Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
08-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindscribble View Post
Maybe to someone who lives in Kentucky. Come and try living in Southern California for a few months. You know NOTHING about the way of life out here. Yes, it was a generalization, however it was not hasty and as generalizations go, it is about as accurate as any generalization can be.
I live in southern Texas. It's not an accurate generalization. They don't refuse, and many of them at least try. I've never been given an attitude for not knowing Spanish.
Spoiler!
CitizenZenSin
Level 28
Subtract from CitizenZenSin's ReputationAdd to CitizenZenSin's Reputation CitizenZenSin is a novice
08-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Ah, that's what ownage looks like. I always wondered!
Dude you certainly have owned your fair share. Don't be modest.

I got featured on Insider Moves on Inside Xbox this week
Revlett
Level 17
Subtract from Revlett's ReputationAdd to Revlett's Reputation Revlett is a novice
08-23-2008

Quote:
Maybe to someone who lives in Kentucky. Come and try living in Southern California for a few months. You know NOTHING about the way of life out here. Yes, it was a generalization, however it was not hasty and as generalizations go, it is about as accurate as any generalization can be.
Appeal to ridicule.
Mindscribble
Level 12
Subtract from Mindscribble's ReputationAdd to Mindscribble's Reputation Mindscribble is a novice
08-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
I live in southern Texas. It's not an accurate generalization. They don't refuse, and many of them at least try. I've never been given an attitude for not knowing Spanish.
If you live in Beaumont, you live 300 miles further from the border than I do. No offense, but I highly doubt you're dealing with the same kind of population of Mexicans than I am.

I wrote out a really long reply here, but I decided it was sort of pointless because I'd be having a conversation with people who live 7 hrs drive or more from the border. And while that seems silly for me to say, there is a reason why the further north you get, the less illegals there are, and the further spread out they are.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlett View Post
Appeal to ridicule.
You're joking, right? I've been to Kentucky. The Mexican population is miniscule compared to Southern Cal. I don't understand how you could even try to make an argument. Do you know nothing about Mexican Immigration into America?

Last edited by Mindscribble; 08-23-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Revlett
Level 17
Subtract from Revlett's ReputationAdd to Revlett's Reputation Revlett is a novice
08-23-2008

Quote:
If you live in Beaumont, you live 300 miles further from the border than I do. No offense, but I highly doubt you're dealing with the same kind of population of Mexicans than I am.

I wrote out a really long reply here, but I decided it was sort of pointless because I'd be having a conversation with people who live 7 hrs drive or more from the border. And while that seems silly for me to say, there is a reason why the further north you get, the less illegals there are, and the further spread out they are.
Actually, there's a lot of "illegals" around here, but they only receive said illegal status because our government says so.
Revlett
Level 17
08-23-2008

Quote:
You're joking, right? I've been to Kentucky. The Mexican population is miniscule compared to Southern Cal. I don't understand how you could even try to make an argument. Do you know nothing about Mexican Immigration into America?
I'm just pointing out your obvious fallacious arguments.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
08-23-2008

Quote:
Ever been to Houston? Lived there? I did for a while.
Spoiler!
Mindscribble
Level 12
Subtract from Mindscribble's ReputationAdd to Mindscribble's Reputation Mindscribble is a novice
08-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlett View Post
I'm just pointing out your obvious fallacious arguments.
Right, by making zero valid arguments. How many years did you spend in debate? At least Davo had personal experience in a semi-logical region of the US to back up his statement.

I have life experience to support mine.

You have... what? Magic? Your life in Kentucky, you've magically experienced a larger number of the Mexican population than I have? Are you mexican? Does your family all live in Mexico? Did you fly out and spend a week with your best friend in LA who is Mexican? Do you work in a call center for Telemundo, speaking English to Mexicans all day?
Revlett
Level 17
08-23-2008

Quote:
Right, by making zero valid arguments. How many years did you spend in debate? At least Davo had personal experience in a semi-logical region of the US to back up his statement.

I have life experience to support mine.

You have... what? Magic? Your life in Kentucky, you've magically experienced a larger number of the Mexican population than I have? Are you mexican? Does your family all live in Mexico? Did you fly out and spend a week with your best friend in LA who is Mexican? Do you work in a call center for Telemundo, speaking English to Mexicans all day?
... and you have made valid arguments? Presenting fallacies as arguments is not making a valid point.
Mindscribble
Level 12
08-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Ever been to Houston? Lived there? I did for a while.
I stayed in Houston for a week with a friend from High School who had moved there, on my way to my new life in La, but I wouldn't presume to say that that would give me any real experience in Houston.

However, that doesn't refute the fact that 440+ miles from the Border would logically have less Mexican Population than 130+. I live in a place that is commonly known as being a PART of Mexico. Come now.