Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Spanker
Liberate Me
Spanker's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Behind The Mask
Posts: 22,147
Subtract from Spanker's ReputationAdd to Spanker's Reputation Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000
#61
03-05-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1cK_ View Post
Why do bad threads happen to good forums?
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
spanks is only here to stifle the happiness of others

My existence led by confusion boats, mutiny from stern to bow.
The storm consumes all.
Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#62
03-05-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon View Post
"People will get sick of my sh*t and start living in the scope of their human lives, which is the only way a human CAN live."

No kidding.
A meaningless sentence is a meaningless sentences because it is meaningless.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#63
03-06-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
A meaningless sentence is a meaningless sentences because it is meaningless.
Does it make sense to enact human morality/justice on a dog, and expect the dog to respect it/understand it? Would you punish a dog for acting on its innate urges?
Ultiman
Level 15
Ultiman's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 265
Subtract from Ultiman's ReputationAdd to Ultiman's Reputation Ultiman is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Ultiman
#64
03-07-2009
Default

If bad things didn't happen to good people life would be unfair. What makes a person good? Who defines that? everyone has their demons therefore everyone has the same chance of getting some bad luck.
Bad things happen so that we can learn
GT: U1timan

XxB4NKSHOTxX
Level 28
XxB4NKSHOTxX's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,071
Subtract from XxB4NKSHOTxX's ReputationAdd to XxB4NKSHOTxX's Reputation XxB4NKSHOTxX is a novice
Send a message via AIM to XxB4NKSHOTxX Send a message via MSN to XxB4NKSHOTxX
#65
03-07-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
Life's a b..ch.

Also, no one cares that the bad people die, so people don't go around saying that this bad person died. If someone who is known for being a good person dies, the news is more likely to spread.

Still, life's a b..ch.

i agree with that so one dies that last thing ur ganna say is he was a fucking dick anyways!

i think its a good thing no one wants to know as a "bad person"
For Anygamer who Lives in Michigan Wisconson or anywhere close to those states and who games please visit: http://www.upgamingassociation.com

Wingman
Level 28
Wingman's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington State bitches
Posts: 1,411
Subtract from Wingman's ReputationAdd to Wingman's Reputation Wingman is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Wingman
#66
03-07-2009
Default

you cant let it get you down. seriously when one door closes a window opens. look at the optimistically. there is always someone who has it worse then you.
live free
Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#67
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
you cant let it get you down. seriously when one door closes a window opens. look at the optimistically. there is always someone who has it worse then you.
Why can't everyone have this perspective on life?
Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#68
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sih View Post
Because "there's someone out there who has it worse than you" is a lame argument for being optimistic.
Well that was only a fraction of his original quote. I think once you realize that that quote is true, you in fact will be optimistic. There is no argument here, people do in fact have it way worse than you or I do.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#69
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Well that was only a fraction of his original quote. I think once you realize that that quote is true, you in fact will be optimistic. There is no argument here, people do in fact have it way worse than you or I do.
Worse off is subjective. Someone dying of terminal cancer is better off than someone burning to death in the sense that they will live longer, but worse off in the sense that they will spend months in unimaginable agony...It is, once again, a straw man of the real world.
Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#70
03-09-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sih View Post
Where did I say it wasn't true? I said it's a lame way to persuade someone to be optimistic.
So you do believe what he said then?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Worse off is subjective. Someone dying of terminal cancer is better off than someone burning to death in the sense that they will live longer, but worse off in the sense that they will spend months in unimaginable agony...It is, once again, a straw man of the real world.
What does someone dying of cancer versus someone dying of burns have anything to do with what I said? I said "there is always someone else who has it worse than you". Okay maybe in that one example the burn victim has it better than the cancer victim. But there is a whole world of people out there that you forgot to include in the equation.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off