Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
EyesOfTheDead
Level 25
Subtract from EyesOfTheDead's ReputationAdd to EyesOfTheDead's Reputation EyesOfTheDead is a novice
09-29-2008
Default Voting

Do you think organizations like "Rock The Vote" should exist? Their main goal is to get younger Americans to vote. This seems like a good idea on paper, but is it okay for someone who doesn't know where any candidates stand on any of the issues to make a blind vote, or a vote based solely on the appearance of a candidate?

Not sure if any of you saw on Xbox Live the "Rock The Vote" videos. But I watched in amazement as "Soulja Boy" tried to encourage 18 - 24 year olds to "get out and vote". I challenge anyone to take something meaningful/insightful/thought out or intelligent from the bullsh..t he most likely read off a card.

I'm not saying that people should be denied their right to vote at all, but should people vote just because they have the right to? Is it better to vote on a coin toss rather than not voting at all? Is it better to vote for who you believe is the lesser of two evils?
sOoOo FcKn HaWt
Level 13
Subtract from sOoOo FcKn HaWt's ReputationAdd to sOoOo FcKn HaWt's Reputation sOoOo FcKn HaWt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to sOoOo FcKn HaWt
09-29-2008

It should be your choice.

Alcom
constant
Subtract from Alcom's ReputationAdd to Alcom's Reputation Alcom taps Cortana Alcom taps Cortana Alcom taps Cortana Alcom taps Cortana Alcom taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Alcom
09-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOfTheDead View Post
Do you think organizations like "Rock The Vote" should exist? Their main goal is to get younger Americans to vote. This seems like a good idea on paper, but is it okay for someone who doesn't know where any candidates stand on any of the issues to make a blind vote, or a vote based solely on the appearance of a candidate?

Not sure if any of you saw on Xbox Live the "Rock The Vote" videos. But I watched in amazement as "Soulja Boy" tried to encourage 18 - 24 year olds to "get out and vote". I challenge anyone to take something meaningful/insightful/thought out or intelligent from the bullsh..t he most likely read off a card.

I'm not saying that people should be denied their right to vote at all, but should people vote just because they have the right to? Is it better to vote on a coin toss rather than not voting at all? Is it better to vote for who you believe is the lesser of two evils?

They aren't trying to say go out and vote for some random person you know nothing about. They don't exactly say it but they are also encouraging people to research the candidates and then vote. I mean I see where you're coming from but that's how I see it.

Play H2V
sOoOo FcKn HaWt
Level 13
Subtract from sOoOo FcKn HaWt's ReputationAdd to sOoOo FcKn HaWt's Reputation sOoOo FcKn HaWt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to sOoOo FcKn HaWt
09-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcom View Post
They aren't trying to say go out and vote for some random person you know nothing about. They don't exactly say it but they are also encouraging people to research the candidates and then vote. I mean I see where you're coming from but that's how I see it.
It's so weird how we don't know who to trust anymore. The media or the actual candidates, the media is always talking about how they are lieing. But who should we trust?

NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
09-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOoOo FcKn HaWt View Post
It's so weird how we don't know who to trust anymore. The media or the actual candidates, the media is always talking about how they are lieing. But who should we trust?
Aw, how cute.
Busy, busy, busy
JCAbernathy
Level 29
Subtract from JCAbernathy's ReputationAdd to JCAbernathy's Reputation JCAbernathy is a novice
09-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Synergy View Post
I think younger Americans have a better idea of what is going on than the older generations.
What a normative statement. I'd really question that accusation.

AJrojay657
I Love You.
Subtract from AJrojay657's ReputationAdd to AJrojay657's Reputation AJrojay657 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to AJrojay657
09-29-2008

Okay First Off Fuck Solider Fag
Second Off Fuck Solider Fag
lol gayest thing ever
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
09-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJrojay657 View Post
Okay First Off f..k Solider Fag
Second Off f..k Solider Fag
lol gayest thing ever
This section might not be for you.

Vote for who you belive in. Why vote for the lesser than two evils? That is bullshit.
AJrojay657
I Love You.
Subtract from AJrojay657's ReputationAdd to AJrojay657's Reputation AJrojay657 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to AJrojay657
09-29-2008

are you saying im going to be puncual to vote because im voting for Solider boy i didint watch the video i dont care what side he was on, he's a fag who likes doesnt change my decision one bit
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
09-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJrojay657 View Post
are you saying im going to be puncual to vote because im voting for Solider boy i didint watch the video i dont care what side he was on, he's a fag who likes doesnt change my decision one bit
What the fuck did you just post?