Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
02-05-2011

Hello H2F. Ive missed you guys.

But Ive decided to do a quick drunken post about this topic though I am not well versed in it.

First of all, I must admit (though embarrassingly) that Ive been waiting for this fight for nearly two years. I personally believed that he only person who could ever give Anderson Silva a true run was Vitor. Unfortunately tonight proved otherwise.

This was one of those nights where my heart was with Vitor, but my head was with Silva. I figured that although they both had amazing hands, Anderson had more speed then Vitor, and a more versatile striking ability.

BJJ I gave to Anderson, but I didnt think his gameplan was ever to take it to the ground specifically (Just because I didnt think Vitor would be baited into it).

So anyways, a fight that I had been waiting to see, didnt even last 1 round. Disappointing, but I guess my general point is - I dont think anyone can beat Anderson Silva. Period.

Ive argued about the Sonnen fight with different people, and some of them made some good points, but my personal stance is that Silva went into that fight with a Bull/Matador game plan, and wanted to submit him. The victory there was the ultimate sarcastic response he could give following the Maia fight where he embarrassed him, and took it overboard. It was basically a big middle finger to Dana White, and the rest the world in his own little way.

I think the unfortunate truth is Silva is too well rounded of a fighter, and his gameplan going into fights calls for taking advantage of his opponents weaknesses, to the point of the only thing that can possibly beat him is a way left field, off the wall, unorthodox move out of nowhere....um what the hell happened move (like the famous scissor heel alot of us have youtubed).

If you disagree, please feel free to respond to my drunken post, and expose me for not knowing what Im talking about. But I guess after seeing Silva's performance in a fight that I had been waiting a long time for, thats what Im thinking.
madmax89
Level 26
Subtract from madmax89's ReputationAdd to madmax89's Reputation madmax89 is a novice
02-06-2011

Silva said in the Post Fight Conference that he trained that kick and tried to perfect it with Steven Seagal. Steven Fucking Seagal ftw. lol.
Darkstar
Born Thuggin'
Subtract from Darkstar's ReputationAdd to Darkstar's Reputation Darkstar is legendary Darkstar is legendary Darkstar is legendary
02-06-2011

Now it's time for GSP to beat Jake Shields and then go to MW. I believe he's the last challenge for Silva.
WRC Aaron
Level 42
Subtract from WRC Aaron's ReputationAdd to WRC Aaron's Reputation WRC Aaron is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WRC Aaron
02-06-2011

If Jon Jones wins the title Rashad says he'll move to MW or HW. I'd love to him fight Anderson.
XBC - llAaronll
iEdiTioN
Level 25
Subtract from iEdiTioN's ReputationAdd to iEdiTioN's Reputation iEdiTioN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iEdiTioN
02-06-2011

Look what i made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQopgdMYyfQ

Last edited by iEdiTioN; 02-06-2011 at 03:24 PM.
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
02-06-2011

haha, nice vid.

but hooooooooooooooolyyyyyyyy f..k Silva was awesome last night. Beasting people as always! just when we thought he was starting to be a punk, he knocks out Belfort in the 1st round. crazy ass mother f..ker.

why would Rashad move down to MW or up to HW if Jones got the title?

Jones vs Rua is gonna be retarded. I hope Shogun knocks his tall lanky ass out cold. Speaking of Jones, he was a beast last night. He pretty much showed the world that wrestlers are f..kin useless off they're back. If I was an NCAA div 1 wrestler like Bader and used wrestling 80% of the fight, I'd seriously learn how to f..kin fight off my back at lease... like come on...

and I was honestly surprised to see Griffin take out Franklin like that! I was going for Franklin but really I wanted Griffin to win. Good for Griffin.

ppl better watch out for Cerrone.

and f..k Okami's title shot, I wanna see GSP vs Silva!! unless the UFC can make it happen quick enough and allow us to watch Silva KO somebody else, right?

Last edited by riot; 02-06-2011 at 05:18 PM.
WRC Aaron
Level 42
Subtract from WRC Aaron's ReputationAdd to WRC Aaron's Reputation WRC Aaron is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WRC Aaron
02-06-2011

Because Jones and Rashad won't fight each other.
http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=6095452
XBC - llAaronll

Last edited by WRC Aaron; 02-06-2011 at 05:49 PM.
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
02-06-2011

black on black crime.

btw i wanna take a sec to thank everyone for posting in my thread and keeping it alive and well!
madmax89
Level 26
Subtract from madmax89's ReputationAdd to madmax89's Reputation madmax89 is a novice
02-07-2011

Who's ready to see Fedor bust some ass this upcoming Saturday.
ChangeS
Great Saiyaman is Gohan.
Subtract from ChangeS's ReputationAdd to ChangeS's Reputation ChangeS IS OVER 9000 ChangeS IS OVER 9000 ChangeS IS OVER 9000 ChangeS IS OVER 9000 ChangeS IS OVER 9000 ChangeS IS OVER 9000 ChangeS IS OVER 9000 ChangeS IS OVER 9000
02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
black on black crime.

btw i wanna take a sec to thank everyone for posting in my thread and keeping it alive and well!

We post for discussion, not to keep "your" thread alive. A discussion thread belongs to noone you just beat someone else to posting it.

If its yours learn a little more about MMA "Why wont Rashad/Jones fight"

lol

GT = ChangeZ

Goku dies in DBZ
Vegetta dies in DBZ
Teen Gohan kills Cell