Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#261
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
If you have sex with a person that has an STD then that is part of the act. So is a partner that would redily get pregnant. They are both part of the act.
I don't consider the consequences part of the "act". I'm talking about whether or not premarital sex is right or wrong under the assumption that birth control is involved and both partners have no STDs.


Elmo <3
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#262
12-19-2005
Default

So, if I were to believe that consequences are not to be taken into consideration, then we would have the following:

The act of killing is not right or wrong since the consequence of dying is irrelevant. Also, the consequence of jail time or being executed would also be irrelevant because it is not the act itself.

In that case why don't you stop breathing, the act of breathing is neither good nor bad and the consequence of lack of oxygen and eventual death should not be taken into consideration because they are not the "act" itself.

Are you posting just for shock value???
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#263
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
So, if I were to believe that consequences are not to be taken into consideration, then we would have the following:

The act of killing is not right or wrong since the consequence of dying is irrelevant. Also, the consequence of jail time or being executed would also be irrelevant because it is not the act itself.

In that case why don't you stop breathing, the act of breathing is neither good nor bad and the consequence of lack of oxygen and eventual death should not be taken into consideration because they are not the "act" itself.

Are you posting just for shock value???
W...what?

Sex without consequences does not cause pain. Bottom line, anything that doesn't cause pain shouldn't be criticized as being "wrong".


Elmo <3
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#264
12-19-2005
Default

Disease, STD, and pregnancy are painful.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#265
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Disease, STD, and pregnancy are painful.
That's why I specified, NO DISEASES OR PREGNANCY. I'm defining sex itself, because stupid people think pleasure is wrong.


Elmo <3
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#266
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
That's why I specified, NO DISEASES OR PREGNANCY. I'm defining sex itself, because stupid people think pleasure is wrong.
Pleasure is a great thing. God didnt say we should not have pleasure. So I completely agree with you on that.

Though, what is wrong with having it through commitment?

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-19-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#267
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Pleasure is a great thing. God didnt say we should not have pleasure. So I completely agree with you on that.

Though, what is wrong with having it through commitment?
Nothing is wrong with that. The argument is what is wrong with it without commitment.


Elmo <3
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#268
12-19-2005
Default

It's wrong because people abuse it. That is why there are all of these diseases.

If people would just have sex with one person there whole lives and when they start together they are both virgins, do you think they will get diseases? No!

So what is wrong with having it only with one person? I.E Your girlfriend who shared the first "experience" with you and you love her so much that she becomes your wife later on in life?

But that means you had sex before getting married with her. Why not just wait a little longer get married then have all the sex you want to without wondering or fearing that there is something wrong with it.

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-19-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#269
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
It's wrong because people abuse it. That is why there are all of these diseases.

If people would just have sex with one person there whole lives and when they start together they are both virgins, do you think they will get diseases? No!

So what is wrong with having it only with one person? I.E Your girlfriend who shared the first "experience" with you and you love her so much that she becomes your wife later on in life?

But that means you had sex before getting married with her. Why not just wait a little longer get married then have all the sex you want to without wondering or fearing that there is something wrong with it.
I don't think you're getting this, so let me spell it out for you.

YOUR VALUES =/= OTHER PEOPLE'S VALUES


Elmo <3
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#270
12-19-2005
Default

ditto for your argument. you have come full circle and accomplished nothing but for all of us to agree that opinions/values are like assholes, everyone has one.

So, we are back to square one, you believe what you want and I believe what I want and therefore we should all live by "LIVE and LET LIVE" over and out.

Discussion over.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off