Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
03-09-2009

That was part of it yeah. Okay then.
ll BeAsT ll
Level 28
Subtract from ll BeAsT ll's ReputationAdd to ll BeAsT ll's Reputation ll BeAsT ll is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ll BeAsT ll
03-15-2009

Bad sh.t happens to everyone. Being 'good' doesn't exclude you from life. Or if you wanted to go deep, there is no good or bad its all relative and person perceiving the situation is the one making it bad.
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
03-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll BeAsT ll View Post
Bad sh.t happens to everyone. Being 'good' doesn't exclude you from life. Or if you wanted to go deep, there is no good or bad its all relative and person perceiving the situation is the one making it bad.
So you believe there is no objective morality, correct?
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
03-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
So you believe there is no objective morality, correct?
Morality is what we make of it, is it not? Your religion is based entirely in the realm of moral relativism.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Delay
Level 44
03-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Morality is what we make of it, is it not? Your religion is based entirely in the realm of moral relativism.
I think it is what we make of it to an extent, but deep down I believe we all know wrong from right. If we didn't, there would be chaos.
%BadKid
Level 29
Subtract from %BadKid's ReputationAdd to %BadKid's Reputation %BadKid is a novice
Send a message via MSN to %BadKid
03-16-2009

Quote:
I think it is what we make of it to an extent, but deep down I believe we all know wrong from right. If we didn't, there would be chaos.

'Right' and 'wrong' are both relative, brah.

Last edited by %BadKid; 03-16-2009 at 10:35 AM.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
03-16-2009

Quote:
Even that is relative. It's wrong to kill one in your own group, from the perspective of evolution, because it weakens the survivability of the group, but you have to kill to eat. We en mass today (I assume you eat meat). World War I is the perfect example of acceptable killing for absolutely no gain. You can justify World War II (most of it, though carpet bombing cities is questionable).

I don't know. I can't think of much about morality that isn't relative. It would be an interesting debate, however
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
black lotus
Level 37
Subtract from black lotus's ReputationAdd to black lotus's Reputation black lotus is a novice
Send a message via AIM to black lotus Send a message via MSN to black lotus
03-16-2009

Were you that freshman? Come sit down in my chair...

...so we can talk about it of course.

Delay
Level 44
03-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by %BadKid View Post
'Right' and 'wrong' are both relative, brah.
Care to give any reasoning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Even that is relative. It's wrong to kill one in your own group, from the perspective of evolution, because it weakens the survivability of the group, but you have to kill to eat. We en mass today (I assume you eat meat). World War I is the perfect example of acceptable killing for absolutely no gain. You can justify World War II (most of it, though carpet bombing cities is questionable).

I don't know. I can't think of much about morality that isn't relative. It would be an interesting debate, however
I see nothing wrong with killing animals in order to eat, now if we were to kill humans in order to eat, that is a different story. Just because there are wars and people kill each other, does not make it right.

Obviously there are exceptions for everything, and some cultures/people cross the objective moral value line on occasion, but again, I would argue that although they are doing it, that does not make it right, and also I think they know that they are doing wrong. I think we all know wrong from right, it is innate.

If moral values were not objective, then what would stop you or myself from going and killing or torturing or doing anything we wanted to anyone at anytime anywhere?
%BadKid
Level 29
Subtract from %BadKid's ReputationAdd to %BadKid's Reputation %BadKid is a novice
Send a message via MSN to %BadKid
03-16-2009

Quote:
Care to give any reasoning?

TooMuchButtHair has already put it in a nutshell for you. If you don't understand what 'relative' or 'relativity' means then maybe you shouldn't post here.