Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Nuh uh, no way he's real 84 47.46%
Maybe, i can see where he can reasonably exist 32 18.08%
Yes, i believe God exists 61 34.46%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
06-01-2010

I'm so dope

Just tell us specifically what you believe and (more importantly) why you believe it.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
06-01-2010

k now i'm out for real. bye.
Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
06-02-2010

so much beard-cum
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
06-02-2010

I believe God exists. I believe Jesus died on the cross for us. I believe Jesus was ressurected. I believe this because the Bible is the Truth. I grew up learing about Him. God wouldn't have put the Bible in front on me if He didn't want me to learn abouit Him.
Scott
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Scott's ReputationAdd to Scott's Reputation Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to Scott
06-02-2010

Your English teacher wouldn't have put a dictionary in front of you if He didn't want you to learn how to spell. Look how that turned out!

Last edited by Scott; 06-02-2010 at 05:25 AM.
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
06-02-2010

The idea that beliefs are okay, no matter what, is assinine. You don't act on what you believe, you act on what you know.

Why can't I hold a belief that dead spirits of my ancestors keep me company after they pass on? Because it negatively informs reality.

It's a belief of fiction; it's why we have free artistic or fantastic expression. Actualizing this in the form of reality baffles me.

Holding beliefs to the same standard as anything else is absolutely laughing at the face of every reasonm we a society have rewarded the reasonable and sane.

The ones' that state they "know" anything about a seemingly unknowable topic have just cowardly switched the entry argument to skip over exactly the above, giving one a much harder time at resolution.

Regardless, why anyone, still to this day and time is ass-backwards toward beliefs and reasoning is anyone's guess.

Last edited by McDevy; 06-02-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Soo Dopee View Post
I believe this because the Bible is the Truth.
Other than the Bible being in front of you (probably the lamest reason for believing I've ever heard), why do you believe the Bible is "Truth"?
Cynic
Bored Stiff
Subtract from Cynic's ReputationAdd to Cynic's Reputation Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000
06-02-2010

Quote:
I believe God exists. I believe Jesus died on the cross for us. I believe Jesus was ressurected. I believe this because the Bible is the Truth. I grew up learing about Him. God wouldn't have put the Bible in front on me if He didn't want me to learn abouit Him.
Why is the Bible the Truth?

Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
Other than the Bible being in front of you (probably the lamest reason for believing I've ever heard), why do you believe the Bible is "Truth"?
God doesn't lie. God is the Truth. So His Word has to be the Truth. and actually about the Bible being placed in front on me, has anyone ever talked to you about God?
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
06-02-2010

Quote:
God doesn't lie. God is the Truth. So His Word has to be the Truth. and actually about the Bible being placed in front on me, has anyone ever talked to you about God?
Stop muttering to yourself, how anyone can give such contrived answers and expect to be taken seriously is hilarious.