Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
nick2060
Level 11
Subtract from nick2060's ReputationAdd to nick2060's Reputation nick2060 is a novice
01-16-2010

LOL i can tell by your post that you have a double digit iq....berating people over the internet isn't hard and you apparently suck at making assumptions. Listen its cool if we have different opinions but it was never a debate since every post takes a personal shot. It's cool to disagree though, doesn't mean anybodies wrong, just difference of opinions, you should stick to the point at hand and stop talkin about me.
Favourite things:
LOST
Legit Cash tourneys at Worldgaming.com
Texas Longhorns
General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
I understand your point, and it is weak as hell. So just because something is the way it is because of chance, you can't be proud of it?
Yes, actually. I suppose how you look at it would differ depending on any religious views you have (maybe you believe you were "destined" to be white), but being proud of something (especially something as vague as being white), is silly.

Now, if you were more specific (like say, German Pride or American pride), then that makes more sense because it's not pride aimed at a general skin color, but rather at specific people (whom, as a countrymen, you're kinda "related" to). Now this is purely coincidental too, but the increased relation with country men versus just "white people" makes it more justified than white pride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
SalvationXXIII
Level 10
Subtract from SalvationXXIII's ReputationAdd to SalvationXXIII's Reputation SalvationXXIII is a novice
01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2060 View Post
New way of looking at it since my last post, but why would you be proud to be white anyways? You were born white, it's not like you accomplished it and should be proud. Not saying you should be ashamed of your colour by any means, but being proud because of it might be overboard
I think that's a good way to put it. Basically, I don't see the point in taking pride in something that you didn't actually achieve or earn. You just happened to have it/be born with it; complete coincidence. Nothing wrong with liking a characteristic I guess, but what's the point in taking pride in it?

EDIT: And like others have said, taking pride in a skin color (white, black, yellow, whatever) just seems silly. I don't consider this the same as having pride in being American or Asian, because you could argue that each of those groups actually have certain general ideals (similar to a certain religion.)

Last edited by SalvationXXIII; 01-16-2010 at 11:05 PM.
P.k
Level 28
Subtract from P.k's ReputationAdd to P.k's Reputation P.k is a novice
01-17-2010

not much to take pride in

Red Sox Suck

Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2060 View Post
LOL i can tell by your post that you have a double digit iq....berating people over the internet isn't hard and you apparently suck at making assumptions. Listen its cool if we have different opinions but it was never a debate since every post takes a personal shot. It's cool to disagree though, doesn't mean anybodies wrong, just difference of opinions, you should stick to the point at hand and stop talkin about me.
You have failed to answer any of my questions, and you honestly seem extremely young/naive on the subject, so I am doing the mature thing and stopping the debate here, rather than waste my time. If that offends you, that is your problem. Did I really berate you? I honestly don't remember. If I did, that is my personality, don't take it personal, I'm strongly against sugar coating, I'm blunt and honest, I don't care if it hurts your feelings, if it does, maybe that is saying something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI View Post
Yes, actually.
Wrong, few examples: Life or death situation, snip the red or green, I snip the red save everyone's life, I can't be proud of that? Be born a Mexican American, parents raise me to speak three languages, can't be proud of that? Be born Swedish, root for my fellow Swedes in the Olympics because I'm proud of my white European heritage, can't be proud of that?

Quote:
I suppose how you look at it would differ depending on any religious views you have (maybe you believe you were "destined" to be white),
I don't believe that, at all. I would have pride for my heritage no matter what ethnicity I am.

Quote:
but being proud of something (especially something as vague as being white), is silly.
Why? I think everyone on this earth should be proud of their heritage.

Quote:
Now, if you were more specific (like say, German Pride or American pride), then that makes more sense because it's not pride aimed at a general skin color, but rather at specific people (whom, as a countrymen, you're kinda "related" to). Now this is purely coincidental too, but the increased relation with country men versus just "white people" makes it more justified than white pride.
I'd agree.

Last edited by Delay; 01-18-2010 at 02:06 AM.
TuRampant
Level 19
Subtract from TuRampant's ReputationAdd to TuRampant's Reputation TuRampant is legendary TuRampant is legendary TuRampant is legendary
Send a message via AIM to TuRampant
02-16-2010

We live in such a messed up society that if you talk about how you are proud of your race people automatically think that you think your race is superior and thus you are called racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x rhis x View Post
I see your name a lot with top players, ur famus mayne.
5hausty
Level 13
Subtract from 5hausty's ReputationAdd to 5hausty's Reputation 5hausty is a novice
Send a message via AIM to 5hausty
04-10-2010
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mando3x View Post
I think its fine to be proud of your heritage, white, black, hispanic, asian, whatever.

It comes of as racist if you disrespect other cultures and ethnicities though.
WOW. I couldn't have said better myself.
Truth be told...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewtage View Post
Yeah shausty ur finals gonna suck
Final Montage V.1 Edited by Player 2 Productions/ Headache

Final Montage V.2 Edited by Astiun Media/ ViDoL

AntsOfDglgmut
Level 10
Subtract from AntsOfDglgmut's ReputationAdd to AntsOfDglgmut's Reputation AntsOfDglgmut is a novice
04-25-2010

I don't think there is anything wrong with being proud of your heritage, as long as you aren't disrespecting others' heritage. It would become a problem if you started marching through a primarily black neighborhood screaming, "White pride!"
wingless
delirious
Subtract from wingless's ReputationAdd to wingless's Reputation wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to wingless
04-25-2010

The foundations of whiteness are false in the first place. It doesn't help to have any racial pride, it's just melanin. I think it just creates more of a divide.

Also, bump.
The Pistol
Wannabe baller
Subtract from The Pistol's ReputationAdd to The Pistol's Reputation The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to The Pistol
04-26-2010

Keeping my opinion away....