Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
04-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Yeah I do not doubt that lol. Why do you not like him?
I personally don't like Dawkins because all too often he poorly articulates his arguments. I know I'm an arrogant prick and all, but I can really do a better job of it than him.

I feel the same way about Hitchens, but at least Hitchens has a habit of making great points every now and then (sometimes, awesome ones).
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
04-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
I personally don't like Dawkins because all too often he poorly articulates his arguments. I know I'm an arrogant prick and all, but I can really do a better job of it than him.
Love the honesty Butthair, I really do haha. Yeah I would agree with you, and although you could probably care less about my other reason, it is that he is just so damn arrogant, I just cannot get passed it.

And yes, I would agree with you in that you could articulate arguments better than him lol.

Quote:
I feel the same way about Hitchens, but at least Hitchens has a habit of making great points every now and then (sometimes, awesome ones).
Could not agree with you more again, in fact, I used to get Hitchens and Dawkins mixed up when I first started studying there works.

Any good literature from Hitchens that you would recommend by any chance?
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
04-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Yeah I do not doubt that lol. Why do you not like him?
Because he's an arrogant asshole.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
04-09-2009

I like Dawkins, he is a bit arrogant in his writing which is fine, but it isn't going to get teachings out and recepted by nearly as many people as in the case he toned it down a bit.

But he does present ideas in a very understandable manner and with great reason and precision.

I doubt I would go drinking with him though, I think he would be a mean drunk.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
tom31deecc FTW
Level 32
Subtract from tom31deecc FTW's ReputationAdd to tom31deecc FTW's Reputation tom31deecc FTW is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tom31deecc FTW Send a message via MSN to tom31deecc FTW
04-09-2009

I think Dawkins is great. I find assholes funny.
BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
04-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
I doubt I would go drinking with him though, I think he would be a mean drunk.
You wouldn't want to go get drunk with me then, because I'm a sad drunk...
H 2 F R e G s
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
04-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
You wouldn't want to go get drunk with me then, because I'm a sad drunk...
Never understood that. Gotta get happy when you drink

Just wait till you start going to conferences on a regular basis, that is half the point of it. Drinking with people. You find out some of the most interesting things at the bar.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
04-09-2009

Quote:

Just wait till you start going to conferences on a regular basis, that is half the point of it. Drinking with people. You find out some of the most interesting things at the bar.
Haha, I went to my first one in January. It was the MAA (Mathematical Association of Americas) annually held event with thousands of mathematicians from around the world. I basically decided to hang with the undergrads and we had a fun time at the bar.

I was just kidding. I'm actually a super happy drunk!
H 2 F R e G s
Soulvaki
Lurking.
Subtract from Soulvaki's ReputationAdd to Soulvaki's Reputation Soulvaki is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Soulvaki
04-09-2009

Quote:

It would make sense in a way since alcohol is a depressant. That's why people do it in groups or you would sit there and feel sorry for yourself. Plus there's the whole escaping reality thing. "I don't feel my problem right now so it's okay, but really it's still there the next morning." People who drink for that reason alone need to find a life before drinking again.
Drowning in a Digital Sea.
Hi, I'm Andy. Nice to meet you. :]

MarkedAchilles
04-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulvaki View Post
It would make sense in a way since alcohol is a depressant. That's why people do it in groups or you would sit there and feel sorry for yourself. Plus there's the whole escaping reality thing. "I don't feel my problem right now so it's okay, but really it's still there the next morning." People who drink for that reason alone need to find a life before drinking again.
I am not sure . .. but I think someone just tried explaining drinking to me . . .

TO ME!!!!!!!!

The world all of a sudden just doesn't make sense. . .