Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Co66in
Level 10
Subtract from Co66in's ReputationAdd to Co66in's Reputation Co66in is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Co66in
03-28-2009

you cant say that every religion ever conceived by man isnt all worshiping the same all powerful being? there are minor differences yes i will give you that but the afterlife is all the same no matter how or who you worship...yeah i know somebody will find a flaw with this but before somebody starts flaming on me i will say i follow the norse ways as does my family.
P.k
Level 28
Subtract from P.k's ReputationAdd to P.k's Reputation P.k is a novice
03-28-2009

matter has two t's

Red Sox Suck

Bearshy
Subtract from Bearshy's ReputationAdd to Bearshy's Reputation Bearshy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Bearshy
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co66in View Post
you cant say that every religion ever conceived by man isnt all worshiping the same all powerful being? there are minor differences yes i will give you that but the afterlife is all the same no matter how or who you worship...yeah i know somebody will find a flaw with this but before somebody starts flaming on me i will say i follow the norse ways as does my family.
So the Buddhist belief that you will be reincarnated is the same as dying and going to Heaven for eternity?

Oh.

Killer Rhyno
Erected
Subtract from Killer Rhyno's ReputationAdd to Killer Rhyno's Reputation Killer Rhyno is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Killer Rhyno
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
GTFO...
I don't care to give you a call, so if you want to make a claim that God does not exist, please state your reasons here.
Okay.

It requires simple thinking what most of you can't do. Do you really think there's a person/thing/creature that created earth? Do you think there's a "God" for every planet in the universe? It's just physics and matter. And if there is a God, how come there's so much violence and inhumanity in the world? I believe in the bible it says God is all loving. And people have been praying to God asking for help. Muslim people pray like every 2 hours and all they get is suffering and war. If God would listen to prayers there wouldn't even be wars.
Bearshy
Subtract from Bearshy's ReputationAdd to Bearshy's Reputation Bearshy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Bearshy
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Rhyno View Post
Okay.

It requires simple thinking what most of you can't do. Do you really think there's a person/thing/creature that created earth? Do you think there's a "God" for every planet in the universe? It's just physics and matter. And if there is a God, how come there's so much violence and inhumanity in the world? I believe in the bible it says God is all loving. And people have been praying to God asking for help. Muslim people pray like every 2 hours and all they get is suffering and war. If God would listen to prayers there wouldn't even be wars.
God is an angry and vengeful god or so that's what the Bible says.

If the God of the Bible is real then the things he puts individuals through is to test them. If faith isn't tested then there really isn't much point behind faith.

I'm not saying I believe the Bible, but that's the point they're trying to get across.

WtF_KillShotLOL
Level 35
Subtract from WtF_KillShotLOL's ReputationAdd to WtF_KillShotLOL's Reputation WtF_KillShotLOL is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WtF_KillShotLOL
03-29-2009

lol at anti arguement, raped. imo god isn't real. but thats me.
Halo 2 XBC: Daltyy
GT: Dalty Hearts U (gow only.)
Killer Rhyno
Erected
Subtract from Killer Rhyno's ReputationAdd to Killer Rhyno's Reputation Killer Rhyno is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Killer Rhyno
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearshy View Post
God is an angry and vengeful god or so that's what the Bible says.

If the God of the Bible is real then the things he puts individuals through is to test them. If faith isn't tested then there really isn't much point behind faith.

I'm not saying I believe the Bible, but that's the point they're trying to get across.
I get it. But I just don't think its physically possible that there is a God.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Rhyno View Post
I get it. But I just don't think its physically possible that there is a God.
That "simple thinking" you're doing is only applying to the religious god(s) it seems.
Busy, busy, busy
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
03-29-2009

SiR KiLLiONAiRE
Level 16
Subtract from SiR KiLLiONAiRE's ReputationAdd to SiR KiLLiONAiRE's Reputation SiR KiLLiONAiRE is a novice
03-29-2009

here is how i see it. you cant prove that anything you see is real. maybe all of you are figments of my imagination. maybe im a figment of your imagination. life could all just be a dream. so if nothing is real and we all dont exist that means that god couldnt exist either. but we dont know that. we dont know and wont know what is and isnt real. so if we cant prove ANYTHING and dont know ANYTHING why talk about it? why not just live life and when it ends we will find out what is real and not. personally i think religion holds tons and tons of people back from thinking for themselves and seeing the truth. but thats just me.
"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DEATH, LIFE IS BUT A DREAM AND WE ARE THE IMAGINATION OF OURSELVES." -BILL HICKS