Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
xX StrykeR
Level 21
Subtract from xX StrykeR's ReputationAdd to xX StrykeR's Reputation xX StrykeR is a novice
09-17-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheehwawa View Post
The reason for no (Abrahamic) God =/= Ignorant kid
The reason for no (Abrahamic) God = Big Bang
Wow you're right. That's indesputable proof right there. Close all the churches, burn all the bibles, we finally have the answer. Can I have a couple bucks when you get rich from proving something that no one else was able to do?
XxVENOMxX
Level 18
Subtract from XxVENOMxX's ReputationAdd to XxVENOMxX's Reputation XxVENOMxX is a novice
09-18-2008

How old is this kid???
Cheehwawa
Level 14
Subtract from Cheehwawa's ReputationAdd to Cheehwawa's Reputation Cheehwawa is a novice
09-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX StrykeR View Post
Wow you're right. That's indesputable proof right there. Close all the churches, burn all the bibles, we finally have the answer. Can I have a couple bucks when you get rich from proving something that no one else was able to do?
It is. The Bible is either taken literally or figuratively. If you take it literally, the Big Bang theory proves it wrong outright (well, carbon dating does as well)

If you take the Bible figuratively (as people have converted to doing in recent times as humanity has gained more scientific knowledge, they modeled their "faith" around the evolving society... I wonder how God would feel about those dissenting from his "word") then you can say that you dont know how many days a "God day" would be, God started the Big Bang and everything after that.

But the Big Bang happened about 14 billion years ago, meaning that each "Figurative God Day" would need to be roughly 2 billion years old, right? Humanity wasnt around 2 billion years ago (God made everything before the 7th day)

Did you also know that Chimps have one extra pair of chromosomes than humans do? You can look at the human genetic code and see that one extra chromosome fused to the last human chromosome (meaning evolvution = fact, or God created humans with a microscopic trait that would suggest evolution to "test our faith" even though we HAVE NO FREE WILL)

But really, one with an open mind need look no further than the Bible to disprove (or at least call into question) its authenticity.
Quote:
From Genesis....
  • Gen 1:25-27 First plants are created, followed by animals, then man and woman. Gen 2:18-22 Adam is created, followed by animals, and then Eve.
  • Gen 2:17 God says to Adam, "for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen 5:5 Adam lives several hundreds of years after eating the fruit.
  • Gen 4:14-16 After killing Abel, Cain is worried that anybody who finds him will kill him, and then leaves to father many children, implying that there were many people to be afraid of, and that there were women to bear his children, and his sons' children. A literal interpretation would imply that the only humans alive were himself, Adam, and Eve. His next sibling is not born until later in the story (verse 25).
  • Gen 7:7-10 Noah entered the ark seven days before the flood began. Gen 7:11-13 Noah entered the ark on the same day that the flood began.
  • Gen 7:8, 9, 15 Noah brought two of every clean and unclean animal. Gen 7:2 Noah brought seven of every clean animal (or seven pairs, depending on translation).
  • Gen 8:4 The ark floated for about seven months. Gen 8:5 The ark floated for at least ten months.
  • Gen 10:5 Before the Tower of Babel, the land was divided according to tongues. Gen 11:1 Before the Tower of Babel, the whole earth was of one language.
  • Gen 21:31 Beersheba was named by Abraham. Gen 26:33 Beersheba was named by Isaac.
In addition, there are elements of the Genesis story which are in apparent contradiction with other parts of the Bible:
  • Gen 1:16-19 The stars were created after the earth. Job 38:4-7 The earth was created after the stars.
  • Gen 5:3-18 Enoch was the sixth generation from Adam. Jude 14 Enoch was the seventh generation from Adam.
  • Gen 5:24 Enoch did not die, but was taken away by God. John 3:13 "No man hath ascended up to heaven."
  • Acts 7:2-4, Gen 11:26,32 Abraham was 135 when he left Haran. Gen 12:4 Abraham was 75 when he left Haran.
GAMERTAG: Cheehwawa
Add me for customs. I play all kinds, from MLG to Tremors to Infection.

Fileshare: Linkage
Check out and rate my files, please!

Publik Uprising
Level 25
Subtract from Publik Uprising's ReputationAdd to Publik Uprising's Reputation Publik Uprising is a novice
09-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheehwawa View Post

If you take the Bible figuratively

The interesting question regarding that is what criteria do you use to decide what parts are figurative and what parts are literal?

Can it really be called "the word of God," then?
I bloodypingu I
Lurker At The Threshold
Subtract from I bloodypingu I's ReputationAdd to I bloodypingu I's Reputation I bloodypingu I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I bloodypingu I
09-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ibanez 24 View Post
Originally, I typed out a long piece of text to state my opinion. After reconsideration, I'll shorten it so someone will actually read it:

If you take either side in that debate, you're typical and stupid.

Neither side can be proven right or wrong 100%, therefore it's a useless debate. Morals play a large roll in that debate, and I would not want to destroy the morals and values of all society, despite whichever side would be proven.

I don't deny the possibility of a higher power and greater being, but I do deny the fact that being would have given us this much information to form an organized religion to prepare us for a second coming and inevitable end of the world scenario.

Plain and simple, I think that if there is a God, you don't know it until you die, because all information given to us is false and myth. Either way, you're wasting your time debating because it doesn't matter which way you look at it, the basic purpose of life is to live, learn, and enjoy. You're wasting your time getting caught up in heated debates about how we got here or where we'll go when we die. Find out then, just simply learn to accept your own mortality.

I really can't understand why people have such a hard time shutting the f..k up and just being happy that they're alive.
Maybe you can be the first person to do so.

"Music to me, might not be music to most"
-Buckethead

General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
09-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bloodypingu I View Post
Maybe you can be the first person to do so.
Wow you asshat, I spat coffee on my computer screen when I read that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
Inconceivable
Level 11
Subtract from Inconceivable's ReputationAdd to Inconceivable's Reputation Inconceivable is a novice
09-29-2008

She had a mole on her chin.

Damn retard.
Completely Inconceivable.
Acheron
Level 14
Subtract from Acheron's ReputationAdd to Acheron's Reputation Acheron is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Acheron
10-02-2008

All I could take was 2 minutes of that video, she was a child so I'll cut her some slack. About the Heavenly streets being paved with gold, does that silly God not know that there are more valuable metals now? Sorry, but I'm not staying in some 2nd rate Heaven that won't spring for some Platinum paved streets.

I'm not down with any God that would banish me to Hell, even though I live a good and moral life, just because I lack faith that a divine being exists.

Religion is just propaganda that was told to keep people in line back in the day either by fear or by using the good ol' "stick and carrot" routine and those people passed the BS to their kids etc. Eventually religion will go the way of the dinosaur, all I can hope for is that that day of enlightenment comes sooner than later.

EDIT: ^^George Carlin had a really good bit about what I said in the first sentence of that last paragraph.

'I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.'

'I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.'

'I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.'

Last edited by Acheron; 10-02-2008 at 03:05 AM.
I bloodypingu I
Lurker At The Threshold
Subtract from I bloodypingu I's ReputationAdd to I bloodypingu I's Reputation I bloodypingu I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I bloodypingu I
10-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI View Post
Wow you asshat, I spat coffee on my computer screen when I read that.
You're welcome

"Music to me, might not be music to most"
-Buckethead

HAble
Praying for tidal waves..
Subtract from HAble's ReputationAdd to HAble's Reputation HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to HAble
10-02-2008

The gap between her ears must be as big as the gap between her teeth.

Xyox is gay