Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
Wes
Subtract from Wes's ReputationAdd to Wes's Reputation Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000
06-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havey View Post
If it looks like it plays like an Halo game it would be Halo Reach...but these guys are assuring us its definitely its own entity.

I may be playing this game today. My youngest brother has a friend that got the Alpha code...may be bringing it to my house. Pretty excited!
enjoy it man.
QuiGz
Kaze Ni Nare
Subtract from QuiGz's ReputationAdd to QuiGz's Reputation QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to QuiGz Send a message via Skype™ to QuiGz
06-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siarnaq View Post

Except it looks exactly like someone smacked Planetside 2 and Halo 4 together?
Or better yet as someone already said in this thread, looks like a futuristic CoD.

I liked the idea at first when it was just an open-world FPSRPG set in the Halo universe, but everything seemed to have change when the Fire nation attacked.. I mean, when they started releasing gameplay.
Just because you think it looks like it doesn't mean it plays like it, and that's all that matters. Played the Alpha for the last 2 days and it feels nothing like Halo 4 or CoD.
Spence
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Spence's ReputationAdd to Spence's Reputation Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Spence
06-14-2014

like Ive been saying since the first GP trailers were released.
Siarnaq
The Endless Obsession.
Subtract from Siarnaq's ReputationAdd to Siarnaq's Reputation Siarnaq is legendary Siarnaq is legendary Siarnaq is legendary
06-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
besides the loot and the small rpg elements, there aren't any real similarities. and wtf are you talking about saying it looks/plays like halo 4? you're kidding, right? i honestly don't see where you're getting that from. did you play h4 at all?

you really need to play to game to get an idea of what it really is.
I'm sure I was told that when I had my skepticism regarding Black Ops because "it's so vastly different from what they previously did gameplay-wise".

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGz
Just because you think it looks like it doesn't mean it plays like it, and that's all that matters. Played the Alpha for the last 2 days and it feels nothing like Halo 4 or CoD.
Don't get me wrong, I want it to be different, but from what I've seen from the hours upon hours of gameplay I've been watching of Ninja.. it isn't.
It isn't anything groundbreaking, it isn't anything new, it's just two previously existing concepts that have done well that someone just smashed together.

I reckon that it's going to be around for about a year, with the peak hitting at the fourth month after launch.
Spence
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Spence's ReputationAdd to Spence's Reputation Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Spence
06-14-2014

It's a 10 year project spanning multiple games. It'll be around more than a year. Also, what we've seen so far is just a small fraction of what the final game is. In the alpha we have one part of one planet and 2 multiplayer maps. Final release there is all of earth, all of mars, all of venus and all of the moon. With all that content, and exploration how can you say it isn't groundbreaking or that it'll hit its peak 4 months after launch?
Klima
Bold as Love
Subtract from Klima's ReputationAdd to Klima's Reputation Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Klima
06-14-2014

It absolutely is groundbreaking and something new.
QuiGz
Kaze Ni Nare
Subtract from QuiGz's ReputationAdd to QuiGz's Reputation QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to QuiGz Send a message via Skype™ to QuiGz
06-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siarnaq View Post

Don't get me wrong, I want it to be different, but from what I've seen from the hours upon hours of gameplay I've been watching of Ninja.. it isn't.
It isn't anything groundbreaking, it isn't anything new, it's just two previously existing concepts that have done well that someone just smashed together.

I reckon that it's going to be around for about a year, with the peak hitting at the fourth month after launch.
And what I've experienced through 15hours of gameplay is that it is. It doesn't have to be a groundbreaking, mindblowing new concept to be a great game. It took the modern FPS and made it a shit ton better. If you want to look at it from that direction then go for it.
Siarnaq
The Endless Obsession.
Subtract from Siarnaq's ReputationAdd to Siarnaq's Reputation Siarnaq is legendary Siarnaq is legendary Siarnaq is legendary
06-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerrrr View Post
It's a 10 year project spanning multiple games. It'll be around more than a year. Also, what we've seen so far is just a small fraction of what the final game is. In the alpha we have one part of one planet and 2 multiplayer maps. Final release there is all of earth, all of mars, all of venus and all of the moon. With all that content, and exploration how can you say it isn't groundbreaking(1) or that it'll hit its peak 4 months after launch?(2)
1. No Man's Sky and Star Citizen, and that's just the current titles that vastly outscales it.

2. Look at any MMORPG or Borderlands itself even.
Also, please point out where they excplicitely said there will be multiple games because I have yet to find anything about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klima
It absolutely is groundbreaking and something new.
I can't agree with that. It's a Borderlands MMORPG for lack of a better term, there is nothing groundbreaking or new about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGz
And what I've experienced through 15hours of gameplay is that it is. It doesn't have to be a groundbreaking, mindblowing new concept to be a great game. It took the modern FPS and made it a shit ton better. If you want to look at it from that direction then go for it.
I'm sorry, but modern FPS games weren't good to begin with. Saying that it made "FPS better" isn't that strong of an argument according to me. I'm sure there are folks out there that enjoy it.. but they said something entirely different when the game was still in development.
In fact I am fairly certain they didn't say "So here we have Borderlands and we slapped a decent modern FPS on to it".

Another thing is that an FPS in my eyes needs to be able to have a strong competitive side. How that is going to work with the powerups and such is something I have a hard time imagining.

EDIT;
Because apparently discussing views on an unreleased game is entirely prohibited if it doesn't fall in line with what he thinks.

DOUBLE EDIT; In fact I don't think anything anyone has posted that hasn't been agreeing with what he thinks has gone without negative rep.

Last edited by Siarnaq; 06-14-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Klima
Bold as Love
Subtract from Klima's ReputationAdd to Klima's Reputation Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Klima
06-14-2014

A "Borderlands MMORPG "is something new though. And this game will be so "huge". I consider it groundbreaking when I look at the technical side of it.

But yeah, it is really similar to Borderlands by the looks of it, but that isn't a bad thing, is it?

EDIT: Blitzy is a fool.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
06-14-2014

I mean all of us can sit here and judge a game based on the looks of it. I have been saying for a while that I believe the aesthetics of the game look identical to Reach. But with that being said I have yet to play the game. none of us can accurately judge a game based on pure opinion and what we just so happen to see.

We don't even know how the mechanics of the game works until we play it for ourselves.

Plus I trust Quigz and Wes. Both of them actually have their hands on the game. I hope to play tonight as well.