Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 81 37.33%
".exe" - Edited by pTw 75 34.56%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 76 35.02%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 55 25.35%
"Phurion & Fluxy 2" - Edited by Phurion 56 25.81%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 127 58.53%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 89 41.01%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 78 35.94%
"3" - Chig, Ace & Ghoster 60 27.65%
"Rewind 3" - Directed by Void 61 28.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
08-25-2010

Well, Clouds clips did show a lot of skill, but I don't think it did it as much as some other stuff
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutModem View Post
best player =/= best clips
I was talking solely in terms of skill. As I mentioned earlier, you need flash, and you need skill. And yes, there isn't any objective correlation between "best" clips, and most skillful clips. It comes down to personal preference for what blend of flash and skill "wows" you the most.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 08-25-2010 at 07:26 PM.
briansoupy
Level 31
Subtract from briansoupy's ReputationAdd to briansoupy's Reputation briansoupy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to briansoupy Send a message via Skype™ to briansoupy
08-25-2010

^Didn't think I'd ever say this but...
I agree with Hans.
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
Quote:
to say god, is to sing god
to sing to god, is to draw near to god
to the nearness that is god
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Yes, but to be honest, Roadblock's gameplay was more impressive IMO. And that's coming from a guy who, as you know, completely takes the opponents into consideration for how impressive the footage is. I think many others share that opinion.

I liked Apex, but it's not my cup of tea. However, I do recognize how popular the social video genre is, and Apex was the best damn social video to ever come out. I don't think it being Kampy's last video has much to do with how successful it was. If you watch social montages, regardless if you love em or hate em, after watching Apex you know it was a mile stone video within that very popular genre.
I'm not going to argue with you because it's just going to get stupid. Anyone with a brain knows Roadblock's vid in the top 5 is kinda messed up. And anyone with half a brain knows it's FUCKED UP that 3 is the only pro video in the top 10. There's other inconsistencies...however, the only thing that seems to be going RIGHT is that Dutchy's is likely to win this comp, and that's what people are bitching about, it's absolutely pathetic.

Also, Social vid genre, wow...LOL this is why I refuse to argue with you. Again, imagine if it was Vidol's Apex...
Faint
Level 43
Subtract from Faint's ReputationAdd to Faint's Reputation Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Faint Send a message via MSN to Faint
08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
I'm not going to argue with you because it's just going to get stupid. Anyone with a brain knows Roadblock's vid in the top 5 is kinda messed up. And anyone with half a brain knows it's f..kED UP that 3 is the only pro video in the top 10. There's other inconsistencies...however, the only thing that seems to be going RIGHT is that Dutchy's is likely to win this comp, and that's what people are b..ching about, it's absolutely pathetic.

Also, Social vid genre, wow...LOL this is why I refuse to argue with you. Again, imagine if it was Vidol's Apex...
I have to agree with you.
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
08-25-2010

I think some of us need to take a big long breath.

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
08-25-2010

Why stop now? They've been at it for like 3 days now. It keeps me laughin, so knock yourselves out!
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
08-25-2010

3 hours left and exe and black box are tied for fifth. ooo
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
08-25-2010

I love the amount of care a lot of people have been exhibiting here. I agree with ptw though
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

She only comes to me in my dreams

So sleep becomes addicting
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-25-2010

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you because it's just going to get stupid. Anyone with a brain knows Roadblock's vid in the top 5 is kinda messed up. And anyone with half a brain knows it's f..kED UP that 3 is the only pro video in the top 10. There's other inconsistencies...however, the only thing that seems to be going RIGHT is that Dutchy's is likely to win this comp, and that's what people are b..ching about, it's absolutely pathetic.
If you were into gameplay, you'd appreciate it. You told me yourself you've only edited, so I understand why it's absurd to you.

Try to look at it not as an artistic video, but as a highlight reel. The editing and presentation are essentially translucent; it lets the plays speak for themselves. That can be good, that can be bad. It depends on how good the footage is.

In his case, many agree the footage was strong enough to make the video a classic.

Quote:
If Vidol's name was swapped with Kampy, it still would have been considered the best social video to date. It's very disrespectful that you keep pulling the "name" card, you sure didn't like it when people did it to you up at Eve-films the other day. Don't stoop down to that level, you're better than that

As for the social vid genre, how can you ignore it? You'd have to of closed your eyes for the past 5 years on this site to not recognize how popular it is.