Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Gage
VIP just not in the group
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
01-18-2012
Default Just ordered my first SSD. Afraid of many problems.

I was very limited with my choices today but I had the chance to get something for super cheap. I went to a place I used to work (that works with a major distribution company) and I could get an SSD for the super low low although variety was very limited. I ended up getting an OCZ Agility III, SATA III 60GB SSD seen [HERE] for a price I'm afraid to post on the internet because my name isn't hidden and I give out my Facebook.. it wouldn't be hard for someone to find out where I worked... let's just say when I saw retail and saw how much one of my old companies gets it for, I was in shock.

But anyway, I've been reading nothing but bad reviews. I think I should have gone with the CruicialM4, but they only had the 32GB and for those prices, I really wanted to get as much storage capacity as possible with the limited cash I had on hand.

From what I've been reading, I simply need to make sure that I have AHCI enabled in my BIOS and then I need to update the firmware on the SSD when it arrives, before I go about Windows installation. Then I need to expect a few BSOD and freezes/reboots along the way until I've got windows fully installed and running -- at which point, I may run into more issues. Great.

Any hints/tips/tricks/suggestions? Thanks!
TheTurboFD
April 19 CoLiNz DAY!
Subtract from TheTurboFD's ReputationAdd to TheTurboFD's Reputation TheTurboFD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheTurboFD
01-19-2012

Make sure you get the latest update for it since it has fixed most of the problems for it
Vitality
like whaaaaat
Subtract from Vitality's ReputationAdd to Vitality's Reputation Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
01-19-2012

what he said

and how does telling us how much you paid link to your facebook lol
Gage
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
01-19-2012

Hopefully it will ship with v2.15, but even if it doesn't I'll upgrade.
I'm kind of afraid, but super excited.

And I just don't want to take any chance lolol
Vitality
like whaaaaat
Subtract from Vitality's ReputationAdd to Vitality's Reputation Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
01-19-2012

... lol

i really wanna know how much you paid though lol.

pm me??
Gage
01-23-2012

SATA II. Not bad. I'm absolutely loving every second.
Bluex
Level 13
Subtract from Bluex's ReputationAdd to Bluex's Reputation Bluex is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Bluex
01-25-2012

are these worth the extra money? the laptop i wanna order has a SSD for an extra 100 bucks but its only a 250gb
Gage
01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
are these worth the extra money? the laptop i wanna order has a SSD for an extra 100 bucks but its only a 250gb
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Hell yes!

The one I just bought retails for $100.00 for 60GB vs. $100 for 250GB. DO IT!
And they're well worth the money.