Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Uhh Negative
Level 36
Subtract from Uhh Negative's ReputationAdd to Uhh Negative's Reputation Uhh Negative is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Uhh Negative
03-12-2009

As much as I dislike the liberal bastard we put into office, I hope he succeeds. Everyone should hope he succeeds.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Philippians 4:13

I will sacrifice to achieve

No one can limit my success

My training log
Spanker
Liberate Me
Subtract from Spanker's ReputationAdd to Spanker's Reputation Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000
03-12-2009

Never ever ever ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
spanks is only here to stifle the happiness of others

My existence led by confusion boats, mutiny from stern to bow.
The storm consumes all.
Tsunami
Level 50
Subtract from Tsunami's ReputationAdd to Tsunami's Reputation Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Tsunami
03-12-2009

wait, I thought the line item veto was unconstitutional. I think it's up to congress to come up with earmark reform, this isn't a partisan issue. The very people railing against ear marks are using just like the rest.

Quote:
Geographically, Alaska topped the list, with 100 earmarks valued at $143 million , or $209.71 per capita. Next was North Dakota , with $110 million or $172 per capita.
The data show that it pays to be a top Appropriations Committee official. Hawaii , the home state of Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Daniel Inouye , came in third, at $165 million , or $128.12 per capita. Fourth was Mississippi , represented by top Republican Appropriations member Thad Cochran , with $324 million in earmarks, or $110.59 per capita.
You guys had 8 years to end earmarks. How's that coming?

Quote:
Of the ten lawmakers who sponsored or co-sponsored the largest amounts of earmarked funds in the Omnibus, six were Republicans. Among them were Senators Richard Shelby of Alabama, Kit Bond of Missouri, and Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker of Mississippi.

Last edited by Tsunami; 03-12-2009 at 05:14 PM.
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
03-12-2009

It is unconstitutional. In my post I said "He has no constitutional authority to ban pork and earmarks." I don't know what the hell he was trying to say when he said he was going to ban and get rid of pork and wasteful spending...and how he was going to go line by line and eliminate pet projects. He made those statements, claims, and promises. He is a hypocrite. That's all their is to it. He is also a pathological liar.
SizZLe
No More Locked Doors
Subtract from SizZLe's ReputationAdd to SizZLe's Reputation SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to SizZLe Send a message via MSN to SizZLe
03-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhh Negative View Post
As much as I dislike the liberal bastard we put into office, I hope he succeeds. Everyone should hope he succeeds.
Not Rush. At least that's how the media took it.....
Tsunami
Level 50
Subtract from Tsunami's ReputationAdd to Tsunami's Reputation Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana
03-12-2009

you always make me smile slick, pathological liar indeed.

I was referring to this in your previous post

Quote:
but he could certainly have vetoed either of the bills or used a line-item veto to reduce waste
The first would have shut down the government, the second isn't a possibility.
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
03-12-2009

Oh, so now his administration is abiding by the Constitution after wiping their asses with it for the previous 50 days? Great. I guess that falls in line with the mode of operation thus far-

Fiscally responsibly...after signing trillions of dollars worth of spending (most of which is pork-barrel spending) into law.
Ethics...after waving ethics laws to allow lobbyists into the administration. And of course after nominating numerous tax cheats.
Transparency...After rushing a stimulus bill through Congress in a matter of weeks without members or the America people have a chance to read the full bill. Or letting Congress debate it adequately.
Hope...After fear-mongering the hell out of the American people to push a spending agenda.
Reform...After rolling over and allowing members of Congress to continue to spend recklessly.

He will get around to getting around to getting around these things he promotes. Or not, and continue to pay lip service to them being the pathological liar he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusnami
You guys had 8 years to end earmarks. How's that coming?
You guys? What guys? Since when do I excuse Republican spending? Did you see the letter I wrote my Republican Senator who voted for this bill? Edit, here it is:

Dear Senator [Lamar] Alexander,

I write to you on the heels of the $400+ billion dollar Omnibus spending bill. I deeply disappointed, angered, and dismayed with your vote. You have lost my confidence and support as our state Senator. You have turned your back on Tennesseans. We can't count on you to represent our conservative views or provide any kind of principled leadership in the Senate.

I realize this bill was put together last year, and I simply do not accept that as an excuse. The fiscal irresponsibility of yourself and your colleagues was prevalent then, and it is even more prevalent now. Senator Alexander, you are part of the problem instead of being part of the solution. While you and your colleagues spend billions of dollars week after week, Tennesseans and other hard working Americans are stuck with 13-dollars a week of "tax relief." Tennesseans and other hard working Americans are cutting back and being more responsible with their money, while you and your colleagues are spending our country into oblivion.

It might be time to take a walk through Tennessee again Senator (He always brags about was walking 1,000 miles through Tennessee for his first gubernatorial campaign). Right now the only thing you represent is the waste and irresponsibility in government.

---

I don't let anyone off the hook for this. I have said time after time the actions of both parties is inexcusable.

Last edited by sl1ck; 03-12-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Tsunami
Level 50
03-12-2009

welcome to backwards land everybody. The Obama administration are the ones sh.tting on the constitution. I'm out.
sl1ck
Banned
03-12-2009

Backwards land indeed. Seems like Obama does the exact opposite of everything he says he stands for. And you sit idly by and excuse his dishonesty because you are on his side politically.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
03-12-2009

Remember folks, 50 days into the Obama Presidency, you can call him a total failure, but Bush got until September 11th. What was the first thing his CIA director said the the media a few hours after the Pentagon got hit, "Well, I sure hope it wasn't those Islamic extremists who were trying to get lessons on flying, but not landing".

In the Clinton years, it was the Conservatives who BLASTED Clinton for OBTAINING warrants to wiretap Americans, but thought it was totally justified for Bush to give authority to the NSA to wiretap Americans WITHOUT a warrant.

In the Clinton years, it was the Conservatives who BLASTED Clinton for bombing Bin Laden's terrorist training camps. Every action Clinton took to take down Bin Laden was labeled as excessive foreign entanglement, yet the day of 9/11 they all blamed Clinton, not Bush, who had been given all the information (including the names of several of the terrorists), for the 9/11 attacks.

Why, Sl1cK_, should I trust the Republicans now? I forget, who was responsible for T.A.R.P.? Who actively fought against regulating how the money could be spent by corrupt bankers? Oh that's right, it was the Republican party.

The Republitard slogan: Okay, we've fucked up everything up to this point, but trust us, we'll set things right.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .