Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
09-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
So how do we have the technology to lift ships off the ocean floor undamaged, but we can't recycle this blarb?
I smell conspiracy.
Busy, busy, busy
GiDeoN
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Subtract from GiDeoN's ReputationAdd to GiDeoN's Reputation GiDeoN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to GiDeoN
09-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
I smell conspiracy.
I smell some too.
Maybe a certain Bush is responsible???
tom31deecc FTW
Level 32
Subtract from tom31deecc FTW's ReputationAdd to tom31deecc FTW's Reputation tom31deecc FTW is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tom31deecc FTW Send a message via MSN to tom31deecc FTW
09-14-2008

I'm watching this at the moment: http://www.vbs.tv/video.php?id=1509866016

EDIT: This whole thing is very different to what you're probably expecting.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
09-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom31deecc FTW View Post
I'm watching this at the moment: http://www.vbs.tv/video.php?id=1509866016

EDIT: This whole thing is very different to what you're probably expecting.
That's pretty incredible. He said Descartes said of a thing called social contract, but it was [originally] Thomas Hobbes's
Busy, busy, busy
JCAbernathy
Level 29
Subtract from JCAbernathy's ReputationAdd to JCAbernathy's Reputation JCAbernathy is a novice
09-14-2008

Quote:
That's pretty incredible. He said Descartes said of a thing called social contract, but it was [originally] Thomas Hobbes's
Wasn't Descrates one of Hobbes's greatest influences? So in connection, Descrates was the person who formed the ideology for it? I'm just theorizing.. not stating a fact.

P.S. NiceGuy, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you like reading Marx-Engels?

NG
poo-tee-weet?
09-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAbernathy View Post
Wasn't Descrates one of Hobbes's greatest influences? So in connection, Descrates was the person who formed the ideology for it? I'm just theorizing.. not stating a fact.
I'm not entirely sure, but Hobbes claimed it for his own. Really, all of philosophy is a footnote of Plato, and Plato in The Republic gave the exact same philosophy as the social contract theory.

Quote:
P.S. NiceGuy, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you like reading Marx-Engels?
9. Read some of the feminist interpretations too. They're insightful.
Busy, busy, busy
JCAbernathy
Level 29
Subtract from JCAbernathy's ReputationAdd to JCAbernathy's Reputation JCAbernathy is a novice
09-14-2008

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure, but Hobbes claimed it for his own. Really, all of philosophy is a footnote of Plato, and Plato in The Republic gave the exact same philosophy as the social contract theory.

9. Read some of the feminist interpretations too. They're insightful.
Yeah this spring I am taking Ancient Political Thought which will cover Aristole and Plato, pretty psyched. They are teaching American Political Thought at the moment but I missed the sign up for it =/ I really want to take Medievel Political Thought and read Machevelli.

NG
poo-tee-weet?
09-14-2008

I'm taking social and political philosophy this semester so I'll cover all that.
Busy, busy, busy
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
09-14-2008

We should bring democracy there.
JCAbernathy
Level 29
09-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
We should bring democracy there.
ROFL.

+10 Witty points.