Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
GiDeoN
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Subtract from GiDeoN's ReputationAdd to GiDeoN's Reputation GiDeoN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to GiDeoN
11-17-2008
Default Hypnosis? Analgesic or Placebo?

Well Lets first define Hypnosis. Many people perceive hypnosis as an example of "mind control" This of course if utter nonsense.

I personally define Hypnosis as a social interaction in which one person (the hypnotist) suggests to another person, certain perceptions, feelings, thoughts, or behaviors that will occur.

Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness in which our bodies are in a calm and more distracted state. For example, i am sure you have read a page or two in a textbook while your mind was thinking about something else and after reading those pages you don't remember what you read. This is a state of altered consciousness. Some people are more easily hypnotized than others, and this does not change during life. Your mind my have an easier time dissociating your consciousness.

Another thing many people believe about hypnotism is that you can do "inhumane" things while under hypnosis. This again is utter nonsense. You still have the same limitations as if you were not hypnotized.
But you are more willing to do a certain action.

Hypnosis, in some cases can alter your memory. A person who is easily hypnotized can be altered into thinking something even after you are not hypnotized.

My question is, do you believe it is true? That hypnotism is an placebo effect or an actual way to separate your consciousness?

-Derek

PS. NiceGuy,Davo and other highly intelligent members, i want your opinion on this matter.

PSS. I will be back later on to check on this (Water Polo)
MsTkEyes
Pu$$yrich
Subtract from MsTkEyes's ReputationAdd to MsTkEyes's Reputation MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000
11-17-2008

I believe in hypnosis as in separating your consciousness. But I also believe that it's not 100% reliable/true what comes from it. I think certain things can be altered to what the hypnosist (??) wants or certain things can get confused with dreams, etc.
~up, up, up, up, up, up, up~

GiDeoN
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
11-17-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTkEyes View Post
I believe in hypnosis as in separating your consciousness. But I also believe that it's not 100% reliable/true what comes from it. I think certain things can be altered to what the hypnosist (??) wants or certain things can get confused with dreams, etc.
Well, it depends on the person. He/she can be more easily hypnotized and can be suggested into remembering or thinking about certain things to an extent.
GiDeoN
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
11-17-2008

Seems this did not get a lot of posts. =(
Newgy
Level 41
Subtract from Newgy's ReputationAdd to Newgy's Reputation Newgy is a novice
11-17-2008

Not everybody can be hypnotized, only some people can... It's a biological factor. Hypnosis in a sense of "fixing" someone isn't efficient, nor does it work most of the time.

S t o p . T h i n k . P o s t .

GiDeoN
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
11-17-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newgy View Post
Not everybody can be hypnotized, only some people can... It's a biological factor. Hypnosis in a sense of "fixing" someone isn't efficient, nor does it work most of the time.
Well it depends on the person,like i stated. Some people are more submittable to hypnotism.
Newgy
Level 41
11-17-2008

That's why I said biological factors...

But a lot of it can be misconstrued by the hypnotist. And remember that hypnosis is a theory, not a scientific method.

Newgy
Level 41
11-17-2008

The individuals who fake it are trying to conform so they don't disappoint the audience... But there are truly people in a crowd that can be hypnotized... Again, it only works on some