Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Insane0000
Level 11
Subtract from Insane0000's ReputationAdd to Insane0000's Reputation Insane0000 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Insane0000 Send a message via Skype™ to Insane0000
02-11-2012
Exclamation Broken PS1 - Help?

Update: No longer an issue... just used compressed air on the laser and it seems fine now.

Granted, this is a Halo forum. Primarily Xbox owners. But maybe someone out there knows stuff about the PS1.

Just recently, I decided to use my PS1 again. I looked into how to play backup discs/burnt discs. I had once bought Gran Turismo. Had it for the longest time. Now, I just can't seem to find it. So I was trying to do the disc swap trick.

Unfortunately, I must have pressed down to hard when trying to switch out. Now the disc sounds like it's catching and makes a clacking noise. It doesn't want to fully spin up. I also found a small, silver bead underneath the disc when I pulled it out.

Here's what goes down when I try to use it...

If anyone can help me fix this up, that'd be awesome!
Featured on AmazingFilms247 :D

Last edited by Insane0000; 02-12-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Mattey
Level 31
Subtract from Mattey's ReputationAdd to Mattey's Reputation Mattey is on the rise to fame Mattey is on the rise to fame
02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane0000 View Post
Update: No longer an issue... just used compressed air on the laser and it seems fine now.

Granted, this is a Halo forum. Primarily Xbox owners. But maybe someone out there knows stuff about the PS1.

Just recently, I decided to use my PS1 again. I looked into how to play backup discs/burnt discs. I had once bought Gran Turismo. Had it for the longest time. Now, I just can't seem to find it. So I was trying to do the disc swap trick.

Unfortunately, I must have pressed down to hard when trying to switch out. Now the disc sounds like it's catching and makes a clacking noise. It doesn't want to fully spin up. I also found a small, silver bead underneath the disc when I pulled it out.

Here's what goes down when I try to use it...

If anyone can help me fix this up, that'd be awesome!
I think that silver bead has something to do with it

Hope that helped