Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
10-20-2008
Default H3F Exclusives

The Exclusives section has officially been reopened. This thread is to explain and clear up any misconceptions about the section.

Will there be colors like before?

NO.

It's been decided by the mods and I that making members in the Exclusives a different color is not in our (the mods and community's) best interest. We feel that by color coding members we create a clear status segregation, where there is high chance of people forgetting that they are members first and equal as such. We don't want "people of color" (lol) feeling empowered or better than any other member and expressing such an attitude can be grounds for removal.

How can I become an Exclusive?

Contrary to popular belief, admission into Exclusives is NOT based on popularity. Access to the Exclusives is based on merit; this is not to say that someone who contributes materially to the forum, such as making a bunch of sigs or whatever for people, is the kind of contribution deem necessary for qualification. A member of the Exclusives is, generally, someone who has invested their time into the forum and "to members who both encourage good discussion (i.e. has kept things around here "fun" and "interesting" without crossing the line frequently), and also who would actually take ADVANTAGE of having a private section and using it properly - i.e. not as a Livejournal to gossip like old women about other members" as a certain moderator so elegantly put it. In other words, an Exclusive member ought to be one of social significance, while maintaining respectable conduct.

I used to be an Exclusive, why aren't I now?

The majority of members who were in Exclusives are not any longer based on one or more of the following reasons:
  • Poor/awful conduct - people who, once the section was removed, began acting up and receiving frequent bans. If this was done in retaliation to the removal of the Ex. section, then that's all the more reason not to have you re-admitted if it means you were good for the sake of maintaining status, rather than good for the sake of being good.
  • Inactivity after, during, or prior to the removal of the Exclusives section
  • Being unengaged or otherwise uninvolved in the forum community
  • etc, etc

The members who were added back as of now are the candidates that received the majority of votes from the moderators and I as members who we have no reserves about readmitting. This is not a complete list of members who will be admitted into the Exclusives, but a list of those who we think is a good start - from here more nominations and voting can begin as necessary. So if you didn't get back in, or weren't in to begin with, don't throw a pissy fit.

The remainder of this thread will be for comments and questions but is subject to closure if it gets out of hand.

edit: For the record, just so everyone can complain about it, here's a list of the people who are back as of now.

cleetus
Crest
Froggy618157725
Josh1337
Knox
Kool Aid
MarkedAchilles
MsTkEyes
Premium
Rebal771
RVideo
SkRer
the midas touch
Zion
The iMolater
Busy, busy, busy

Last edited by NG; 10-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
10-20-2008

Let the rants begin.
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
10-20-2008

Glad to see the Exclusives section back YaY!
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
10-20-2008

Interesting that I've already deleted the first two non-mod posts. -_-
Busy, busy, busy
Trav
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Subtract from Trav's ReputationAdd to Trav's Reputation Trav IS OVER 9000 Trav IS OVER 9000 Trav IS OVER 9000 Trav IS OVER 9000 Trav IS OVER 9000 Trav IS OVER 9000 Trav IS OVER 9000
10-20-2008

Your a hero my friend.
I always thought there'd be time; turns out there's just roads.
Xoneout
Unknown
Subtract from Xoneout's ReputationAdd to Xoneout's Reputation Xoneout is a novice
10-20-2008

I thought the colors were cool lol. But at least those that deserve the title receive it.
BeeArePro Is GOD
Subtract from BeeArePro Is GOD's ReputationAdd to BeeArePro Is GOD's Reputation BeeArePro Is GOD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BeeArePro Is GOD
10-20-2008

There seems to be a typo in your first post, I don't see my name.

Edit: I don't know if this will sway your decision, but I heard you have a giant penis.

Ben Cohen
iTz A LegAcY
Level 28
Subtract from iTz A LegAcY's ReputationAdd to iTz A LegAcY's Reputation iTz A LegAcY is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via AIM to iTz A LegAcY
10-20-2008

I dont understand why i am not on this list.

AIM - iTz A LegAcY
XBL- Im Legacyy

NG
poo-tee-weet?
10-20-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz A LegAcY View Post
I dont understand why i am not on this list.
Even though you're probably being sarcastic, only former Exclusive members were added back; new admissions will begin probably immediately.
Busy, busy, busy
iTz A LegAcY
Level 28
Subtract from iTz A LegAcY's ReputationAdd to iTz A LegAcY's Reputation iTz A LegAcY is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via AIM to iTz A LegAcY
10-20-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
Even though you're probably being sarcastic, only former Exclusive members were added back; new admissions will begin probably immediately.
Good assumption i obv was being sarcastic, but ok thanks anyway. =]

AIM - iTz A LegAcY
XBL- Im Legacyy