Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Co66in
Level 10
Co66in's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 30
Subtract from Co66in's ReputationAdd to Co66in's Reputation Co66in is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Co66in
#141
03-28-2009
Default

you cant say that every religion ever conceived by man isnt all worshiping the same all powerful being? there are minor differences yes i will give you that but the afterlife is all the same no matter how or who you worship...yeah i know somebody will find a flaw with this but before somebody starts flaming on me i will say i follow the norse ways as does my family.
P.k
Level 28
P.k's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,564
Subtract from P.k's ReputationAdd to P.k's Reputation P.k is a novice
#142
03-28-2009
Default

matter has two t's

Red Sox Suck

Bearshy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,383
Subtract from Bearshy's ReputationAdd to Bearshy's Reputation Bearshy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Bearshy
#143
03-29-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co66in View Post
you cant say that every religion ever conceived by man isnt all worshiping the same all powerful being? there are minor differences yes i will give you that but the afterlife is all the same no matter how or who you worship...yeah i know somebody will find a flaw with this but before somebody starts flaming on me i will say i follow the norse ways as does my family.
So the Buddhist belief that you will be reincarnated is the same as dying and going to Heaven for eternity?

Oh.

Killer Rhyno
Erected
Killer Rhyno's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,435
Subtract from Killer Rhyno's ReputationAdd to Killer Rhyno's Reputation Killer Rhyno is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Killer Rhyno
#144
03-29-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
GTFO...
I don't care to give you a call, so if you want to make a claim that God does not exist, please state your reasons here.
Okay.

It requires simple thinking what most of you can't do. Do you really think there's a person/thing/creature that created earth? Do you think there's a "God" for every planet in the universe? It's just physics and matter. And if there is a God, how come there's so much violence and inhumanity in the world? I believe in the bible it says God is all loving. And people have been praying to God asking for help. Muslim people pray like every 2 hours and all they get is suffering and war. If God would listen to prayers there wouldn't even be wars.
Bearshy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,383
Subtract from Bearshy's ReputationAdd to Bearshy's Reputation Bearshy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Bearshy
#145
03-29-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Rhyno View Post
Okay.

It requires simple thinking what most of you can't do. Do you really think there's a person/thing/creature that created earth? Do you think there's a "God" for every planet in the universe? It's just physics and matter. And if there is a God, how come there's so much violence and inhumanity in the world? I believe in the bible it says God is all loving. And people have been praying to God asking for help. Muslim people pray like every 2 hours and all they get is suffering and war. If God would listen to prayers there wouldn't even be wars.
God is an angry and vengeful god or so that's what the Bible says.

If the God of the Bible is real then the things he puts individuals through is to test them. If faith isn't tested then there really isn't much point behind faith.

I'm not saying I believe the Bible, but that's the point they're trying to get across.

WtF_KillShotLOL
Level 35
WtF_KillShotLOL's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kentucky
Posts: 3,171
Subtract from WtF_KillShotLOL's ReputationAdd to WtF_KillShotLOL's Reputation WtF_KillShotLOL is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WtF_KillShotLOL
#146
03-29-2009
Default

lol at anti arguement, raped. imo god isn't real. but thats me.
Halo 2 XBC: Daltyy
GT: Dalty Hearts U (gow only.)
Killer Rhyno
Erected
Killer Rhyno's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,435
Subtract from Killer Rhyno's ReputationAdd to Killer Rhyno's Reputation Killer Rhyno is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Killer Rhyno
#147
03-29-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearshy View Post
God is an angry and vengeful god or so that's what the Bible says.

If the God of the Bible is real then the things he puts individuals through is to test them. If faith isn't tested then there really isn't much point behind faith.

I'm not saying I believe the Bible, but that's the point they're trying to get across.
I get it. But I just don't think its physically possible that there is a God.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#148
03-29-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Rhyno View Post
I get it. But I just don't think its physically possible that there is a God.
That "simple thinking" you're doing is only applying to the religious god(s) it seems.
Busy, busy, busy
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Crest's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my Batcave...
Posts: 38,214
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
#149
03-29-2009
Default


SiR KiLLiONAiRE
Level 16
SiR KiLLiONAiRE's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Prying open my third eye
Posts: 317
Subtract from SiR KiLLiONAiRE's ReputationAdd to SiR KiLLiONAiRE's Reputation SiR KiLLiONAiRE is a novice
#150
03-29-2009
Default

here is how i see it. you cant prove that anything you see is real. maybe all of you are figments of my imagination. maybe im a figment of your imagination. life could all just be a dream. so if nothing is real and we all dont exist that means that god couldnt exist either. but we dont know that. we dont know and wont know what is and isnt real. so if we cant prove ANYTHING and dont know ANYTHING why talk about it? why not just live life and when it ends we will find out what is real and not. personally i think religion holds tons and tons of people back from thinking for themselves and seeing the truth. but thats just me.
"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DEATH, LIFE IS BUT A DREAM AND WE ARE THE IMAGINATION OF OURSELVES." -BILL HICKS

 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off