Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Nuh uh, no way he's real 84 47.46%
Maybe, i can see where he can reasonably exist 32 18.08%
Yes, i believe God exists 61 34.46%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#301
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Soo Dopee View Post
I already knew it was going to happen. The Word speaks for itself. Explain your definition of hypocrite, sir. Everything your saying can all be turned back to those gods. Because all the proof of my God is in 1 book? You've just been consumed by the world. My work is done here.
You still fail to explain how other religions before yours existed have the same story and you still fail to explain how there could possibly be other religions that contradict yours AND you still fail to explain which god is the one and only god and why.

Also, hypocrite because you tell others why they don't believe and go on explaining how they don't give themselves the chance to believe in god when in fact, you have never allowed your self to think outside of a book in fear that you might question your god and therefore you may go to hell (correct me if I'm wrong, sir).
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
#302
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
You still fail to explain how other religions before yours existed have the same story and you still fail to explain how there could possibly be other religions that contradict yours AND you still fail to explain which god is the one and only god and why.

Also, hypocrite because you tell others why they don't believe and go on explaining how they don't give themselves the chance to believe in god when in fact, you have never allowed your self to think outside of a book in fear that you might question your god and therefore you may go to hell (correct me if I'm wrong, sir).
I understand your point of view about this. That's why I don't want to force it upon you.The answers to your questions are:

You don't know when Christianity started so you don't know if those other religions came before mines.
And there are different religions out there, I understand that. I know there are different religions that speak against from what I say. But where do they get their stories from? Did religion first start with the Bible?
And forgive me for explaining why. My mistake. I came to teach.
And you actually have to put it all together to make it true. I don't know if I will go to hell or not by questioning Him. I just choose not to. Your right, I do fear Him. Because from what I learned, He can put us to death.
You might not believe it. That's why I'm not forcing it.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#303
06-03-2010
Default

The point here is that it doesn't matter whose came first, whose came last, what book was written before the other, I just don't understand how there could be multiple contradicting religions and gods. Nowhere in your bible does it speak of any other god that exists, so that must mean that their god does not exist since it's not in your book, right? What if they say that your god does not exist since their story never mentions anything about jesus or your god? If one god created everything, shouldn't there be only one religion believing the same story since there could be no other way for everything to have happened?

Your arguments are so weak and answer very little on why you believe in your god. You've made comments like "look they don't even capitalize their "g" in "god"... you can't be serious lol. And now "where do they get their story from?" lol seriously? Just like you said, everything you say can be turned back to you and your religion/god. Your god is no more true/real than any other god.

"I don't know if I will go to hell or not by questioning Him. I just choose not to. Your right, I do fear Him. Because from what I learned, He can put us to death. "

god works in mysterious ways, doesn't he? lol Puts fear in your mind so you never go against him. If you so happen to think freely for once he will take your life. What a great guy.
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
#304
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
The point here is that it doesn't matter whose came first, whose came last, what book was written before the other, I just don't understand how there could be multiple contradicting religions and gods. Nowhere in your bible does it speak of any other god that exists, so that must mean that their god does not exist since it's not in your book, right? What if they say that your god does not exist since their story never mentions anything about jesus or your god? If one god created everything, shouldn't there be only one religion believing the same story since there could be no other way for everything to have happened?

Your arguments are so weak and answer very little on why you believe in your god. You've made comments like "look they don't even capitalize their "g" in "god"... you can't be serious lol. And now "where do they get their story from?" lol seriously? Just like you said, everything you say can be turned back to you and your religion/god. Your god is no more true/real than any other god.

"I don't know if I will go to hell or not by questioning Him. I just choose not to. Your right, I do fear Him. Because from what I learned, He can put us to death. "

god works in mysterious ways, doesn't he? lol Puts fear in your mind so you never go against him. If you so happen to think freely for once he will take your life. What a great guy.
My God lets things happen for His reasons. So you tell me there isn't a big difference from a lowercase g and a capitalized G? Your arguements are no greater than mines. And That's when your wrong. Who said He will take your life away because you start thinking of the world? You know nothing about my God. Thats why your ignorant. Just your saying "I can't talk against those gods" you can't say anything about my God, sir. and why are you talking if you don't believe in a god, anyway?

This all based of my faith in Him. Speak against it all you want.

Such a person has to accept God and Christ on the basis of faith realizing that faith comes from hearing and hearing comes because someone is sent...

Last edited by Im Soo Dopee; 06-03-2010 at 07:07 AM.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#305
06-03-2010
Default

f.ck off, I really think I just got trolled hard. I'm done with this convo because you always disregard the important questions and answer back with bland excuses like "he does things his way, he makes his own choices for a reason blah blah".

If you EVER decide to actually prove something or show why your religion/god is the right one or only one, then go ahead and answer all my previous questions. You have ignored all of my points/questions that matter.
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
#306
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
f.ck off, I really think I just got trolled hard. I'm done with this convo because you always disregard the important questions and answer back with bland excuses like "he does things his way, he makes his own choices for a reason blah blah".

If you EVER decide to actually prove something or show why your religion/god is the right one or only one, then go ahead and answer all my previous questions. You have ignored all of my points/questions that matter.
Lol. What questions did I disregard, sir?
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#307
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Does that not mean anything to you? To now know there have been many gods in the past with the same story as yours? Is yours the correct one? lol. I your god the one that created everything? or was their god the one that created everything since they came before your god?
Quote:
The point here is that it doesn't matter whose came first, whose came last, what book was written before the other, I just don't understand how there could be multiple contradicting religions and gods. Nowhere in your bible does it speak of any other god that exists, so that must mean that their god does not exist since it's not in your book, right? What if they say that your god does not exist since their story never mentions anything about jesus or your god? If one god created everything, shouldn't there be only one religion believing the same story since there could be no other way for everything to have happened?
Quote:
You still fail to explain how other religions before yours existed have the same story and you still fail to explain how there could possibly be other religions that contradict yours AND you still fail to explain which god is the one and only god and why.
Yeah, you know, those questions you answer with

Quote:
My God lets things happen for His reasons. So you tell me there isn't a big difference from a lowercase g and a capitalized G?
Quote:
You don't know when Christianity started so you don't know if those other religions came before mines.
Quote:
I know there are different religions that speak against from what I say. But where do they get their stories from?
Quote:
The Word speaks for itself.
Which are totally legitimate answers to all those questions and provide your reasoning for your beliefs. You are literally ignoring everything I ask because I know for a fact you only believe what you believe because it is written in a book, not because that's what you came to believe on your own. You were most likely raised in a religious home (like myself) and had the religion forced upon you (in good faith of course) and therefore you know nothing other than what a book tells you. Call me ignorant but I've been in your shoes before and I know what it is to be so f.cking narrow minded. It i until you step out of your religious bubble that you will acknowledge anything I say to you. You, sir, are the ignorant one because you choose to be.

Seriously now, I don't feel like carrying on this convo.
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
#308
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
Yeah, you know, those questions you answer with









Which are totally legitimate answers to all those questions and provide your reasoning for your beliefs. You are literally ignoring everything I ask because I know for a fact you only believe what you believe because it is written in a book, not because that's what you came to believe on your own. You were most likely raised in a religious home (like myself) and had the religion forced upon you (in good faith of course) and therefore you know nothing other than what a book tells you. Call me ignorant but I've been in your shoes before and I know what it is to be so f.cking narrow minded. It i until you step out of your religious bubble that you will acknowledge anything I say to you. You, sir, are the ignorant one because you choose to be.

Seriously now, I don't feel like carrying on this convo.
It's not because it's in a book. has nothing to do with "it being in a book". I accepted it because I have faith in it. You can say I'm ignorant for not thinking of the world or stepping out of my "religious bubble". But I won't. Thinking outside of the "religious bubble" can take you away from it. Happens to alot of people. The world is deceiving, is it not? But I can't do anything to get you back into that bubble, right? Atleast you understand where I'm coming from, right? I still respect you though.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#309
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Does that not mean anything to you? To now know there have been many gods in the past with the same story as yours? Is yours the correct one? lol. I your god the one that created everything? or was their god the one that created everything since they came before your god?
Quote:
The point here is that it doesn't matter whose came first, whose came last, what book was written before the other, I just don't understand how there could be multiple contradicting religions and gods. Nowhere in your bible does it speak of any other god that exists, so that must mean that their god does not exist since it's not in your book, right? What if they say that your god does not exist since their story never mentions anything about jesus or your god? If one god created everything, shouldn't there be only one religion believing the same story since there could be no other way for everything to have happened?
Quote:
You still fail to explain how other religions before yours existed have the same story and you still fail to explain how there could possibly be other religions that contradict yours AND you still fail to explain which god is the one and only god and why.
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
#310
06-03-2010
Default

I know, in fact, there are different stories. There isn't no point of me answering these questions all your going to do is speak against everything I say. No point in trying. You already proved me to that you ran away from the Word. And you believe that you don't need it, am I right?
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off