Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
own-dizzle
wus gud doee
Subtract from own-dizzle's ReputationAdd to own-dizzle's Reputation own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000
10-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regicide View Post
Yea I'm sick of that stupid stereotyping as well. California isn't simply filled with gay people, otherwise we prolly wouldn't be having prop 8 would we? f..king idiots

anyway, yea I live in vacaville and theres like 2 lesbians, no gay guys. And at my old HS there were 2 gay guys my freshman year and they were seniors so yea. Thats out of 3K plus kids.
oh sh.t, you live vallejo, DISCOVERY KINGDOM RULES (rip marine world ) I f.cking love medusa. My friend and I flipped off the camara on roar and actually saw it. funniest sh.t ever

I don't like san francisco that much. I drive a manual and it's a b.tch to drive, and it's a touristy city......... I like seattle though

However, I don't think Prop 8 is going to pass....... I just don't get the reasons for saying yes

Last edited by own-dizzle; 10-30-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Deadly Buni
Ezekiel 23:19-21
Subtract from Deadly Buni's ReputationAdd to Deadly Buni's Reputation Deadly Buni is a novice
11-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxJr View Post
Well marriage is generally thought as of a religious union between man and woman. People dont see man and man being natural and dont think it should be. If you want to blow off that thought because it deals with religion and marriage is law based than take into account that two men can get married. We find out that there it would be cheaper for two of us to get married so what do we have to lose. Me and another man get married and benefit from the government.

I can see why it would be denied. I also can see how it would be allowed. Honestly it doesn't matter to me either way. My uncle got married to his husband last year and he told me today that if it was illegal again that his marriage would still be legal. So I can less either way since his life wont change.
Marriage wasn't created by Christians and being gay is as natural as pissing

Living where I live, I see at least 100 yes on 8 people standing on corners daily, as well as signs all over. In my mind it doesn't even matter what the vote turns out, it will go to high courts and gays will have the same rights.

Last edited by Deadly Buni; 11-04-2008 at 11:24 PM.
TorrentX
Level 31
Subtract from TorrentX's ReputationAdd to TorrentX's Reputation TorrentX is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TorrentX
11-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Buni View Post
Marriage wasn't created by Christians and being gay is as natural as pissing

Living where I live, I see at least 100 yes on 8 people standing on corners daily, as well as signs all over. In my mind it doesn't even matter what the vote turns out, it will go to high courts and gays will have the same rights.
WOW I can't believe it actually passed. Anyway, I agree with you. There will be a U.S. Supreme Court case in the near future which will legalize gay marriage nationally. There simply is no legal justification for barring homosexual marriage.
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
11-05-2008

I realize many of you are unhappy with the decision, but at least the decision was left up to the people of the state to vote on. As I understand it, marriage in CA was legalized a year or so ago through courts and judges making the decision for the state as a whole rather than the people themselves deciding on it.
Deadly Buni
Ezekiel 23:19-21
Subtract from Deadly Buni's ReputationAdd to Deadly Buni's Reputation Deadly Buni is a novice
11-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1cK_ View Post
I realize many of you are unhappy with the decision, but at least the decision was left up to the people of the state to vote on. As I understand it, marriage in CA was legalized a year or so ago through courts and judges making the decision for the state as a whole rather than the people themselves deciding on it.
Civil Rights issues go to higher courts, people aren't allowed to vote on them because the majority isn't always right. This is the case. It would be like letting the South vote on segregation right after Jim Crow was overturned by the acts of 64 and 65.

Knoxy
>
Subtract from Knoxy's ReputationAdd to Knoxy's Reputation Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000 Knoxy IS OVER 9000
11-05-2008

Quote:
Civil Rights issues go to higher courts, people aren't allowed to vote on them because the majority isn't always right. This is the case. It would be like letting the South vote on segregation right after Jim Crow was overturned by the acts of 64 and 65.
I was actually just about to post asking about how people can vote on civil rights issues. :o

So, thanks for posting that. This is reassuring for the states that voted on gay related propositions yesterday (mainly Arkansas and the adoption proposition).
Spoiler!
FoRk
Level 33
Subtract from FoRk's ReputationAdd to FoRk's Reputation FoRk is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via Yahoo to FoRk Send a message via Skype™ to FoRk
11-06-2008

I had no idea we had so many selfish people in the state. I thought we were a state that valued equality. I guess I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz RayZor View Post
Fork is the one and only Epic Succeeder.
The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
11-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxJr View Post
Well marriage is generally thought as of a religious union between man and woman. People dont see man and man being natural and dont think it should be. If you want to blow off that thought because it deals with religion and marriage is law based than take into account that two men can get married. We find out that there it would be cheaper for two of us to get married so what do we have to lose. Me and another man get married and benefit from the government.

I can see why it would be denied. I also can see how it would be allowed. Honestly it doesn't matter to me either way. My uncle got married to his husband last year and he told me today that if it was illegal again that his marriage would still be legal. So I can less either way since his life wont change.
I think you are confusing natural with traditional.
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
11-06-2008

Quote:
As far as I understand it, the state courts did rule on this, which caused the uproar and the Prop 8 vote.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
11-06-2008

Anyone who would vote to discriminate against homosexuals is a disgusting human being, not worthy of their vote.

Elmo <3