SpaZZ
Level 26
Subtract from SpaZZ's ReputationAdd to SpaZZ's Reputation SpaZZ is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SpaZZ
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSpartan View Post
facepalm.jpg

Honestly, this is why some of these sub category awards are pointless.
this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
My polo game isn't even fair.
Exidrion
Meow.
Subtract from Exidrion's ReputationAdd to Exidrion's Reputation Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin'
08-02-2010

Quote:
facepalm.jpg

lmfao. Btw, about your derogatory comment about Black box: you had a shot of guardian going into narrows moving straight up. Like that's never been in 18474 montages before or something.

Last edited by Exidrion; 08-02-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
Contests have always gotten ~less votes/attention with each succeeding poll.
Nothing? Did you even read my response to your critique?
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-02-2010

Quote:
facepalm.jpg

he was joking :P
Snipetality_Editing
Level 12
Subtract from Snipetality_Editing's ReputationAdd to Snipetality_Editing's Reputation Snipetality_Editing finally popped his Bubble Shield Snipetality_Editing finally popped his Bubble Shield Snipetality_Editing finally popped his Bubble Shield Snipetality_Editing finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Snipetality_Editing Send a message via Skype™ to Snipetality_Editing
08-02-2010

sQ Montage.
Woodland King
Level 32
Subtract from Woodland King's ReputationAdd to Woodland King's Reputation Woodland King is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Woodland King Send a message via MSN to Woodland King
08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidrion View Post
lmfao. Btw, about your derogatory comment about Black box: you had a shot of guardian going into narrows moving straight up. Like that's never been in 18474 montages before or something.

Upside down? Kind of makes it seem like one was on the bottom of the other. A normal pan would have been done, but it's not a normal pan. The camerawork is perfect

ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
08-02-2010

i went with lbyl 3 because it was closest to dutchy and i felt as if it deserved it more than that video.
NickV
THF VIP Member
Subtract from NickV's ReputationAdd to NickV's Reputation NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000
08-03-2010

Alright so I did vote. I rewatched all of them last night:

Black Box: Great usage of angles in the beginning. Upside down angles really suprised me, but it didn't really show anything other than maps. The angle after those did, though. Most of the angles were used as a transition, only some showed what was actually going on.

Contractus: I loved some angles in this. The flythrough over bridge on the Pit is probably the best ever. They all were on high level, but not outstanding next to these montages as they were all on a high level.

Dutchy M2: Most angles were too fast gone and basically only showcased a person who got shot or was about to get shot. The sequence walking sequence on Narrows was pretty cool, reminded me of Incorporation II (although you said you haven't seen that). Only thing that wasn't well done is that 'Dutchy' jumped on the lower part of 'Flag' instead of standing on the thing where the clip started. Anyone with the right mind knows that he would've walked over there though so it's fine. I just don't like thinking while viewing a fragvid.

Frenetic Array: The map sequences showcased the important parts of the maps (in MLG) so those angles were good choices. Then after that when the player's Spartans were shown, it was basically the same over and over. In the gameplay there were angles, like the grenade sequence. What I'm about to say can be put under editing, but I think not. There was all fancy eye candy all over the screen that changed the looks of the map, while in the gameplay it was just plain ol' Construct. This changed time and place really. This was seen multiple times in the video. However, the bit with the decaying spartan did make sense. The angles throughout the gameplay, like in Dutchy's montage, only showcased kills and about-to-be killed spartans. Other angles were used as transitions.

Lost of Sight: This blew my mind really. Angles showed everything perfectly and at the right times. The panning and effects included made them even better. This seriously needs more votes.

Look Before You Leap 3: While this video is based around it, nothing was really special. They showcased the jumps very well but it's just not special. It's the same kind of style that you see in all jump videos. Don't take offense; they're well done.

Status Quo: I loved most of these angles, especially the ones where the background zooms in while the camera zooms out. But regardless of that they weren't special compared to all of these videos. They showcased situations well, though.

Line of Sight > Contractus > Status Quo > Look Before You Leap 3 > Black Box > Dutchy Montage 2 > Frenetic Array

Although I'm glad that Dutchy and Exus are winning this, I don't think it deserve to win this award. But that's my opinion.
RIP EvilLilElmo

Married to terv
ownaaja
Custom user title
Subtract from ownaaja's ReputationAdd to ownaaja's Reputation ownaaja is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ownaaja Send a message via MSN to ownaaja Send a message via Skype™ to ownaaja
08-03-2010

It's August the 3rd. The poll should be closed by now, shouldn't it?

E: This poll will close on 08-03-2010 at 11:35 PM
my bad

Visit my website

| CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced | Phenom II x4 965 3,4 GHz | NH-U12P SE2 | M4A785TD-V EVO |500GB WD Caviar Green + 3x 500GB WD Caviar Blue 7200 rpm RAID 0 |
| Corsair 650HX 650W | 6GB 1066 Kingston | HIS Radeon HD 5870 1Gb | Asus VH242H 1080p | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Razer Lycosa + Habu |

Last edited by ownaaja; 08-03-2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Epic fail
english2
Level 11
Subtract from english2's ReputationAdd to english2's Reputation english2 is a novice
08-03-2010

LBYL didn't win, oh well.