Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Nuh uh, no way he's real 84 47.46%
Maybe, i can see where he can reasonably exist 32 18.08%
Yes, i believe God exists 61 34.46%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
Oh right, disregard absolutely everything. You're right, it's all BS since he was born on different date.

Posting it on new page now, waiting for a legitimate explanation from a true believer.

Horus - Egypt 3000 BC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus
*Born Dec. 25th
*Born of a virgin
*Adorned by 3 kings
*Teacher at 12
*Baptized at 30
*12 disciples
*Performed miracles
*Crucified
*Dead for 3 days
*Resurrected

Attis - Greece 1200 BC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attis
*Born Dec. 25th
*Born of a virgin
*Crucified
*Dead for 3 days
*Resurrected

Krishna - India 900 BC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna
*Born of a virgin
*Performed miracles
*Resurrected after death

Dionysus - Greece 500 BC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus
*Born of a virgin
*Born dec 25th
*Performed miracles/turned water to wine
*"King of Kings" "Alpha and Omega"
*Upon death was resurrected

Mithra - Persia 1200 BC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraic_Mysteries
*Born Dec. 25th
*Born of a virgin
*12 disciples
*Performed miracles
*Dead for 3 days
*Resurrected

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa3.htm

http://www.truthbeknown.com/origins.htm

http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...n/lecture.html

Oh poop.
There aren't any dates in the Bible (that I have). You can't prove yourself either. Notice they don't capitalize "g" in god, sir.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
06-02-2010

I admit, you trolled me earlier but now it's just too obvious. That post is meant for other real believers. I'm not focusing on you anymore.
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
I like how you strawmanned what I had to say. Do you understand the concept of energy? There is kinetic energy and potential energy. When you're holding a ball five feet above the ground, it has the potential to be converted into kinetic energy, and when you drop it, it is converted to kinetic energy. That's the simple bit. Atoms have energy locked up inside them, in the form of gluons (and other things). This is what's known as positive energy. There are many other forms of positive energy, and there are also forms of negative energy. When you quantify all the + and - forms of energy, you end up with zero. They all cancel each other out.

Look up virtual particles for the absolute simplest examples of things forming spontaneously, from nothing. Everything is just borrowed energy, so to speak, that must be paid back at the end of the universe (be that a big crunch or a big rip).
What was energy created from?
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
06-02-2010

Quote:
I admit, you trolled me earlier but now it's just too obvious. That post is meant for other real believers. I'm not focusing on you anymore.
But you can't prove me wrong from all that research you did. Are you saying I'm not a real believer?
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Soo Dopee View Post
What was energy created from?
This is important, because I already explained it - do you understand the concept of the conservation of energy, and the concept of energy (positive and negative) in general? Explain what you think the conservation of energy is. Explain what you think energy is. Once you do, I'll go from there. We need to know what the other is talking about before we can have an actual discussion about this.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Soo Dopee View Post
But you can't prove me wrong from all that research you did. Are you saying I'm not a real believer?
Trolls gonna troll.

Nothing to be proven wrong here. It's a fact that there have been many deities with almost the exact same principals/story before and you choose to ignore it. Does that not mean anything to you? To now know there have been many gods in the past with the same story as yours? Is yours the correct one? lol. I your god the one that created everything? or was their god the one that created everything since they came before your god?

This is something you have ignored me about for a while. Don't say I can't disprove you when you don't even attempt to defend your argument/beliefs. Well, that is if you actually are serious about all this shit.

Stop wasting everyone's time.
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
This is important, because I already explained it - do you understand the concept of the conservation of energy, and the concept of energy (positive and negative) in general? Explain what you think the conservation of energy is. Explain what you think energy is. Once you do, I'll go from there. We need to know what the other is talking about before we can have an actual discussion about this.
Energy can't be created or destroyed. Only transferred. Energy can be created only when the applied force is the inherent property of the source.
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
06-02-2010

Quote:
Trolls gonna troll.

Nothing to be proven wrong here. It's a fact that there have been many deities with almost the exact same principals/story before and you choose to ignore it. Does that not mean anything to you? To now know there have been many gods in the past with the same story as yours? Is yours the correct one? lol. I your god the one that created everything? or was their god the one that created everything since they came before your god?

This is something you have ignored me about for a while. Don't say I can't disprove you when you don't even attempt to defend your argument/beliefs. Well, that is if you actually are serious about all this sh.t.

Stop wasting everyone's time.
I don't back myself up because i don't use science? Jesus is different from each one of those so-called gods. So, you believe in Greek gods? If you don't like what i am saying, don't post.
Cynic
Bored Stiff
Subtract from Cynic's ReputationAdd to Cynic's Reputation Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000
06-02-2010

Do you happen to attend Westboro Baptist Church?

JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
06-02-2010

lol...............

I never even mentioned one thing about science on my last post. They are ALL different from each other besides the main similarities which just so happens to be way too obvious to ignore. There is no way these are coincidental. You sill haven't answered my main questions either, which does not take science to answer.

Does that not mean anything to you? To now know there have been many gods in the past with the same story as yours? Is yours the correct one? lol. I your god the one that created everything? or was their god the one that created everything since they came before your god?

I don't believe in any god. If you actually took more than 5 seconds to read through you would see there are gods from several other places listed.