Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
11-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Why doesn't anyone bring up the simple fact that marriage is the legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife, therefore gays can't wed?
Because that's retarded?

Elmo <3
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
11-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoKRoNiK View Post
ooh. ouch. the liberal complaining about fundamental democratic principles. the irony is killing me.
I can very easily complain that the majority are a bunch of stupid bigots.

Elmo <3
Deadly Buni
Ezekiel 23:19-21
Subtract from Deadly Buni's ReputationAdd to Deadly Buni's Reputation Deadly Buni is a novice
11-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1cK_ View Post
As far as I understand it, the state courts did rule on this, which caused the uproar and the Prop 8 vote.
The No on 8 side has already filed complaints to higher courts. It was 52 to 48, hopefully they overturn it. There were also protesters outside the Mormon temple in Westwood today.

FoRk
Level 33
Subtract from FoRk's ReputationAdd to FoRk's Reputation FoRk is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via Yahoo to FoRk Send a message via Skype™ to FoRk
11-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoKRoNiK View Post
ooh. ouch. the liberal complaining about fundamental democratic principles. the irony is killing me.
I complain about idiots who push their beliefs on others, which proves to be the slight majority of California. Prop 4 and Prop 8 shouldn't have been on the ballot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz RayZor View Post
Fork is the one and only Epic Succeeder.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
11-06-2008

Quote:
Why doesn't anyone bring up the simple fact that marriage is the legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife, therefore gays can't wed?
Because marriage in this country comes with rights and privilages that should be alloted to everyone.

Because everyone is equal in this country.

Don't know where you are from but you should pick up a US constitution some time.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
l SavioR l
Level 13
Subtract from l SavioR l's ReputationAdd to l SavioR l's Reputation l SavioR l is a novice
11-06-2008

I would have voted no on Prop 8 but I'm not old enough, sucks because my uncle voted yes too...oh well, sucks for gay people I guess.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
11-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Don't know where you are from but you should pick up a US constitution some time.
Why? It's not like anybody else in this country does.
Busy, busy, busy
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
11-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Because marriage in this country comes with rights and privilages that should be alloted to everyone.

Because everyone is equal in this country.

By definition gay marriage shouldn't even be a debate, or concept for that matter.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
11-07-2008

Quote:
By definition gay marriage shouldn't even be a debate, or concept for that matter.
As social groups, cultures, and conflicts arise, sometimes you have to change the definition of what something means to rid yourself of that enslaving language of what marriage is based on a traditional definition dating back blahblahblah. Cling as you might to your traditionalist and religious structure, whose arrogance thinks itself applicable in the social world regardless of what era, marriage is being recognized as a civil union between two people.

Would it help you understand if I gave an example of a word, a concept, to which the religious and traditionalist cling to despite the OBVIOUS social recognition that it's something different than the definition?

Mother.

Religiously and traditionally, the mother was the birth giver. Now, your mother is who is mothering you. A grandparent can act as your mother, so can an older sister.

But gee, the Christian perspective sure seems to have a lot of strict lines drawn between the relationship of the different sexes.

Get with the times, Delay. Pick up a new book.

Will you tell me why homosexuality is immoral yet?
Busy, busy, busy
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
11-07-2008

Ah fuck it.

I was going to go off on a rant . . .

But I realize that I just don't care.

There needs to be an iron fist let down and stupidity bans put all around before this section can get back to actual conversations worth my time.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621