Display Modes Thread Tools
Deuces
Level 18
Subtract from Deuces's ReputationAdd to Deuces's Reputation Deuces is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Deuces
04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Just like there's no such thing as "white," there's no such thing as "black culture." Both are copouts to mask your racism.
Your ignorant, so I will forgive you. Black culture does exist, whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. Go watch Bill Cosby speak on the subject, but again I first wish to know what race you are? My guess is white, and if I am wrong. I shall be shocked.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuces View Post
Your ignorant, so I will forgive you.
What about my ignorant? Oh, I had assumed you were literate. My mistake. If you meant "you're ignorant," my studies in culture theory say otherwise.
Quote:
Black culture does exist, whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.
No it doesn't.
Quote:
Go watch Bill Cosby speak on the subject
How about you go ahead and stop deferring your argument to absent parties that would just as soon point out how stupid you are for your implicit denial of white privilege.
Quote:
but again I first wish to know what race you are? My guess is white, and if I am wrong. I shall be shocked.
Nice grammar. My race is irrelevant to this debate, but I'd like to know why you think I'm "white."
Spoiler!
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuces View Post
Your ignorant, so I will forgive you. Black culture does exist, whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. Go watch Bill Cosby speak on the subject, but again I first wish to know what race you are? My guess is white, and if I am wrong. I shall be shocked.
The nature of the word racism is the same as any word relating to pride in something of no intrinsic value. You don't choose to be born, you don't choose your birth place, you don't choose the color of your skin, or the country you live in, and so on.

Nationalism is a basic example of this. Having pride in your country is medieval "my caste is better than yours!"- mentality. It's absolutely without meaning or relevance/utility to society. It actually undermines it.

You don't pride your race. It's just naive and foolish. Everything is equally different and cultural. It's futile to care about those sort of things.

...But you're too busy playing the guess your race game in an effort to stereotype his opinions because you don't have a substantial one yourself. Going into a debate section with the mentality that nothing is going to change your mind sets the stage for a pretty un-level playing field wouldn't you agree?
Deuces
Level 18
04-27-2010

Quote:
Tell that to my extensive education in cultural studies.

No it doesn't.

How about you go ahead and stop deferring your argument to absent parties that would just as soon point out how stupid you are for your implicit denial of white privilege.

Nice grammar. My race is irrelevant to this debate, but I'd like to know why you think I'm "white."
1. Can't be bothered to proof-read internet arguments
2. How about you just keep an open mind
3. Correct me if I am wrong, but my guess is you were a privileged child, who grew up in a predominantly white surrounding, and raised by liberal parents. As such, I would understand your closed-mindedness towards arguments because it's in your nature to put your book-founded knowledge over real-world experience. I understand your argument and I have heard it many a times. I've even taken a couple of classes myself on race, however I will always rely on personal experience in life over what some guy, some where wrote in a book without any experience in the topic, theorized is correct.

Last edited by Deuces; 04-27-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Deuces
Level 18
04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT IS FOLLY View Post
The nature of the word racism is the same as any word relating to pride in something of no intrinsic value. You don't choose to be born, you don't choose your birth place, you don't choose the color of your skin, or the country you live in, and so on.

Nationalism is a basic example of this. Having pride in your country is medieval "my caste is better than yours!"- mentality. It's absolutely without meaning or relevance/utility to society. It actually undermines it.

You don't pride your race. It's just naive and foolish. Everything is equally different and cultural. It's futile to care about those sort of things.

...But you're too busy playing the guess your race game in an effort to stereotype his opinions because you don't have a substantial one yourself. Going into a debate section with the mentality that nothing is going to change your mind sets the stage for a pretty un-level playing field wouldn't you agree?
I fail to comprehend how you explaining the worthlessness of pride and nationalism is even close to relevant to what you quoted. I am proud of the culture that I come from. Just as I am proud to be of Irish and English descent. Pride is not a matter of expressing it to others, it's a manner of self-confidence. If that exudes at times, and is seen as "offensive"; oh f..king well. I'm not trying to cover anything up by asking what race he is from. I am trying to understand him as an individual and where he comes from, so I may better understand his opinion.

Last edited by Deuces; 04-27-2010 at 04:13 PM.
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
04-27-2010

WHOOSH

Can't be saved.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
04-27-2010

Oh, you're one of those anti-intellectual, anti-"elitist" types. I wouldn't have bothered engaging you if I'd known that. Enjoy your denial of white privilege.
Spoiler!

Last edited by davobrosia; 04-27-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Deuces
Level 18
04-27-2010

Quote:
Oh, you're one of those anti-intellectual, anti-"elitist" types. I wouldn't have bothered engaging you if I'd known that. Enjoy your denial of white privilege.<br>
So I hit the nail on the head...
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
04-27-2010

black culture

right?
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
04-27-2010

I agree with Deuces!