Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
xXx Core xXx
Favre is God
Subtract from xXx Core xXx's ReputationAdd to xXx Core xXx's Reputation xXx Core xXx is a novice
11-07-2008
Default Al Franken vs. Norm Coleman

If any of you are into the senate races.

Personally, I hope Al Franken wins, my family knows Norm Coleman well and before he got elected to be senator after Wellstone died (MN politics) he used to come over to our house and we'd go over there, my parents were good friends with him. Then, after he got elected to senate we started learning about the shit he does (lying, etc, all the works of a regular politician) so hopefully Al Franken wins.

Anyways, at the end of Tuesday night it was Norm Coleman up by 1,000 votes out of 2.9 billion cast, which makes a mandatory recount which will occur Nov 19th. Now between Tuesday and Thursday, 2 counties had issues. One had a typo error giving Franken 24 votes when he was supposed to have 124, and the other never sent in their results because "Obama won and they were dissapointed with their votes not counting".

The lead by Norm Coleman is now only 221 votes.

AND, theres allegations that Coleman had campaigners who were the translators for the somalian community and told them to vote for coleman, also in a part of minneapolis they ran out of ballots and told everyone to go away.

So thats it

On another note, alaska reelected the senate who was convicted with 7 corruption felonys? luls

Tsunami
Level 50
Subtract from Tsunami's ReputationAdd to Tsunami's Reputation Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Tsunami
11-07-2008

I hope Franken wins as well.. Also you said 2.9 billion, you meant million.

224 votes is nothing, thank god for paper ballots in MN still.
Revlett
Level 17
Subtract from Revlett's ReputationAdd to Revlett's Reputation Revlett is a novice
11-07-2008

OMG douche vs. turd sandwich... WHO'S GONNA WIN?!?!
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
11-07-2008

I fucking hate Al Franken, I wish him the worst in that recount. Why not just put Bill Maher in Office. Let's draw the line somewhere, fuck me.
Zank
Level 13
Subtract from Zank's ReputationAdd to Zank's Reputation Zank is a novice
11-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx Core xXx View Post
If any of you are into the senate races.

Personally, I hope Al Franken wins, my family knows Norm Coleman well and before he got elected to be senator after Wellstone died (MN politics) he used to come over to our house and we'd go over there, my parents were good friends with him. Then, after he got elected to senate we started learning about the sh.t he does (lying, etc, all the works of a regular politician) so hopefully Al Franken wins.

Anyways, at the end of Tuesday night it was Norm Coleman up by 1,000 votes out of 2.9 billion cast, which makes a mandatory recount which will occur Nov 19th. Now between Tuesday and Thursday, 2 counties had issues. One had a typo error giving Franken 24 votes when he was supposed to have 124, and the other never sent in their results because "Obama won and they were dissapointed with their votes not counting".

The lead by Norm Coleman is now only 221 votes.

AND, theres allegations that Coleman had campaigners who were the translators for the somalian community and told them to vote for coleman, also in a part of minneapolis they ran out of ballots and told everyone to go away.

So thats it

On another note, alaska reelected the senate who was convicted with 7 corruption felonys? luls
Al Franken probably lies/does all the works of a politician too, you just don't know about it.

edit: i thought u were that moose on the loose guy.
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
11-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx Core xXx View Post
Well, look who they elected for governor.

On topic, I never would have thought Fraken had a chance..
Publik Uprising
Level 25
Subtract from Publik Uprising's ReputationAdd to Publik Uprising's Reputation Publik Uprising is a novice
11-08-2008

Yeah, I was really surprised on election night when it was being at 42%-42% in MN.
Honestly, with all the shit Coleman has done, Franken should easily be able to top it.