Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
Subtract from ExuS's ReputationAdd to ExuS's Reputation ExuS is on the rise to fame ExuS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ExuS
05-24-2010
Default Could the Cold War have been avoided?

Nagasaki n Hiroshima?
Roosevelts death/Trumans actions?

I think that it couldn't have been avoided because of the huge difference in ideologies between Russia and USA and neither of the two didn't consider loosing ground

and no, this is not for school, just wondering out of pure curiousity

*awaits a youreaswedewhydoyouevengiveashit-reply*

Garen
Dunkmaster
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
05-24-2010

Hmmmm, that's an interesting question. Personally I think everyone should be thankful that the Cold War was essentially avoided, i.e. neither the USSR or US got blown to shit. However I'm going to agree with you Exus that no it could not have been avoided. The post WWII policies of both nations made it impossible for a conflict not to happen. Each nation took an interest in rebuilding Europe in different ways. Had the US backed out and returned to a state of isolationism, then the USSR would probably still exist today, only much much larger. I presume they would have essentially taken over all of the western world besides the US, and a major war could have taken place.

That one quote, I first saw it in MW2, how history is written by the victors, is so so so true.
ThanatoZ
Level 33
Subtract from ThanatoZ's ReputationAdd to ThanatoZ's Reputation ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000 ThanatoZ IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to ThanatoZ
05-24-2010

I wouldn't care. It happened, people died, Russian people like vodka, end of story.
Kottiz
Level 33
Subtract from Kottiz's ReputationAdd to Kottiz's Reputation Kottiz is a novice
05-25-2010

youreaswedewhydoyouevengiveash.t...

oh, wait a secoond!

Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStanley360 View Post
Easily been avoided, but we had a democrat in office and we all know what happens when we have a dumbass president. :/ Thank God he got assassinated.
Facepalm.jpg
Al's sweet ass

Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
05-26-2010

Quote:
Republicans > Democrats.

Easily.
It's not a football game, mayne.
Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
05-28-2010

Quote:
Republicans > Democrats.

Easily.
Yeah man, let's get us another George dubya!
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
05-28-2010

Quote:
Lol. I know, I was just sayin
...that it is a football game.

NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
05-29-2010

Quote:
Easily been avoided, but we had a democrat in office and we all know what happens when we have a dumbass president. :/ Thank God he got assassinated.
What happens when we have a dumbass president?

Shall we list the unnecessary wars during which Republicans held office?

edit: cold war wasn't even a war.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
05-29-2010

Gee, I thought the color code was the other way around.

Quote:
Maybe you should not appeal to [false] authority and generate your own argument instead of pasta-parroting one.

edit: I loved the epic music when WWI and WWII began. But those wars had stronger justification than, say, our bullying of anyone that's brown and sits on large stocks of oil.

edit: LOOKWHATICANDO blueworksbetter.com

editagain: I also love how the stats show how we had a Dem president during the beginning of the Vietnam War, but it's perpetuation when it was clear Vietnam was wasting lives, and the height of the Vietnam war protests, happened during Nixon's administration.

Last edited by NG; 05-29-2010 at 10:21 AM.