Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Kamui™
Random Regular Access
Subtract from Kamui™'s ReputationAdd to Kamui™'s Reputation Kamui™ is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via AIM to Kamui™ Send a message via MSN to Kamui™
10-21-2008

Chris' posts will probably make me giggle spontaneously all day.

BuK
Jaded
Subtract from BuK's ReputationAdd to BuK's Reputation BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to BuK
10-21-2008

Yeah, I think their should be different colors... if you're an ex, you deserve some sort of recognition for your contribution to the forum. Exes are usually people you can talk to for anything, OR for a certain something. It would help people out, AND it would recognize them for what they've done.

Bring the colors back.

(I haven't read the last ten pages, so I have no idea what has been said)

mattiz28
Boomer is a BK
Subtract from mattiz28's ReputationAdd to mattiz28's Reputation mattiz28 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to mattiz28
10-21-2008

have never been an exclusive but i def agree that colors should be brought back for them...shows the community who they can actually turn to for help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerMcnasty View Post
mattiz youre a babe
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris is Twisted View Post
NG what about the times I invited you over to play pictionary and every time I let you win then we had sex and I'd always talk dirty to you and call you Z like you wanted, thats not good enough anymore?
I feel like this should be quoted again

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
Kamui™
Random Regular Access
Subtract from Kamui™'s ReputationAdd to Kamui™'s Reputation Kamui™ is stuck in campaign mode
10-21-2008

Bringing the colors back would just bring segregation. People will realize that there is a defined line of member, and that yes, the exclusive members are better members than he/she is; but if you bring back the colors, it will just turn into giant battle of who can gain this power to tell people off because of their color. Once again, I state that this would border on being racially unequal.

I'm perfectly fine with the exclusive members having something that signifies their prowess, but bringing in more colors would just make this forum a lot more confusing and jumbled, especially to new members.

I know that using vBulletin the admin can make usergroups that can access certain parts of the forum, I also know that the admin can make other things in the name to signify: such as underlining.

I say that instead of having the exclusive members given a color to signify their rank in this internet society, they are given an underlined name.

Of course, as aforementioned this is an internet society completely and totally governed by the admins when it comes down to the final decision, so what I think doesn't really matter.

BuK
Jaded
Subtract from BuK's ReputationAdd to BuK's Reputation BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to BuK
10-21-2008

Colors would work fine, Kamui... it worked fine when we did have it, and it would work fine now. All new users would have to do is ask what the colors mean if they were confused. The only problem we had with colors (actually, it wasn't even really with the colors, but the exclusives themselves), was that they pretty much only read/sided with what another ex said.

I remember some exclusives saying that they scroll down a page and look for blue before they read a post... if exclusives can stay out of that elitist bullshit, the exes will be great, and colors will be fine.

Kamui™
Random Regular Access
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuK is SiK View Post
Colors would work fine, Kamui... it worked fine when we did have it, and it would work fine now. All new users would have to do is ask what the colors mean if they were confused. The only problem we had with colors (actually, it wasn't even really with the colors, but the exclusives themselves), was that they pretty much only read/sided with what another ex said.

I remember some exclusives saying that they scroll down a page and look for blue before they read a post... if exclusives can stay out of that elitist bullsh.t, the exes will be great, and colors will be fine.

That makes sense.

As long as the exclusives didn't constantly bring it up, or flaunt it over everyone else, then I'm sure that having colorful names would be okay.

Thanks for the shove onto the right direction Buk.

Brightened
Level 33
Subtract from Brightened's ReputationAdd to Brightened's Reputation Brightened is a n00b
10-21-2008

I thought the exclusives weren't coming back?
Premium
I'm kind of a big deal
Subtract from Premium's ReputationAdd to Premium's Reputation Premium is legendary Premium is legendary Premium is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Premium
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui™ View Post
As long as the exclusives didn't constantly bring it up, or flaunt it over everyone else, then I'm sure that having colorful names would be okay.
I'm EX and you're NOOOOT! Neener neener neener!

NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
10-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼┼iwicK View Post
I thought the exclusives weren't coming back?
SERVES YA RIGHT FOR THINKIN'

Nah, jk.

About the colors: giving Exclusives a different color was one of the things that led to its demise in the first place, people didn't like having such obvious segregation and sense of an inferior status. Exclusive members are members first, and as members you stay the color of a member, which is a stale, nightmare of Pink Floyd shade of white or grey.
Busy, busy, busy