Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAbernathy View Post
So what stops the billions of others from making that same choice?

According to psychology, the vast majority of people get their beliefs (religious, political, economical, etc) from their parents.

What's stops the rest of them you say?

Fear of alienation
Blind following
Not caring in general
Opinion Leaders' influences

It's a vicious cycle.
JCAbernathy
Level 29
Subtract from JCAbernathy's ReputationAdd to JCAbernathy's Reputation JCAbernathy is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT IS FOLLY View Post
Intelligence.

Those who do not question authority and the way their environment is around them display a lack of intelligence.
So the Muslims who are constantly growing at an uncontrollable rate that are highly educated and taking most of the jobs in Europe and the surrounding area are unintelligent? I think you are clouding your judgment. Just because someone believes in a religion does not degrade their intelligence. That is like saying because I like chocolate ice cream, and I think its the most delicious of the ice creams. But you think vanilla is, and because I think chocolate is, my intelligence in a entirety is faulted.

Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
01-08-2008

Quote:
That is like saying because I like chocolate ice cream, and I think its the most delicious of the ice creams. But you think vanilla is, and because I think chocolate is, my intelligence in a entirety is faulted.
Actually, that has no correlation towards religion at all.

Taste is a physical preference that you are in no control of.
JCAbernathy
Level 29
Subtract from JCAbernathy's ReputationAdd to JCAbernathy's Reputation JCAbernathy is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
Actually, that has no correlation towards religion at all.

Taste is a physical preference that you are in no control of.
Preference of taste is a choice. Believing or not believing in a religion is a choice.

Prowl
Amazingly Randy
01-08-2008

Quote:
Preference of taste is a choice.
...what?!?!?!?

No it's not
JCAbernathy
Level 29
01-08-2008

Quote:
...what?!?!?!?

No it's not
So I can't like chocolate and vanilla, but have a preference of chocolate over the latter? How does that not make it a choice rather than just a physical preference I have no control over..?

EDIT: I just read through this and I think its hilarious how this has become a ice cream debate..hahaha

Last edited by JCAbernathy; 01-08-2008 at 08:02 PM.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
So the Muslims who are constantly growing at an uncontrollable rate that are highly educated and taking most of the jobs in Europe and the surrounding area are unintelligent? I think you are clouding your judgment. Just because someone believes in a religion does not degrade their intelligence. That is like saying because I like chocolate ice cream, and I think its the most delicious of the ice creams. But you think vanilla is, and because I think chocolate is, my intelligence in a entirety is faulted.
50% of the Adults in the Middle East cannot read or write.

They are just as intelligent as anyone else, just uneducated as a whole.

India, China and Malaysia on the other hand are the ones where the jobs are expanding because they are the best and are willing to work for much less.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
JCAbernathy
Level 29
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
50% of the Adults in the Middle East cannot read or write.

They are just as intelligent as anyone else, just uneducated as a whole.

India, China and Malaysia on the other hand are the ones where the jobs are expanding because they are the best and are willing to work for much less.
Okay so those are better examples, thanks for the input.

Prowl
Amazingly Randy
01-08-2008

Quote:
So I can't like chocolate and vanilla, but have a preference of chocolate over the latter? How does that not make it a choice rather than just a physical preference I have no control over..?
Your body can't choose what is appealing to your taste buds and what is not based on your metal state.

You don't have a choice in what your body likes or dislikes, so no physical, taste preference.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
Your body can't choose what is appealing to your taste buds and what is not based on your metal state.

You don't have a choice in what your body likes or dislikes, so no physical, taste preference.
There can be some conditioning in taste of this type. You can condition certain taste buds to actually die or numb so as to change your preferences.

But yeah, there is a great deal of inner programming going on.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621