Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
12-16-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Only is firefox 2 had a grammar check. You put down "cuz". But back on topic.
pshhhh.... Note the apostrophe. It's standard notation for missing letters, and I like to right as I speak. Ya' know what I'm talkin' 'bout?

And it's "if", not "is". And it would probably go before the "only".

Why does something in the back of my mind tell me I'll never survive my next grammatical mistake?
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
st3althy j3wbag
Level 22
Subtract from st3althy j3wbag's ReputationAdd to st3althy j3wbag's Reputation st3althy j3wbag is a novice
Send a message via MSN to st3althy j3wbag
12-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLi View Post
God forgives sinners, and burns the non-believers.
so if Christians do believe this..
then your telling me that god is like HITLER or any dictator... saying BELIEVE ME OR ELSE !!

haha

lol wow very christian that's for sure
- H A L O 2 -
KaLi
Level 14
Subtract from KaLi's ReputationAdd to KaLi's Reputation KaLi is a novice
12-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3althy j3wbag View Post
so if Christians do believe this..
then your telling me that god is like HITLER or any dictator... saying BELIEVE ME OR ELSE !!

haha

lol wow very christian that's for sure
That's basically it. There is no twist to it. God sent them to Hell, not the Devil.
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
12-20-2006

Comparing God to Hitler is a tad extreme, no?
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
NorCalRox
Level 12
Subtract from NorCalRox's ReputationAdd to NorCalRox's Reputation NorCalRox is a novice
12-26-2006

I went the other day to Ebaumsworld and saw the link to "how many people did God kill", and I thought it was complete BS. Yes, god is omnibenevolent, but he is just. If someone commits a crime, there is a punishment. But His characteristics are getting taken out of context (omnibenevolent - he has unconditional love, therefore he shouldn't send someone to Hell; omniscient - he knows everything, therefore there is no free will; omnipotent - can God lift a rock so big he can't lift it?).

As for all those "Why does God send people to Hell?" questions, let me leave you with this:

The atheist asked the Christian, "How does a God a love send a person to Hell?"
The Christian asked the athiest, "How does a God of righteousness take a sinner to Heaven?"

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
12-28-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalRox View Post
The atheist asked the Christian, "How does a God a love send a person to Hell?"
The Christian asked the athiest, "How does a God of righteousness take a sinner to Heaven?"
That's a pretty fuckin easy question to answer, considering god is all powerful and can do whatever he wants. Even us mere mortals have higher morality than god - we are largely anti-torture, even if it's just for a few moments, let alone an eternity.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
12-28-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalRox View Post
omniscient - he knows everything, therefore there is no free will
There is no free will. I'd like to see you defend it.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
TriaD III
Level 14
Subtract from TriaD III's ReputationAdd to TriaD III's Reputation TriaD III is a novice
01-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyQuick View Post
I don't get number 2, If there is a god and he sends everyone too hell that doesn't believe in him. Why doesn't he show himself so everyone would believe. In my opinon I won't believe it until i see it.
Number 2 is true in the Bible. God burns the non-believers forever.
I don't agree with it at all, but that's what it says.
"...atheism is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a 'non-astrologer' or a 'non-alchemist.' We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle."
-Sam Harris
Superjonboy
Level 17
Subtract from Superjonboy's ReputationAdd to Superjonboy's Reputation Superjonboy is a novice
02-19-2007

1: As someone else stated already before, God is timeless. It is also in the Bible.
No one Created him, and he will live forever. Since he had the power to create the Universe, as well as the power over Life and Death, it seems fairly believeable to me, since no one else can do that.

2: God Forgives everyone if they are willing to let Him come into their life. But, Hell was created for those who are unwilling to believe in him. As is Stated 2 other times in my post, God gives us the Free will to believe in him, or to not believe in Him. God can only forgive you if you let him forgive you by accepting the fact that you are a sinner and that he is who and what he says he is.

3: God doesnt kill the devil because if he gave us no choice but to follow him, we would Kind of be like robots wouldnt we? Instead, God gives us Free will to choose to follow him or choose to do anything else, which in the End leads to Rejection of God. (yes, which leads to Hell)There is your answer. God will deal with the Devil in the future, as stated in the bible.

4: The Bible Says God Created the Life, Earth, and the entire solar system for that matter.
If Thats not proof enough for you, nothing will be good enough. Nobody else, not even Chuck Norris, could create all that.

5: If someone Came up to you and said, "I am God, believe in me", Would you? No of course not. I know for sure I would not. The Bible Says he already came to earth once before for about 33 years. He then Died on the Cross, was Buried, and Rose again 3 days Later. (Its in the Bible, google it if you dont believe me) By proving he had Power over Life and Death, He established himslef as who he said he was. Then he went back to Heaven. If he Stayed here on Earth, there really wouldnt be much Choice whether or not to Believe in Him would there be?, Now refer to
point number 3. because again, our existence would be pointless if we were all automatons who believed in God because he gave us no choice.

GOP= Gods Own Party

Towards a more Savage Nation

Last edited by Superjonboy; 02-19-2007 at 09:29 PM.