Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
PLaTaNo
F%* friends.
Subtract from PLaTaNo's ReputationAdd to PLaTaNo's Reputation PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000 PLaTaNo IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PLaTaNo
06-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv1ncible View Post
I got friends who could do what Hable was talking about, but other than that, I'm shit outta luck.
"I kick it with the plug nigga."

davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
06-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer View Post
From what I remember, this can't be solved by simply adding a BB code. You need a vBulletin modification.
All kinds of mods already made to enable this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickV View Post
I believe it has to do with some things that happened when creating Fragging Rights.
Poor guy, pouring all that time and money into a site nobody wanted to use. I can see why he's so mad.
Spoiler!
Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
06-21-2014

If we're doing some sort of membership plan I think some of the older members should at least get something special. I mean next year 05 members will have been here for 10 years. Once again just throwing out ideas.
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
06-21-2014

I think we should update/re-do skins for all the Halo's.

New H1 skin pls.

"im pretty sure when i said, was because its the same word. not a different word. then the meaning's of the word... but okay"
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
06-21-2014

I have a few more ideas for premium features. It would be neat to have different packs of features that can be bought and stacked together, all one-time purchases per account. Some of the features that not many people use might as well be monetized, eh?

e.g.,
Pack 1:
Can post image attachments hosted by the forum
PMs
Report posts to mods
Forums search?
Larger avatar/longer custom title/colors in titles

Pack 2: Archives (i.e., old as fuck threads, maybe pre-2011 or something) + secret forum access

Pack 3: No ads

Make em all $5-$10 or whatever, with gift certificates (hurr just like reddit) to bestow these features on other accounts.

Paying to sticky a thread? I see this working if we get a large enough pool of editors floating around, like it was in the heyday. $5-$10.

Also, letting users buy banner ads to display on the site would be neat, if somewhat lacking in potential buyers. I bet some YouTubers would use it. $20 a month. $5 to make a banner ad that links to a thread. Charge more to put an ad more frequently into the rotation.

$7-$10 to rename your account

$10 to get unbanned

Don't underestimate how many people would be willing to drop $10 to force a usertitle or avatar on another user. I know of quite a few I'd drop a Hamilton on in a heartbeat.

$20 to add a custom smiley to the forum w/custom bbcode.

Feel free to criticize; I'm not personally invested in any of these ideas, just throwing shit out to see what sticks.
Spoiler!
HAble
Praying for tidal waves..
Subtract from HAble's ReputationAdd to HAble's Reputation HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to HAble
06-21-2014

I like the ideas about the banner ads, but getting threads stickied for money sort of ruins the point of a Social website I think. If you could just pay to have your stuff on the front page of Reddit it wouldn't nearly be as effective as having the community decide what they like and want to see up there.
Xyox is gay
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
06-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAble View Post
I like the ideas about the banner ads, but getting threads stickied for money sort of ruins the point of a Social website I think. If you could just pay to have your stuff on the front page of Reddit it wouldn't nearly be as effective as having the community decide what they like and want to see up there.
Good point, but to elaborate, I'm talking about stickying shit in a specific subforum for people who are selling editing services and other such things. Not front page shit.
Spoiler!
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
06-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Good point, but to elaborate, I'm talking about stickying shit in a specific subforum for people who are selling editing services and other such things. Not front page shit.
Hell, if we don't have enough editors to justify a whole subforum, have a stickied thread and charge people to get their name and contact info and portfolio linked in the OP.
Spoiler!
QuiGz
Kaze Ni Nare
Subtract from QuiGz's ReputationAdd to QuiGz's Reputation QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to QuiGz Send a message via Skype™ to QuiGz
06-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
I have a few more ideas for premium features. It would be neat to have different packs of features that can be bought and stacked together, all one-time purchases per account. Some of the features that not many people use might as well be monetized, eh?

e.g.,
Pack 1:
Can post image attachments hosted by the forum
PMs
Report posts to mods
Forums search?
Larger avatar/longer custom title/colors in titles

Pack 2: Archives (i.e., old as fuck threads, maybe pre-2011 or something) + secret forum access

Pack 3: No ads

Make em all $5-$10 or whatever, with gift certificates (hurr just like reddit) to bestow these features on other accounts.

Paying to sticky a thread? I see this working if we get a large enough pool of editors floating around, like it was in the heyday. $5-$10.

Also, letting users buy banner ads to display on the site would be neat, if somewhat lacking in potential buyers. I bet some YouTubers would use it. $20 a month. $5 to make a banner ad that links to a thread. Charge more to put an ad more frequently into the rotation.

$7-$10 to rename your account

$10 to get unbanned

Don't underestimate how many people would be willing to drop $10 to force a usertitle or avatar on another user. I know of quite a few I'd drop a Hamilton on in a heartbeat.

$20 to add a custom smiley to the forum w/custom bbcode.

Feel free to criticize; I'm not personally invested in any of these ideas, just throwing shit out to see what sticks.
The Premium thing wouldn't be a bad idea, problem is kinda that a lot of things that would make sense under a premium "membership" for lack of a better term, we already do for free here. Another site I go to has a Premium/Lifetime membership type of deal, but it's pretty simple. It'll be interesting to see if we can come up with stuff for it, but I obviously don't think we should start stripping things away.

There's a few other things that don't work without it, like gifs in sigs. What I don't think we should do is start charging for every little thing. I think we should come up with a solid single Lifetime package that's worth paying $10 for. You could get a little custom badge/different color for your name like below, as well as whatever else we come up with.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
06-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGz View Post
The Premium thing wouldn't be a bad idea, problem is kinda that a lot of things that would make sense under a premium "membership" for lack of a better term, we already do for free here. Another site I go to has a Premium/Lifetime membership type of deal, but it's pretty simple. It'll be interesting to see if we can come up with stuff for it, but I obviously don't think we should start stripping things away.

There's a few other things that don't work without it, like gifs in sigs. What I don't think we should do is start charging for every little thing. I think we should come up with a solid single Lifetime package that's worth paying $10 for. You could get a little custom badge/different color for your name like below, as well as whatever else we come up with.

It's almost like we'd have to take those features away from new users and grandfather in the regulars.
Spoiler!