Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
10-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxJr View Post
Well marriage is generally thought as of a religious union between man and woman. People dont see man and man being natural and dont think it should be. If you want to blow off that thought because it deals with religion and marriage is law based than take into account that two men can get married. We find out that there it would be cheaper for two of us to get married so what do we have to lose. Me and another man get married and benefit from the government.

I can see why it would be denied. I also can see how it would be allowed. Honestly it doesn't matter to me either way. My uncle got married to his husband last year and he told me today that if it was illegal again that his marriage would still be legal. So I can less either way since his life wont change.
So if you try to use the religious argument to ban gay marriage, you admit to wiping your ass with the Constitution. Prop 8 people really get to me.
FoRk
Level 33
Subtract from FoRk's ReputationAdd to FoRk's Reputation FoRk is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via Yahoo to FoRk Send a message via Skype™ to FoRk
10-29-2008

The next thing you know, the religious fanatics behind prop 8 will fight polygamy, and incest. God forbid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz RayZor View Post
Fork is the one and only Epic Succeeder.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
10-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoRk View Post
The next thing you know, the religious fanatics behind prop 8 will fight polygamy, and incest. God forbid!
Did you really just...I...wow
Spoiler!
FPS Glimmer
Level 25
Subtract from FPS Glimmer's ReputationAdd to FPS Glimmer's Reputation FPS Glimmer is a novice
Send a message via AIM to FPS Glimmer Send a message via MSN to FPS Glimmer Send a message via Yahoo to FPS Glimmer
10-30-2008

Banning gay marriage in california???? yah right. There are more gay people there then an Elton john concert.

Noobus Maximus
Halo 3 is gay
Rednax
DO NOT WANT
Subtract from Rednax's ReputationAdd to Rednax's Reputation Rednax is a novice
Send a message via ICQ to Rednax Send a message via AIM to Rednax Send a message via MSN to Rednax
10-30-2008

I remember reading that this would cause child abuse. Two gay people get married. adopt a kid, that kid goes to school and the kids with a 'mommy and a daddy' see that this kid doesn't have that. They make fun of him. a=b=c.

I wish I could find where I read that... Anyone else heard this?

My Myspace,
GT's: R3dn4x [H2, which is lost] i Rednax i [360]

mrmuushu
Level 31
Subtract from mrmuushu's ReputationAdd to mrmuushu's Reputation mrmuushu is a novice
10-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednax View Post
I remember reading that this would cause child abuse. Two gay people get married. adopt a kid, that kid goes to school and the kids with a 'mommy and a daddy' see that this kid doesn't have that. They make fun of him. a=b=c.

I wish I could find where I read that... Anyone else heard this?
I read that having funny looking parents causes the same thing. Same for poor parents. Kids make fun of each other for little shit so that shouldn't be a valid argument.
Apollion
Level 20
Subtract from Apollion's ReputationAdd to Apollion's Reputation Apollion is a novice
10-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmuushu View Post
I read that having funny looking parents causes the same thing. Same for poor parents. Kids make fun of each other for little sh.t so that shouldn't be a valid argument.
I think it is a valid argument. In my experience, at least, kids tend to tease homosexuality a LOT more and a LOT more harsh then they would about a kids parents being in poverty. Hell, I bet parents would tell the kid to stop if they were making fun of the poor parents, but will most parents tell their kid to stop if he/she is making fun of homosexuality??? In our society, I honestly doubt it.
"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today Is Christians
who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
DC Talk, "What If I Stumble"

bionicdarkmark
Level 30
Subtract from bionicdarkmark's ReputationAdd to bionicdarkmark's Reputation bionicdarkmark is a novice
Send a message via AIM to bionicdarkmark
10-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Not natural? Cars aren't natural. Should we ban them? Almost all pharmaceutical drugs aren't natural, yet we consume them. Why the big deal about gays?
I don't think he means natural, as in its not how we were made. We made cars they do what we want, we made pharmaceutical drugs, they do what we want. we were made (based on evolution or faith) so that man would be with woman. If you don't think its natural that men sleep with women then I'm not sure how we can help you
Brother Kania
Level 29
Subtract from Brother Kania's ReputationAdd to Brother Kania's Reputation Brother Kania is a novice
10-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollion View Post
I think it is a valid argument. In my experience, at least, kids tend to tease homosexuality a LOT more and a LOT more harsh then they would about a kids parents being in poverty. Hell, I bet parents would tell the kid to stop if they were making fun of the poor parents, but will most parents tell their kid to stop if he/she is making fun of homosexuality??? In our society, I honestly doubt it.
But most kids don't know what the f.ck sex is until pre-teen years. By then, kids in those kind of scenarios probably know how to deal with any sh.t anyone will give them.

You could say the same thing about anything that is non-White Christian. Jewish kids know how to deal with a person calling them a heeb, black kids know how to deal with a person calling them a n.gger, Asian kids know how to deal with a person calling them a chink...the list goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicdarkmark View Post
I don't think he means natural, as in its not how we were made. We made cars they do what we want, we made pharmaceutical drugs, they do what we want. we were made (based on evolution or faith) so that man would be with woman. If you don't think its natural that men sleep with women then I'm not sure how we can help you
If someone was genetically 'made' to be homosexual, then that is natural.
f.ck H2F.

You won't like me when I get my BR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-One View Post
Or well, ifyou want to take it to the next level you take vinegar, and you have to inject it into your piss hole...
Phillies '08

MsTkEyes
Pu$$yrich
Subtract from MsTkEyes's ReputationAdd to MsTkEyes's Reputation MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000
10-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Kania View Post
But most kids don't know what the f.ck sex is until pre-teen years. By then, kids in those kind of scenarios probably know how to deal with any sh.t anyone will give them.
Well that couldn't be further from the truth. I knew exactly what sex was and how it happens by the time I was in 3rd grade. I'm also sure most children know more specific things when it comes to sex than I did since so many pre-teens are starting to have sex at the age of 11-13.

Eh, regardless the whole yes to prop 8 is crazy. They (homosexuals) should be allowed to get married and have the same benefits that hetero couples have if they wish-- it's only fair. If the religious nutjobs have a problem with them getting married in churches then they should ask for that stipulation to be applied to the law.

If I lived in Cali I would be protesting against those f..ks who think differently.

P.S. I also think it's stupid to say "but what about the kids?". The kids are going to get two loving parents they never had, regardless of their sex, that will provide for and love them. They will educate their children on what it means to be gay and how to deal with the descrimination. They'd probably be some of the most open minded children, which I personally think we need more of.
~up, up, up, up, up, up, up~

Last edited by MsTkEyes; 10-30-2008 at 09:00 AM.