Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
NickfaT
lolz look at my sexy icon
Subtract from NickfaT's ReputationAdd to NickfaT's Reputation NickfaT is a novice
Send a message via AIM to NickfaT
06-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Catholics don't believe Jesus died for their sins? Give me a break dude. By definition, Catholics are as Christian as Baptists, or any other protestant sect of Christianity. I suppose next you're going to tell me Orthodox Christians really aren't Christians either.
Yup. Whitey is retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
It's spelled 'hypocrite' lookinfor1v1. Jesus Christ can't save your grammar.
White Rabiit
Level 12
Subtract from White Rabiit's ReputationAdd to White Rabiit's Reputation White Rabiit is a novice
06-11-2007

I think its kinda funny how the people that are insulting me are the ones that are usually saying that they have read the bible and they know it so well while anybody with any observance skills will notice that soooo many Roman Catholic practices are in direct contradiction with the bible. Seriously the amount of shit and traditions and alterations that Roman Catholics have done is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure its only a coincidence that your not allowed to question the absurd and completely unrelated to scripture in the bible, practices of many of the Roman Catholics. Sure, they may believe in Jesus Christ as their saviour and such but its appalling that they get away with doing what they do and teaching what they teach without anybody saying anything against it. Praying to the saints and stuff goes against one of the ten commandants and there is much much more stuff (actually a 20 page mini booklet worth) that they do that so obviously in contradiction with the bible that I'm amazed that the Roman Catholics don't even realize it.
One pill makes you smaller and one pill makes you large and the one that your mother gives you don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice......I think shed know

Last edited by White Rabiit; 06-11-2007 at 10:07 PM.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
06-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabiit View Post
I think its kinda funny how the people that are insulting me are the ones that are usually saying that they have read the bible and they know it so well while anybody with any observance skills will notice that soooo many Roman Catholic practices are in direct contradiction with the bible. Seriously the amount of s**t and traditions and alterations that Roman Catholics have done is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure its only a coincidence that your not allowed to question the absurd and completely unrelated to scripture in the bible, practices of many of the Roman Catholics. Sure, they may believe in Jesus Christ as their saviour and such but its appalling that they get away with doing what they do and teaching what they teach without anybody saying anything against it. Praying to the saints and stuff goes against one of the ten commandants and there is much much more stuff (actually a 20 page mini booklet worth) that they do that so obviously in contradiction with the bible that I'm amazed that the Roman Catholics don't even realize it.
What are you talking about? And do you have a link to the 20-page thing-a-ma-bopper that shows all of these contradictions?
SyKaNe
Level 35
Subtract from SyKaNe's ReputationAdd to SyKaNe's Reputation SyKaNe is a novice
06-11-2007

Quote:
I think its kinda funny how the people that are insulting me are the ones that are usually saying that they have read the bible and they know it so well while anybody with any observance skills will notice that soooo many Roman Catholic practices are in direct contradiction with the bible. Seriously the amount of s**t and traditions and alterations that Roman Catholics have done is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure its only a coincidence that your not allowed to question the absurd and completely unrelated to scripture in the bible, practices of many of the Roman Catholics. Sure, they may believe in Jesus Christ as their saviour and such but its appalling that they get away with doing what they do and teaching what they teach without anybody saying anything against it. Praying to the saints and stuff goes against one of the ten commandants and there is much much more stuff (actually a 20 page mini booklet worth) that they do that so obviously in contradiction with the bible that I'm amazed that the Roman Catholics don't even realize it.
Yeah i know everyone here takes everything in the bible literally and thinks if your not an atheist your a christian.
DECLINE OF CIVILIZATION

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
06-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabiit
So you admit that Catholics are Christians then? I'm not really sure what you're bitching about. Even among the protestant sects of Christianity (Lutherans, Anglicans, etc), there are differences in how you worship Jesus, and how you interpret the Bible; and if you go further down within said sects, you'll find even more differences. Christian 'leaders' often acknowledge these differences, and say that Christians should come together because you all believe in the teachings of Jesus. That's an obvious attempt to bring Catholics (which are, by far, the largest Christian group on Earth) to the political adgenda of the Evalgelical Christians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyKaNe View Post
Yeah i know everyone here takes everything in the bible literally and thinks if your not an atheist your a christian.
If you really believe that, than you must not be reading the same posts as me.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
White Rabiit
Level 12
Subtract from White Rabiit's ReputationAdd to White Rabiit's Reputation White Rabiit is a novice
06-12-2007

Ok I suppose I took it a little to far in saying that they are not Christians but they are practically their own religion considering the amount of stuff that they do that the bible doesn't tell you to do.

As for a link to the book I don't have one. I just found the book in a drawer one day and read it, though the publisher's website is chick.com. I haven't given it a look but you should check it out if you want the book.
One pill makes you smaller and one pill makes you large and the one that your mother gives you don't do anything at all
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
06-12-2007

Quote:
Ok I suppose I took it a little to far in saying that they are not Christians but they are practically their own religion considering the amount of stuff that they do that the bible doesn't tell you to do.

As for a link to the book I don't have one. I just found the book in a drawer one day and read it, though the publisher's website is chick.com. I haven't given it a look but you should check it out if you want the book.
I checked out the site and had good laugh. All they do is quote passages from the Bible and teachings and then twist the words around to create faulty sentences.
White Rabiit
Level 12
06-12-2007

I just checked out there site and I agree with muRda, but honestly the book is much different then whats on the site. The book basically details how a Catholic would live her life from beginning to end and for each thing that the church tells them to do it gives the scripture where it tells you not to do that.
18 Dummy
Level 13
Subtract from 18 Dummy's ReputationAdd to 18 Dummy's Reputation 18 Dummy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to 18 Dummy
06-15-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by B L A Q J A Q View Post
I find it hard to understand how an educated human being can belive in God or any religion in particular.

1) Its rediculously farfetch'd to think that an all powerful being exists that created an entire universe for us to worship him in.

2) Why would God or any other Mythical being create the universe and or the human race? So we can live for 80 or so years to decide weither we're worthy to live with him in heaven?

3) Why would he create an entire unimaginably large universe, to place us all on earth?

4) I dont know much of the bible, but i believe God punished us for trying to build a ladder into heaven. Why hasn't he punished us for sending men into outer space?

You have to be an ignorant nut to belive in God. Unless you were raised in a religious enviroment there is no excuse except fear. People believe in God because they want him to exist, because the want to do something after they die, not just rot in the ground.

Religion is Denial.

I agree, and i wish i did belive in a specific religion or god, but i dont, and im too 'smart' if you will, to belive in something like that now. I fear death on a daily basis. I'd rather believe in heaven than know that im gonna rot for eternity.

Education is a Curse.
Sometimes the most ridiculous ideas, prove to be the most important. You may not believe in God, or any religion for that matter, but claiming that those who do must be an
Quote:
ignorant nut
is a bit closed minded. Apparently Einstein was an ignorant nut, and came up with some of the most important theorys in the history of physics.. because of shear luck.

Religion has nothing to do with how intelligent you are, or how "sane" you are for that matter. Religion is about having faith in something, believing in something that's bigger than you, your family.. your world. You may say its ancient mythology, but I say its life. It's not about some bible full of rules, it's not about church on sunday mornings, it's about your day to day experiences and how you feel about them. I personally believe that most of the things in my life have happened for a reason, and we're all more then just one big mistake. You can say all you want about me being 'brainwashed by the church' or 'how i'm in denial beyond belief' or whatever else; but I know what is going on in the world around me, and I don't need some scientific text book to explaine it to me step by step.

Halo 3: EiGhTeeeN DuMmY

AIM: eighteeeeeeeen

Obama '08