Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaggleS View Post
Like I said, the Tk thing MOST likely came from her and NG. But if she and NG hadn't been seeing each other, in all honesty, would she have been noticed? .

I thought that you would be one of the mods/Ex's who just sees me post and just says, "No, you are wrong." and that is it
No, you are wrong.
ThaggleS
The one and only!
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ThaggleS Send a message via Skype™ to ThaggleS
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
No one is stopping anyone from nominating people from saying who they think should be an Exclusive.

Allison would have been noticed, yes.

And who else better to notice people on the forum than its own moderators?

Listen to ske.
I know, and I am not disrespecting you guys nor am I trying to put you all down in any way. And, lol, who would notice posts better than their own moderators? Oh the threads I could link you all to right now showing the mods' ability to moderate a certain part of this forum. But, for the sake of staying on topic, I won't. Plus, it would take a while to gather ALL of the threads, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeRer View Post
ThaggleS: What you don't seem to understand is that us, EX and Mods, are extremely active on these boards and we spend a considerable amount of time browsing H2F (even though some of us don't post as much as Crest-robot does). Trust me, we notice way more stuff than you'd ever imagine. If someone really deserves to get in, then he'll get in at some point, it's just a matter of time.
I understand that people, such as Froggy and Josh, post in the debate section often, don't get me wrong, but that could be encouraging people to post in their and argue well just to get into the Ex :/
ThaggleS
The one and only!
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
No, you are wrong.
Ah jesus, read my post again.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
10-21-2008

Just because you post in the debate section doesn't mean you get into the Ex.

They are not related at all.

And I don't care if you think we could do better, my point was that we are active, and probably see more posts than anyone else on this forum.
ThaggleS
The one and only!
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
Just because you post in the debate section doesn't mean you get into the Ex.

They are not related at all.
Jesus fucking Christ, do you not read what I say?
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to FierceElite
10-21-2008

Quote:
Of course, but as stated, Mods and other Ex's are the ones that nominate them. But what if the mods or other Ex's don't quite notice their posts? Like I said, the Tk thing MOST likely came from her and NG. But if she and NG hadn't been seeing each other, in all honesty, would she have been noticed? The Ex section is very slim right now, and adding a few members that others, maybe not Ex's, see as possibly Ex-worthy may not be a bad idea. Let the Ex's and mods decide who gets in still, but help by letting other members (members who know other members, in the way that they see what they do) notify a mod/Ex. And if the mod/Ex approves, maybe it can help their chances of being let in. Now, I know Crest is basically omniscient on this forum, so he most likely does a decent job, but it couldn't hurt if others see that other members are doing a nice job and setting a good example for the rest of the members. Again, just an opinion and seeing as how I was never Ex I guess I don't know how it all works, specifically, but it is an idea nonetheless.

And thanks for seeing what I mean... no offense, but I thought that you would be one of the mods/Ex's who just sees me post and just says, "No, you are wrong." and that is it, lol. At least you took the time to read what I had to say, so, thank you.
Nope, a female poster with some odd thousand posts would not have been noticed.

Between the dozen or so mods and now that number being doubled by the Exclusives, members that deserve recognition will not be overlooked. There's still an infinite amount of time for people to come in down the road, it's not like those currently in are the final list. It's the beta list, if anything. Additionally, I think the mods and Exclusives value who each other think deserves to be in more than who you think should be in.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, "No, you're wrong."
"Adversity has a way of introducing a man to himself."
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
10-21-2008

Quote:
Ah jesus, read my post again.
no

Quote:
I understand that people, such as Froggy and Josh, post in the debate section often, don't get me wrong, but that could be encouraging people to post in their and argue well just to get into the Ex :/
Froggy and Josh (i don't think josh debates, I think he does halo 1 forum stuff) were added b/c they were smart and courteous. Just look up froggy's posts and you will see that he is/was one of the few religious people that actually followed the rules in the debate section (bringing up valid FACTS about topics). Just b/c he debated well wasn't the only reason he was added, it was also b/c he debated as a friend and not as a pissed off immature kid.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
10-21-2008

Yes I do, that's why I said what I said.
ThaggleS
The one and only!
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceElite View Post
Nope, a female poster with some odd thousand posts would not have been noticed.

Between the dozen or so mods and now that number being doubled by the Exclusives, members that deserve recognition will not be overlooked. There's still an infinite amount of time for people to come in down the road, it's not like those currently in are the final list. It's the beta list, if anything. Additionally, I think the mods and Exclusives value who each other think deserves to be in more than who you think should be in.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, "No, you're wrong."
Jesus, like I said, I said that I don't know the inner workings of the Ex, so that I could be wrong. Read my posts, people, lol. I know that I could and most likely could be wrong, but it is a suggestion. Well, since I am apparently wrong and just tried to help and am now being told the same thing from a few people, I am leaving this thread, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
Froggy and Josh (i don't think josh debates, I think he does halo 1 forum stuff) were added b/c they were smart and courteous. Just look up froggy's posts and you will see that he is/was one of the few religious people that actually followed the rules in the debate section (bringing up valid FACTS about topics). Just b/c he debated well wasn't the only reason he was added, it was also b/c he debated as a friend and not as a pissed off immature kid.
Ha! Even if some were very courteous and smart and respectful doesn't mean they would be added. Some people just have a bad past with the mods/Ex's and they would most likely never let that past experience(s) go. And that is so utterly right, because nobody ever changes, they stay a static character all their life, never changing any portion of their life.

Last edited by ThaggleS; 10-21-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Premium
I'm kind of a big deal
Subtract from Premium's ReputationAdd to Premium's Reputation Premium is legendary Premium is legendary Premium is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Premium
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBoNGx™ View Post
give it a few a days or weeks.
Oh so your predicating your argument on what MIGHT or MIGHT NOT happen?

Kinda ridiculous.