Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
02-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1cK_ View Post
What are your criticisms of a fair/and or flat tax system? Here my criticisms/observations of the policies and ideas you put forward.

Let's start with capping executive salaries. This seems pretty ambiguous. I will get to that later. Above all, the idea to cap salaries (and have the government determine as such) defies The Constitution, capitalism, and economic freedom. Actually, it defies freedom in general and abdicates power to the government that is unheard of. Consider the words of Thomas Jefferson, in his first inaugural speech:
Total bullshit, and I think you know it. When investors loan money to companies, they ALMOST ALWAYS institute salary caps. I suppose I could go on to debunk the rest of this post, but I've actually had my salary capped by an investor, so I know first hand that it does happen in the real world. To be frank, I don't know how you claim to know so much about real world economics and didn't know a little detail like that. The 'investors' in this case just so happens to be the government. This IS capitalism at work.
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
02-15-2009

I was addressing Deadly Buni's ideas...that were incredibly ambiguous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Buni View Post
Cap executive salaries
That's all he said, and his ideas that followed were just as vague. Cap executive salaries was word-for-word what he proposed. Not "Capping executive pay of any mega bank that has to take federal money" like Tsunami took it to mean, and not investors capping salaries as you took it to mean. He simply just said he wanted to cap executive salaries. Unfortunately he hasn't followed up his initial post with any further explanations or specificity.
xdeerizx
Level 14
Subtract from xdeerizx's ReputationAdd to xdeerizx's Reputation xdeerizx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xdeerizx Send a message via Skype™ to xdeerizx
02-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Over two and a half years ago Obama warned congress about the housing bubble, when every economist on FOX 'news' and conservative talk shows said we were in for good times for years.
Show me. Cause from what I have seen it was exactly the opposite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_...eature=related
I would like to see where Obama warned Congress and even moreso, I would love to see where every economist on FOX 'news' and conservative talk shows said that we were in for good times for years

Quote:
when a large number of people are laid off, they can't buy anything, and it hurts the economy. To stay alive, more companies have to lay off people to save money, and you have even less people buying things, and the trend continues. That is a problem that can't be solved with tax cuts.
When taxes are raised, companies either cut jobs or pass the cost on to the customer. Either way your middle America is screwed right?

Quote:
Obama went directly to the actual factual experts for his proposed plan. Scary thought, I know.
Who, Franklin Raines and Jimmy Johnson lol

Quote:
500,000 lost jobs in January speaks for itself. No fear mongering necessary. Plenty of people are already worried about what's going on.
This type of downturn happens just about every 20 years. Shit happens, people become better or get on welfare. When it is all said and done with, America will be stronger then before.
Don't be shy....Add Me
tWo GuNZz DrEw . . . . GunZz DreW

Juwanna Reeves
n00b (level 8)
Subtract from Juwanna Reeves's ReputationAdd to Juwanna Reeves's Reputation Juwanna Reeves is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Juwanna Reeves
02-24-2009
Default yeah

there fighting over ways to fix it, while the problem gets worse they are more worried about how to fix than actully doing something.
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
02-24-2009

xdeerizx, TooMuchButtHair isn't going to be able to show you where Obama took decisive action to warn his compatriots and the people of the country about the financial collapse. He wrote a letter to some schmuck on a congressional committee several years ago about the housing bubble. Like I said before, the Paul Revere-wannabe types started coming out of the woodwork after the economic tanked.

Deadly Buni, where did you go? I'd like to see a follow up from you on the points you raised, and the rebuttals I gave to those points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwanna Reeves View Post
there fighting over ways to fix it, while the problem gets worse they are more worried about how to fix than actully doing something.
Unfortunately, Congress has been taking steps to "fix" the economy, and the Market keeps heading downward...rapidly. After every major government intervention or action.

Last edited by sl1ck; 02-24-2009 at 04:05 PM.
xdeerizx
Level 14
Subtract from xdeerizx's ReputationAdd to xdeerizx's Reputation xdeerizx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xdeerizx Send a message via Skype™ to xdeerizx
02-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwanna Reeves View Post
Actually, they are fighting to keep their seat. They could give a fuck about the problems of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1cK_
xdeerizx, TooMuchButtHair isn't going to be able to show you where Obama took decisive action to warn his compatriots and the people of the country about the financial collapse. He wrote a letter to some schmuck on a congressional committee several years ago about the housing bubble.
I have looked and I can't find a thing on that.....????? Decisive action, lol, Obama voted 130 times present in his short tenure as a senator.

asdfasdfasdf
Don't be shy....Add Me
tWo GuNZz DrEw . . . . GunZz DreW

Last edited by xdeerizx; 02-25-2009 at 07:57 AM.
sl1ck
Banned
03-21-2009

Let's keep this thread going. Our Congress is out of control. The recent AIG bonus outrage resulted in taxing 90% of AIG executive bonuses. The situation displays the incompetence and hypocrisy of Congress...but more importantly Congress action to tax bonuses they put in the first stimulus package is blatantly unconstitutional. Only Congress could f..k up this many times on such a massive level and then give themselves more and more and more power. They screw up, and the solution they essentially present is to give them more power. They screw up again, and they again need just a little bit more power to fix things. They screw up yet another time, and they need more power. Just a little more power. And so on.

Article I, section 9 of The Constitution provides the limits on Congressional power. Section 9 contains the following rule:
No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Bill of attainder: A bill of attainder is an act of legislature declaring a person or group of persons guilty of some crime and punishing them without benefit of a trial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto

Ex post facto law: An ex post facto law (from the Latin for "after the fact") or retroactive law, is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences of acts committed or the legal status of facts and relationships that existed prior to the enactment of the law.

When the government (Congress in this particular situation) does not operate within the limits set forth by the Constitution, there is nothing limiting its power. If we keep continuing to trample on the Constitution and the limits it places on our legislative branch I honestly fear for the future of the country.
Enervate You
H2F Regular
Subtract from Enervate You's ReputationAdd to Enervate You's Reputation Enervate You is a novice
03-21-2009

WTF is Congress doing? Last month Republicans in Senate tried to block the ability of bailed-out companies to give out bonuses and the Democrats entered language to make bonuses legal under the stimulus bill. Now Democrats in the House are trying to recoup that money and Republicans in the Senate are trying to block the measure.

Do these people even know what the hell they believe in any more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVideo View Post
if it was Steve Jobs then you would probably have to pay HIM a buck to watch the ad.
It would also only be available in encrypted QT format, playable only on any Mac or iPhone.
I respect:
NiceGuy
MarkedAchilles

Froggy618157725
Rebal771
Darth Hulk
Midpoint
Cursed Lemon
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
03-21-2009

Sl1cK_, if the banks fail, what happens to the money in them? Aside from the 100K FDIC insured, would the rest not be recoverable by those who deposited the money? What are the other consequences of letting AIG fail? I do not have answers to either question, and would like to know if you have that information.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
sl1ck
Banned
03-21-2009

I didn't mention anything about bank failures. Nor did I mention anything about AIG failing. My post was about a Congressional power grab and usurpation of the Constitution.