Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum
View Poll Results: Opinion of Pornography in society
Harmful 26 23.21%
Not Harmful 86 76.79%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
General AI
Eats Small Children
General AI's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Oh crap, I'm lost!
Posts: 3,022
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
#121
03-09-2009
Default

This is stupid, you're basically saying that it degrades woman because you would feel degraded; but that doesn't make it degrading in general. These people are actors, what don't you get about that?


And the serial killer point was dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#122
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
You mean the obvious simple fact that there is pornography made by women, for women, to empower women. I must have missed that one entirely. Oh wait a minute, wasn't that me who brought that up?
I apologize if your naive enough to believe that idiocy. This one is so obvious though, that again, I really do not want to waste time in explaining it...
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#123
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
I apologize if your naive enough to believe that idiocy. This one is so obvious though, that again, I really do not want to waste time in explaining it...
So any evidence that contradicts your claim is disregarded out right. It's not surprising, to be honest.
Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#124
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI View Post
This is stupid, you're basically saying that it degrades woman because you would feel degraded; but that doesn't make it degrading in general. These people are actors, what don't you get about that?


And the serial killer point was dumb.
No, I am saying it degrades women because it degrades women. I do get that they are actors, just because they are actors, does not mean they are not being degraded. What do you not get about that?

Serial killer was perfect, you just cannot swallow it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
So any evidence that contradicts your claim is disregarded out right. It's not surprising, to be honest.
You can get all the evidence you want, I am still going to be intelligent and not believe it. If everyone in the world said porn was not degrading, I would not believe them still.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#125
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
You can get all the evidence you want, I am still going to be intelligent and not believe it. If everyone in the world said porn was not degrading, I would not believe them still.
There we have it folks, the man cares not about evidence. That explains a lot. Though there might be an example, I do not think that ignoring the evidence is ever an intelligent thing to do. Do you believe in Germ Theory?
General AI
Eats Small Children
General AI's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Oh crap, I'm lost!
Posts: 3,022
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
#126
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
No, I am saying it degrades women because it degrades women. I do get that they are actors, just because they are actors, does not mean they are not being degraded. What do you not get about that?

Serial killer was perfect, you just cannot swallow it.




You can get all the evidence you want, I am still going to be intelligent and not believe it. If everyone in the world said porn was not degrading, I would not believe them still.
Well then you're wrong because you're wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
The Big Lahey
Couple
The Big Lahey's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,498
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
#127
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
What is it with you and not accepting obvious simple facts?
ThE ImPuLsE
Level 15
ThE ImPuLsE's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 275
Subtract from ThE ImPuLsE's ReputationAdd to ThE ImPuLsE's Reputation ThE ImPuLsE is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ThE ImPuLsE
#128
03-09-2009
Default

You ask this on a site where the majority of people jerk off like 3 times a day...
Anyway in relationships and everything it does more harm than good.
And EVERYONE has look at it at some point so no ones innocent but yeah I have seen marriages torn apart because of it so it not exactly blessing society, IMO.
I'm awful at this game :)

ThE ImPuLsE
Level 15
ThE ImPuLsE's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 275
Subtract from ThE ImPuLsE's ReputationAdd to ThE ImPuLsE's Reputation ThE ImPuLsE is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ThE ImPuLsE
#129
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sih View Post
Your opinion.
Which is why I said "IMO"? lol...
I'm awful at this game :)

ThE ImPuLsE
Level 15
ThE ImPuLsE's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 275
Subtract from ThE ImPuLsE's ReputationAdd to ThE ImPuLsE's Reputation ThE ImPuLsE is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ThE ImPuLsE
#130
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sih View Post
Either it does more bad than good or it doesn't.

It's like saying "It's of my opinion that orange juice doesn't come from oranges."
Its nothing like that.
What you said is a fact, this is not proven either way, but your really telling me that I can't say in my opinion in does more harm than good in relationships?
I'm awful at this game :)

 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off