Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Premium
I'm kind of a big deal
Premium's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 使
Posts: 7,200
Subtract from Premium's ReputationAdd to Premium's Reputation Premium is legendary Premium is legendary Premium is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Premium
#161
10-21-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBoNGx™ View Post
is not like Im making this sh.t up.
Yes you are.

Davo isn't in, and he's one of NG's best friends in real life.

It's put to a vote. And it's almost NEVER unanimous.



ThaggleS
The one and only!
ThaggleS's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,136
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ThaggleS Send a message via Skype™ to ThaggleS
#162
10-21-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeRer View Post
I'm pretty sure I can answer to the last point (I could take care of my ass for the first point but I'll let Jim boost my e-ego ahah).

As for the third point, here's what I have to say about it: It may appear weird to you to see names you barely know and barely see posting on the forum, and I get that, but you gotta understand that if these people are in the EXs, it's because they've accomplished stuff in the past which gave them both respect and admiration from other members. They are role-models if I may say. Their help towards other members during the 3 years they've been hanging around on this website has.. paid off? These people have never been banned and always showed the example, which is why they're in as we speak.
Ok, I have held my tongue since the creation of this thread and I have to say something and know I will get flamed for it...

If they have helped in the past but do not help much now then how shall newer members learn of what they've done? They should continue to post and do such great things so that people can be reminded of what they do for the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
Except that you are.

No one is in the Ex due to anyone's favoritism.

It is a group vote from all the mods, and now it will be from the other EX members, too.
That seems kind of... oxymoronic to me.

This is just my 2 cents.

I must say that I was originally angered that TkEyes was in the Ex. Everybody just assumed it was because of the whole NG-Tk thing, which might have been the case. I think that NG-Tk may have opened people's eyes to what she does, and after rethinking it, yes, she does deserve to be in the Ex. But with this said, I believe others should be, too. But we all know what the mods and admin think of me, so I know I would have no chance, but I think others should be considered as well.

Now, please, don't flame me because I posted in here, but flame what I have said, not because I am Thaggles. If you disagree, then tell me and explain to me. I am not a close minded person and if you open my eyes to why my thinking is wrong, I will obviously change my opinion. But for now, it stands as is.
xBoNGx™
Level 47
xBoNGx™'s Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,656
Subtract from xBoNGx™'s ReputationAdd to xBoNGx™'s Reputation xBoNGx™ is a novice
#163
10-21-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium View Post
Yes you are.

Davo isn't in
give it a few a days or weeks.
IXI ALL DAY IXI
Level 24
IXI ALL DAY IXI's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 726
Subtract from IXI ALL DAY IXI's ReputationAdd to IXI ALL DAY IXI's Reputation IXI ALL DAY IXI is a novice
#164
10-21-2008
Default

Is there a >1PPD requirement for Ex? lololololololol. Congratulations (I guess you congratulate?) to everyone who got Ex.
...
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
CraftyVertan's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 28,443
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
#165
10-21-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaggleS View Post
If they have helped in the past but do not help much now then how shall newer members learn of what they've done? They should continue to post and do such great things so that people can be reminded of what they do for the community.
They don't need to be around that much, because most of the Ex's are around and are setting examples.

But I see where you're coming from.

And there will always be people that others think should be in.

Always.
ThaggleS
The one and only!
ThaggleS's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,136
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ThaggleS Send a message via Skype™ to ThaggleS
#166
10-21-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
They don't need to be around that much, because most of the Ex's are around and are setting examples.

But I see where you're coming from.

And there will always be people that others think should be in.

Always.
Of course, but as stated, Mods and other Ex's are the ones that nominate them. But what if the mods or other Ex's don't quite notice their posts? Like I said, the Tk thing MOST likely came from her and NG. But if she and NG hadn't been seeing each other, in all honesty, would she have been noticed? The Ex section is very slim right now, and adding a few members that others, maybe not Ex's, see as possibly Ex-worthy may not be a bad idea. Let the Ex's and mods decide who gets in still, but help by letting other members (members who know other members, in the way that they see what they do) notify a mod/Ex. And if the mod/Ex approves, maybe it can help their chances of being let in. Now, I know Crest is basically omniscient on this forum, so he most likely does a decent job, but it couldn't hurt if others see that other members are doing a nice job and setting a good example for the rest of the members. Again, just an opinion and seeing as how I was never Ex I guess I don't know how it all works, specifically, but it is an idea nonetheless.

And thanks for seeing what I mean... no offense, but I thought that you would be one of the mods/Ex's who just sees me post and just says, "No, you are wrong." and that is it, lol. At least you took the time to read what I had to say, so, thank you.
Knoxy
>
Knoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: dunno
Posts: 14,252
Subtract from Knoxy's ReputationAdd to Knoxy's Reputation Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000
#167
10-21-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaggleS View Post
That seems kind of... oxymoronic to me.

This is just my 2 cents.

I must say that I was originally angered that TkEyes was in the Ex. Everybody just assumed it was because of the whole NG-Tk thing, which might have been the case. I think that NG-Tk may have opened people's eyes to what she does, and after rethinking it, yes, she does deserve to be in the Ex. But with this said, I believe others should be, too. But we all know what the mods and admin think of me, so I know I would have no chance, but I think others should be considered as well.

Now, please, don't flame me because I posted in here, but flame what I have said, not because I am Thaggles. If you disagree, then tell me and explain to me. I am not a close minded person and if you open my eyes to why my thinking is wrong, I will obviously change my opinion. But for now, it stands as is.
MsTk was originally let into Ex before her and NG started dating.

Find a new argument.
Spoiler!
skeRer
ۼݨݭ۾۳ݘڱ ڣڛځٸ قۻﰜ ﯜ
skeRer's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montréal, Canada
Posts: 15,283
Subtract from skeRer's ReputationAdd to skeRer's Reputation skeRer finally popped his Bubble Shield skeRer finally popped his Bubble Shield skeRer finally popped his Bubble Shield skeRer finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to skeRer Send a message via MSN to skeRer
#168
10-21-2008
Default

ThaggleS: What you don't seem to understand is that us, EX and Mods, are extremely active on these boards and we spend a considerable amount of time browsing H2F (even though some of us don't post as much as Crest-robot does). Trust me, we notice way more stuff than you'd ever imagine. If someone really deserves to get in, then he'll get in at some point, it's just a matter of time.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
CraftyVertan's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 28,443
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
#169
10-21-2008
Default

No one is stopping anyone from nominating people from saying who they think should be an Exclusive.

Allison would have been noticed, yes.

And who else better to notice people on the forum than its own moderators?

Listen to ske.
ThaggleS
The one and only!
ThaggleS's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,136
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ThaggleS Send a message via Skype™ to ThaggleS
#170
10-21-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
MsTk was originally let into Ex before her and NG started dating.

Find a new argument.
Ok, again, I did not know that, lol. That is why I emphasized that I may have been incorrect. Also, I do not have an 'argument' based on that. I was just responding to what Crafty said.

Find a new argument.

 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On