Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
I iLL SKilL I
Level 32
Subtract from I iLL SKilL I's ReputationAdd to I iLL SKilL I's Reputation I iLL SKilL I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I iLL SKilL I Send a message via MSN to I iLL SKilL I
10-28-2009
Default Any guesses?

Alright, so my internet/ISP(Bell Sympatico) is pissing me off.

The problem started just over a month ago when I was playing one day and I saw my connection go into red bar. At first I thought nothing of it and just reset my modem + router because that usually fixed my internet when it was going slow. After resetting it like I normally do, I got back on and my connection was still in red bar. So at this point, i'm thinking "wtf?" I got off for the rest of the day, and the next day, the exact same thing happened, was at red bar during the evening. I ran some speedtests while this was happening, and noticed it got slower and slower until it reached this:

After a while, I noticed this would happen at the exact same time every single day (7-7:30PM - 12PM). Without a doubt, if I get on my Xbox during that time, I am in red bar, and my internet on my PC runs extremely slow. Also, on weekends, it does the same thing, and from 2-5PM on top of that. So I call my ISP, and they say they don't know what's wrong, they run some line tests, and end up sending a technician to my house.

He checks over setup and changes my ports, etc... and says the problem should be fixed. Same day, at 7PM, guess what, internet is still crapping out.

I've called my ISP 6 times since then and I get a different answer as to what might be wrong every single time. In total i've had 3 separate technicians come to my house so far and I still have the same stupid problem.

So, since i'm obviously not getting any answers from them, I figured I might as well try online. Any ideas?

(note: I did not change anything in my house before this started, had same setup for a long time. I will probably be changing my ISP next month if this isn't fixed by then)
GT: I iLL SkilL l
l Call Me JK l
Level 41
Subtract from l Call Me JK l's ReputationAdd to l Call Me JK l's Reputation l Call Me JK l is a novice
Send a message via AIM to l Call Me JK l Send a message via Skype™ to l Call Me JK l
10-28-2009

There is probably someone using your wireless or you just live in an old community which if alot of people are online at the same time. you will be slower.
13.3inch Macbook Pro 2010
2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8Gb DDR3 1066Mhz Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
90Gb SSD
24inch ASUS 1080P HD Gaming Monitor
22inch ACER 1080P HD Computer Monitor

Add FollowTheLead(JK loves H2) on XBC

I iLL SKilL I
Level 32
Subtract from I iLL SKilL I's ReputationAdd to I iLL SKilL I's Reputation I iLL SKilL I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I iLL SKilL I Send a message via MSN to I iLL SKilL I
10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Call Me JK l View Post
There is probably someone using your wireless or you just live in an old community which if alot of people are online at the same time. you will be slower.
I don't have wireless and i've never had a problem with it before, my friend on my street has same company and his is fine.
GT: I iLL SkilL l