realizing everything you've done wrong and all tat appened because of it, and what you may have been.
Quote:
Coming to your own conclusions doesn't make it valid.
Yes, but it desn't make it entirely invalid. Lookat science. We may not know the underlying principles, but we have some of general ideas down,and they seem to work fine.
Quote:
Why doesn't he give us His reasons? There is no reason to hide them, especially if your conclusions might be wrong.
Imagine what would happen if G_d announced his existance to all of mankind tommorow. Some may go into denial, eventually going crazy. Others might start constantly worshipping, ignoring their fellow men and maybe even themselves, that may need help (Food, disaster, etc...) Others would probably demand that G_d do everything for them. I don't think that would work out well.

ps I'm currently visiting MIT, so I'm not going to be on much till monday. I'm also not going out of my way to spellcheck.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
st3althy j3wbag
Level 22
11-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPid3RMaYnE View Post
Maybe it's just confusing to you, therefore you don't feel you should associate with it.

..confusing..? naw not at all.

I just find that science is more reliable... science doesn't lie or manipuilate things.. it has straight answers. How can you be sure that the Bible is telling you the truth? It was written ... how many years ago by maybe someone that just wanted to bring order and a guid3 for those in need..

w/e... im just saying that to me.. science can be prooven and evolution has been prooven.. The bible has a lot of theories about what happened that some people choose to accept..I just find those theories a bit.. unbelievable..
-
I keepsaying this but its tru.. THE Bible is a guide to live a long healthy life and the principles of the stories that are told have great meaning although i dont consider the stories and the principles to be followed directly or believed as real events.....
- H A L O 2 -