Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Vitality
like whaaaaat
Subtract from Vitality's ReputationAdd to Vitality's Reputation Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
10-30-2011

then you should be good.
freak
#1 butt eater™
Subtract from freak's ReputationAdd to freak's Reputation freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000
10-30-2011

does your pc have onboard video or is it just sitting there?
Invisible
uber n00b (level 36)
Subtract from Invisible's ReputationAdd to Invisible's Reputation Invisible is on the rise to fame Invisible is on the rise to fame
10-30-2011

It's just sitting there.

Madvillan
Kapitän Klugscheißer
Subtract from Madvillan's ReputationAdd to Madvillan's Reputation Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000
10-30-2011

Thought i'd do a quick post before i finally got some sleep this weekend (not).

My fucking sick ass boss ass asrock p67 extreme4 gen3 motherboard? Yeah finally got time to install. Take it out of box. screw into case. Start getting shit in, and planning and whatnot. I take off the plastic cap covering the socket. Pins looked fine. Then I took time to really look at it. I've got bent fucking pins.

I'm not talking LGA 1155 45 degree or whatever slant. I know how to install a god damn CPU.

Bought this thing new, how in the fuck.

Icing on de cake, did some digging, looks like newegg won't even accept this rma, even though I received it like this. I'll fight (call and explain, maybe use webchat too) with them tomorrow[today], but hopefully if worse comes to it I can mail it to asrock and have them replace the board/socket for me for a hopefully decent fee.

I apologize for the language, but i'm just pissed at the fact that this does not look good for me. Would also appreciate any insight on what the hell I should do.

Rough Draft.

Official Procrastinator of THF, 2011 - Present

Always and Forever.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited by Madvillan; 10-30-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Invisible
uber n00b (level 36)
Subtract from Invisible's ReputationAdd to Invisible's Reputation Invisible is on the rise to fame Invisible is on the rise to fame
10-30-2011

Keep bugging the living hell out of NewEgg and ASRock until they send you a brand new one, and maybe even something more. There is no reason for them to just shove you off if their product that you purchased brand new is in DOA condition, to a point where it literally will never work.

TheTurboFD
April 19 CoLiNz DAY!
Subtract from TheTurboFD's ReputationAdd to TheTurboFD's Reputation TheTurboFD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheTurboFD
10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillan View Post
Thought i'd do a quick post before i finally got some sleep this weekend (not).

My fucking sick ass boss ass asrock p67 extreme4 gen3 motherboard? Yeah finally got time to install. Take it out of box. screw into case. Start getting shit in, and planning and whatnot. I take off the plastic cap covering the socket. Pins looked fine. Then I took time to really look at it. I've got bent fucking pins.

I'm not talking LGA 1155 45 degree slant bend. I know how to install a god damn CPU.

Bought this thing new, how in the fuck.

Icing on de cake, did some digging, looks like newegg won't even accept this rma, even though I received it like this. I'll fight (call and explain, maybe use webchat too) with them tomorrow[today], but hopefully if worse comes to it I can mail it to asrock and have them replace the board/socket for me for a hopefully decent fee.

I apologize for the language, but i'm just pissed at the fact that this does not look good for me. Would also appreciate any insight on what the hell I should do.
Use like a bobby pin or something to bend it back

@invisible

Make sure you have an equal amount of cfm going in as you do going out because it can cause hot pockets (no pun there) in your case.
Vitality
like whaaaaat
Subtract from Vitality's ReputationAdd to Vitality's Reputation Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
10-31-2011

good luck contacting asrock support, villain. The reason why I didn't get an asrock support is because their customer support is nonexistant.
Atiemark
Level 26
Subtract from Atiemark's ReputationAdd to Atiemark's Reputation Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Atiemark
10-31-2011

that sucks man, if they don't accept it back you can try bending the pins with a credit card maybe..

Also corsair offered me to rma my 600t because of the fan controller but now im too lazy to remove my components/send it back lol
Xenonlovesyou
Level 11
Subtract from Xenonlovesyou's ReputationAdd to Xenonlovesyou's Reputation Xenonlovesyou is a novice
10-31-2011

Decided I am doing a custom build, with the beautiful NZXT phantom case. Should be uploading pictures, all the way through the process.

AIM: XenonEdits
TheTurboFD
April 19 CoLiNz DAY!
Subtract from TheTurboFD's ReputationAdd to TheTurboFD's Reputation TheTurboFD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheTurboFD
10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenonlovesyou View Post

Decided I am doing a custom build, with the beautiful NZXT phantom case. Should be uploading pictures, all the way through the process.
another phantom user. NZXT has one of the best customer service I have ever witnessed. They sent me all my fans for free as well as the Y splitter for the fans LEDs. With no questions asked as well.