Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
11-07-2008

Oh boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
But as far as a legal marriage, no. The Law of Human Nature (not talking about heredity or physics here) says it's wrong too.
Whose law of human nature? Which philosopher are you deriving that from and please give me a single argument that isn't sexist.

Quote:
Being raised by two same sex partners also effects the family roles, functions, and bringing up of the children greatly.
Gender roles. Nice thing to cling onto, Delay.

Quote:
But I won't get into that. I want to marry a cow, redefine marriage for me. Sure, go ahead and have sex with a cow, and raise a family together, and live together. But no way should they be legally recognized as being wed. That's what this world's going to come to, bluntly and quite frankly.
That slope couldn't get much more slippery, could it? Two human beings are able to develop a functionable social relationship capable of managing a household and a family. You and a cow cannot. Don't play silly fallacies as though they were legitimate. You're just being an idiot.

Quote:
We have those strict lines because we recognize how important/beautiful/sacred marriage is.
Which is why the divorce rate is so high, right? If you want to preserve your sanctity of marriage, you should go back to restricting divorce laws.

Quote:
And when you try to redefine it and/or change it the way from which God intended it to be. It's sad and wrong. You don't even have to be a christian to admit that a man and woman were created for each other, not man for man or woman for woman. Physically, chemically, biologically, it proves itself. Again, Law of Human Nature.
That's not what the law of human nature is lol. And if you could, please, separate your head from the biblical ass of your religion and address this issue as a human being, in a social world, consisting of many different social groups, cultures, etc. which are not wrong or sad simply because they do not conform with your own social structure.

And man and woman are compatable for reproduction only. Everything else is a social structure, and with Christianity more like a social subjection (not just against homosexuals, but against women). Social structures change because we, as a social and political animal, make social adjustments as the world advances. You're as outdated as geocentrism.

Quote:
Oh, and homosexuality is not unethical. Doesn't mean I agree with it, I'm just admitting that by definition I was wrong.
Thanks for finally answering me.
Busy, busy, busy
FoRk
Level 33
Subtract from FoRk's ReputationAdd to FoRk's Reputation FoRk is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via Yahoo to FoRk Send a message via Skype™ to FoRk
11-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
I can see your point, but I would disagree. I have nothing wrong with gays at all. I think it's perfectly fine, although hindering, if they want to mother children together, have a home together, have a family, etc.

But as far as a legal marriage, no.
But polygamy is just fine? That's legal in the U.S., due to "religious freedom."

It's funny how Mormons are the ones who gave funds to the Prop 8 cause, but they have the largest communities of polygamy as well. How can marrying more than one person have more value than marrying someone of the same sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz RayZor View Post
Fork is the one and only Epic Succeeder.
Tsunami
Level 50
Subtract from Tsunami's ReputationAdd to Tsunami's Reputation Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Tsunami
11-07-2008

I find it hard to believe California can amend their constitution w/ a simple majority of voters approving.

Amending your constitution to take rights away from people, doesn't make sense to me. In 30 years this won't matter, the next generation will take care of it... It shouldn't have to come down to that.
Publik Uprising
Level 25
Subtract from Publik Uprising's ReputationAdd to Publik Uprising's Reputation Publik Uprising is a novice
11-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsUnAmI View Post
I find it hard to believe California can amend their constitution w/ a simple majority of voters approving.

Amending your constitution to take rights away from people, doesn't make sense to me. In 30 years this won't matter, the next generation will take care of it... It shouldn't have to come down to that.

Just have to hope we're not as chock full of homophobes as elder generations.
Tsunami
Level 50
Subtract from Tsunami's ReputationAdd to Tsunami's Reputation Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana
11-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publik Uprising View Post
Just have to hope we're not as chock full of homophobes as elder generations.
You know what I don't understand... My Uncle is a gay man who has had the same boyfriend since I was like 12 (almost 13 years)... They both are staunch Republicans that are against gay marriage... I've never "went there" with him, but I can't wrap my head around it.
Publik Uprising
Level 25
Subtract from Publik Uprising's ReputationAdd to Publik Uprising's Reputation Publik Uprising is a novice
11-07-2008

Quote:
You know what I don't understand... My Uncle is a gay man who has had the same boyfriend since I was like 12 (almost 13 years)... They both are staunch Republicans that are against gay marriage... I've never "went there" with him, but I can't wrap my head around it.
Lol, in a way that's like self-hatred, I guess.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
11-07-2008

I don't understand people.
Busy, busy, busy
MsTkEyes
Pu$$yrich
Subtract from MsTkEyes's ReputationAdd to MsTkEyes's Reputation MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000
11-07-2008

Quote:
Have you ever asked why they're against it? My grandmas hairdresser has had his life partner for at least 30 years and has made comments that he doesn't really care if he can legally get married or not. My grandma's 84, religious (used to go to church at least once a week until she got old), a very very conservative republican but yet she believes in gay marriage... and she's pro choice.

People's opinions like that throw me off.
~up, up, up, up, up, up, up~

Tsunami
Level 50
11-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTkEyes View Post
Have you ever asked why they're against it?
I've never really got into w/ them, although I have trashed their beloved Reagan quite a few times. The reason I know they are against it, because something came on tv about it a few years ago, and my unlce's bf went off on a 10 minute tangent about the gay community and how much he dislikes them, and that gays don't need to marry and they should just get over it. Since I'm not gay, I really just let it go.

I think it's a generational divide. My mothers generation grew up when being gay was considered very taboo, but our generation seems much more open to things like that.

I find it odd also that a majority of the minority voters that came out for Obama also voted in favor of Prop 8.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
11-07-2008

So they're even against civil union, or just the hxc Christian-perverted version of marriage where you can marry a stripper in Las Vegas after drinking your weight in beer?