Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
12-18-2005

Even if God proposed morals to man, he also gave man a thing called choice. Sex has nothing to do with marriage. You marry because you want to spend the rest of your life with that person, not because you want to fuck them. Marriage has nothing to do with reproduction. You can reproduce effectively and supply future generations without being married.
Busy, busy, busy
iCeAt
Level 31
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
12-18-2005

I am not going to check another thread dude.

I am asking you what happened to you "Oh so mighty knowledge" B4 religion came around.

Ten commandments was b4 the hammurabi and b4 the magna carta.

Therfore morals were already set upon man when the hammurabi and magna carta cae around.

Are you off your putdown remarks now? Are you ready to discuss without putting down and be open minded yet?
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
12-18-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas
Wait, i avoid it?
I was referring to Colostomizer.
GT: King Bond
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-18-2005

The Code of Hammurabi was created around 2000 years before Christ. The Babylonians had never heard of the Ten Commandments. If you would check the other thread I mentioned, you'd see how morals can be developed outside of religion.

The only reason I'm "putting down" is because you're trying to argue about things for which you have no knowledge of. It's kind of hard for two people to have a productive argument if one person doesn't know what he's talking about, wouldn't you agree?

King Bond, I never avoided the points that anyone made. I refuted them every time.

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 12-18-2005 at 05:36 PM.
iCeAt
Level 31
12-18-2005

You are free to believe what ever you want. Just because you have come to a conclusion that Religion is not necessary for morals........... good for you. However, throughout history we have had nothing but murder and killings, they are called war and we have had more than necessary. Please read up on WWI and WWII. Also, why you are at it you can read up on Korea, Vietnam, Darfur, Ex-Yugoslavia, Chechnia and on Iraq. How about terrorists while you are at it. You my friend are living in a rose colored world and need to wake up. One of the best quotes I have read goes as follows: "If God did not exist then we would have to make him up." The reason for that is obvious without religion we would all have a free for all. Humans are genetically programmed to be selfish, egotistical, maniacal, aggressive (some passive), self-centered asses. So, I am truly glad that you have a great pair of rose colored glasses, and that you do not let reality intrude in your world. It's a nice way to avoid the this nasty little world we are in. Wishing you long lasting rose glasses. Over and out.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
12-18-2005

Most of those wars were caused by religion, or at least reinforced with it.
Busy, busy, busy
iCeAt
Level 31
12-18-2005

I realize that it seems that way at first. However, religion is the excuse used to get people (poor people, us dummies) to fight rich men's wars over power and money. At least that is my understanding of it.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
12-18-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bond
Colostomizer. I have this to say and this only. If you want to have sex before marriage, you go right ahead. Go do whatever you want. Go fuck all of Africa, I don't care. Don't wear condoms. Do NOT use a condom or any form of birth control. Do not use birth control and we'll see how many girls want to have sex with you. We'll see how many times you want to do it with some random, drunk chick that "wants pleasure from you". I'm only saying this because in response to my post, all you had to say was my second half was completely unwarranted and went on to say I was starting to look like an idiot. You use man-made creations such as condoms and birth control to enjoy something that is meant for creating life. Just because it is pleasurable, doesn't necessarily mean it was meant to be pleasurable. So that is my challenge to you. You think sex is fun and games and nobody gets hurt? Don't use man-made objects and we'll see how far you get

You need to stop being a self-righteous ass about this. You're just looking down on people who like sex for absolutely no reason.

Why are you babbling about NOT using contraceptives? What does that have to do with anything?

The view that sex is "for creating life" is a Christian view, and ONLY a "view"...so, irrelevant.

How is sex not "meant" to be pleasurable? That makes no sense.

Elmo <3

Last edited by Cursed Lemon; 12-18-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
12-18-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Another thing I would like to add is Before the dawn of religion, it is said that humans were going down a path of chaos...

They had no morals, they had no rights
, I mean seriously. you say I dont know shit. Stop telling me im dumb and answer the fucking question.

Take a baby for instance. It acts pretty much like an animal when you dont give it morals. Humans are like aniamls without morals.

I am saying, where do humans (aniamls) come up wit morals out of nowhere?

How the FAP would humans all of a sudden say, we need not to do this and we need to do that.

I mean seriously dude. Think about that B4 YOU open your mouth again and avoid my question.
Some people never learn to think about others, and that's their own fault for being stupid. Are you one of those people?

I know I'm not.

Elmo <3
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
12-18-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
You are free to believe what ever you want. Just because you have come to a conclusion that Religion is not necessary for morals........... good for you. However, throughout history we have had nothing but murder and killings, they are called war and we have had more than necessary. Please read up on WWI and WWII. Also, why you are at it you can read up on Korea, Vietnam, Darfur, Ex-Yugoslavia, Chechnia and on Iraq. How about terrorists while you are at it. You my friend are living in a rose colored world and need to wake up. One of the best quotes I have read goes as follows: "If God did not exist then we would have to make him up." The reason for that is obvious without religion we would all have a free for all. Humans are genetically programmed to be selfish, egotistical, maniacal, aggressive (some passive), self-centered asses. So, I am truly glad that you have a great pair of rose colored glasses, and that you do not let reality intrude in your world. It's a nice way to avoid the this nasty little world we are in. Wishing you long lasting rose glasses. Over and out.
No, humans are programmed to SURVIVE.

Elmo <3