Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
11-10-2008
Default I have a ****ing "Proposition" for you...

How about we eliminate the tax exemption status of any religious organization that pours funds into political campaigns.

If the Mormon church has $20 million burning a hole in their pocket and feels like they should be violating the concept of separation of church and state...I think they can afford a little taxation.

Elmo <3
Tsunami
Level 50
Subtract from Tsunami's ReputationAdd to Tsunami's Reputation Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Tsunami
11-10-2008

I couldn't agree more. The coming alliance between the mormon church and the religious right is clearing the way for Mitt Romney in 2012.
AshTre
Twitch.tv/ReifiedAsh
Subtract from AshTre's ReputationAdd to AshTre's Reputation AshTre is a novice
Send a message via AIM to AshTre
11-10-2008

We can only dream, sir. Such a sensible proposition is hard to imagine in reality since the only way to become a popular politician is to have strong Christian values, and taxing a religion could be considered "immoral."

"Our thoughts, values, every ‘yes,’ ‘no,’ ‘if’ and ‘but’ grow from us with the same inevitability as fruits borne on the tree — all related and each with an affinity to each"

"
Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology."
Apollion
Level 20
Subtract from Apollion's ReputationAdd to Apollion's Reputation Apollion is a novice
11-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon View Post
How about we eliminate the tax exemption status of any religious organization that pours funds into political campaigns.

If the Mormon church has $20 million burning a hole in their pocket and feels like they should be violating the concept of separation of church and state...I think they can afford a little taxation.
Am I missing some big piece of news?

Will never work. Whoever said it would be considered immoral is right on the money. That, and wouldn't it violate the whole separation of church and state? Then again, if religious groups are giving money to political campaigns...hmmm....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a law out there stating that if a church endorses a political campaign, they lose their tax exemption?
"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today Is Christians
who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
DC Talk, "What If I Stumble"

MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
11-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollion View Post
Am I missing some big piece of news?

Will never work. Whoever said it would be considered immoral is right on the money. That, and wouldn't it violate the whole separation of church and state? Then again, if religious groups are giving money to political campaigns...hmmm....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a law out there stating that if a church endorses a political campaign, they lose their tax exemption?
No shit.

One of the largest land owners world wide, is the Catholic Church.

Screw all of them. That is a huge tax base we are missing out on. I pay taxes, why shouldn't religous organizations?

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
11-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsUnAmI View Post
I couldn't agree more. The coming alliance between the mormon church and the religious right is clearing the way for Mitt Romney in 2012.
Uh what? An alliance of the religious right and the Mormon church? Peace in the middle east is likelier.
Tsunami
Level 50
Subtract from Tsunami's ReputationAdd to Tsunami's Reputation Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana
11-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1cK_ View Post
Uh what? An alliance of the religious right and the Mormon church? Peace in the middle east is likelier.
we'll see in 3 years or less if my half brained crackpot theory is correct.
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
11-10-2008

Well regardless of religious alliances, Mitt Romney will never be the Republican nominee. I guarantee it.
Tsunami
Level 50
11-10-2008

You may be right, hopefully we are both around in 4 years so I can quote you. Newt is the front runner at the moment correct.
Apollion
Level 20
Subtract from Apollion's ReputationAdd to Apollion's Reputation Apollion is a novice
11-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
No sh.t.

One of the largest land owners world wide, is the Catholic Church.

Screw all of them. That is a huge tax base we are missing out on. I pay taxes, why shouldn't religous organizations?
I think it all just comes down to the separation of church and state. If gov't taxed the Catholic Church, that separation would cease to exist.

Otherwise, I agree completely. Churches own a LOT of land in the U.S., to say nothing of the countless $$ it brings in. Undoubtedly more then a LOT of corporations.
"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today Is Christians
who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
DC Talk, "What If I Stumble"