Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
NEPNWZYOX
Nepin-wuzzy-ox
Subtract from NEPNWZYOX's ReputationAdd to NEPNWZYOX's Reputation NEPNWZYOX is on the rise to fame NEPNWZYOX is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to NEPNWZYOX
01-09-2012
Default So has my GFX card bit the dust?

A few weeks ago I started to notice artifacts popping up in minecraft and quake. I easily fixed it by just restarting my comp, but later on that week it got bad. Like to the point where i thought my card was shot. Vitality told me to up the GPU core voltage a bit and that seemed to work for a long time....Until today....

This was a card I got back from RMA. (last one had a broken fan)

Everything was peachy until i got off quake and got on minecraft. The artifacts were terrible and I have tried everything to fix it. Driver updates, raising core voltage, allocating more power to the gpu, messing with 3d settings in the control panel, nothing.....

I have noticed it's only doing these artifacts in OpenGL games. Anything that uses hl2.exe will also have problems.

Now it seems like my gpu has no power at all. can't get over 40 fps in minecraft and I used to get 90fps on BF3 in 1080p on low. Now I can't go over 30, like it's locked or something.

This screenshot didn't capture the messed up pixels. they were green and all trippy.

3d settings

Now i'm not looking for high performance. I want everything balanced.

For my javaw.exe settings in the program settings tab i have these different from "global"

Antialiasing mode - Override any application setting
Antialiasing setting - 8x
Antialiasing transparency - 8x (supersample)

I use that for smooth textures for playing and recording (never had any problems with it enabled)

MSI afterburner settings. Default core voltage was on 1025

So....any fixes or is it dead?

Last edited by NEPNWZYOX; 01-09-2012 at 10:56 PM.
NEPNWZYOX
Nepin-wuzzy-ox
Subtract from NEPNWZYOX's ReputationAdd to NEPNWZYOX's Reputation NEPNWZYOX is on the rise to fame NEPNWZYOX is on the rise to fame
01-09-2012

I set everything to default, even afterburner and 3d control panel. Not having any problems yet. Will update if something happens.
TheTurboFD
April 19 CoLiNz DAY!
Subtract from TheTurboFD's ReputationAdd to TheTurboFD's Reputation TheTurboFD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheTurboFD
01-09-2012

You were overclocked? Usually artifacts happen with unstable overclock and or overheating
NEPNWZYOX
Nepin-wuzzy-ox
01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTurboFD View Post
You were overclocked? Usually artifacts happen with unstable overclock and or overheating
I wasn't overclocked. Only thing i touched was the core voltage and that was after I was getting the artifacts. Idk how it can be overheating though. I don't play many gpu intensive games. Only BF3 which i play an hour a week haha.
TheTurboFD
April 19 CoLiNz DAY!
Subtract from TheTurboFD's ReputationAdd to TheTurboFD's Reputation TheTurboFD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheTurboFD
01-10-2012

have you tried downclocking your card? If you downclock and it works perfectly fine then you have to RMA.

P.S WTF is that in your sig ? It reminds me of amnesia
NEPNWZYOX
Nepin-wuzzy-ox
01-10-2012

Quote:
have you tried downclocking your card? If you downclock and it works perfectly fine then you have to RMA.
It's been working fine since I reset everything to default settings.

Quote:
P.S WTF is that in your sig ? It reminds me of amnesia
Yeah it's monster from amnesia.