Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Nuh uh, no way he's real 84 47.46%
Maybe, i can see where he can reasonably exist 32 18.08%
Yes, i believe God exists 61 34.46%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Admiral Twitchy
Level 39
Subtract from Admiral Twitchy's ReputationAdd to Admiral Twitchy's Reputation Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana
07-28-2010

Probably going to sound stupid, but you tell a child something is real, they're going to believe it. I know there are other factors, but I think that's a pretty big one. Would it hurt to wait until they can think for themselves to see if they still believe or not?

"And as the pain set in, so did the realization; you were never coming home."
"There's an elephant in the back of the room and he's standing in plain view. Everyone can see, that it looks just like me."
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Twitchy View Post
Probably going to sound stupid, but you tell a child something is real, they're going to believe it. I know there are other factors, but I think that's a pretty big one. Would it hurt to wait until they can think for themselves to see if they still believe or not?
when they grow up and realize that they are the only 20 year old receiving presents on dec 25th that a fat guy from the north pole brought them, they might start questioning their beliefs.
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutModem View Post
when they grow up and realize that they are the only 20 year old receiving presents on dec 25th that a fat guy from the north pole brought them, they might start questioning their beliefs.
I'd LOL if a father didn't buy his kids anything for Christmas because he thought santa would do it and when that day came they found nothing.

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
Twoson
Add for MLG H2MC - H3MC
Subtract from Twoson's ReputationAdd to Twoson's Reputation Twoson is legendary Twoson is legendary Twoson is legendary
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
I'd LOL if a father didn't buy his kids anything for Christmas because he thought santa would do it and when that day came they found nothing.

lol * facepalm*

TWOSON
I am Rishloo
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from I am Rishloo's ReputationAdd to I am Rishloo's Reputation I am Rishloo is a novice
09-30-2010

I'm surprised at the amount of non-believers that were on the poll. If I could have voted, no way would have been my choice.
Cynic
Bored Stiff
Subtract from Cynic's ReputationAdd to Cynic's Reputation Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000
09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Rishloo View Post
I'm surprised at the amount of non-believers that were on the poll. If I could have voted, no way would have been my choice.
Dude, I love Rishloo.

freak
#1 butt eater™
Subtract from freak's ReputationAdd to freak's Reputation freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000
09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Rishloo View Post
yeah it's crazy when people use logic
Rhis
Gucci Bacchae
Subtract from Rhis's ReputationAdd to Rhis's Reputation Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000
09-30-2010

The most religious people also happen to be the most uneducated.

Regards,
Muffin Mouth
<3
Subtract from Muffin Mouth's ReputationAdd to Muffin Mouth's Reputation Muffin Mouth is on the rise to fame Muffin Mouth is on the rise to fame
09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by x rhis x View Post
The most religious people also happen to be the most uneducated.
Yeah I was watching The Last Word the other night and Atheists know more about the Bible than Catholics. (According to their survey.)

It gives all the more truth to the saying "The fastest way to become and Atheist is to read the Bible."

The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
09-30-2010

The general belief in a higher power, with no connections to any organized belief system, is not worth talking about if it doesn't make any falsifiable claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mike View Post
please, prove/disprove gods existence, go ahead

it is impossible to do either
JustMarioBros might not be able to do it himself, but if multiple, unambiguous prophecies exclusive to one religion were fulfilled, you could conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that it's true.

That works both ways, though. Christianity, for example, can be treated like a scientific hypothesis. If it's true as described in the Bible, then there should be a lot of evidence in its favor. However, all of the evidence that you would expect to find is missing, which leads to the inevitable conclusion that Christianity is, beyond a reasonable doubt, false.

If you want to get pedantic, then sure, you can't prove or disprove the existence of God like you could a mathematical theorem. Then again, following that line of thinking, you can't prove or disprove the existence of anything outside your own mind. It's self-defeating, and really, nobody believes that shіt anyway. A genuine nihilist would stay in one spot without ever moving and eventually die of dehydration.