Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > Creators Platform
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
CrosS_
Level 26
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 907
Subtract from CrosS_'s ReputationAdd to CrosS_'s Reputation CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield
#71
11-24-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrothySoma View Post
That's odd, when I stream at 2500 kbps I get pretty crisp 720p.
You can download file converters that will do it for you, but I'm pretty sure mine is saved as .avi.
Yeah this method will get 30fps. Not the best, but its free!

when you set this up initially, did you do anything that would indicate it was recording as .avi or did it just automatically do it without any specific VLC settings etc?

is there anything that needs changed in the livestreamer config?

any codec specific settings within VLC input/codec selection?

thanks.

EDIT: I tried again using twitch to capture last night after changing my start.bat file from "source" to "best" and i still get the same mpeg 2 (.ts) file format on my output from VLC's record button. I tried recording with fraps directly from VLC and my video quality was noticeably better, but still quite grainy, and fraps creates enormous files at 1080p.

i'd like to be able to capture this way until i can come up with a capture card, especially since my roommate is going to be out of town until sunday and i have all the bandwidth to myself.

Last edited by CrosS_; 11-26-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Llama
Look at Clock
Llama's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xbox...record that
Posts: 8,714
Subtract from Llama's ReputationAdd to Llama's Reputation Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000
#72
11-28-2014
Default

You make me Frothy
FrothySoma
Level 25
FrothySoma's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 837
Subtract from FrothySoma's ReputationAdd to FrothySoma's Reputation FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin'
#73
11-28-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosS_ View Post
when you set this up initially, did you do anything that would indicate it was recording as .avi or did it just automatically do it without any specific VLC settings etc?

is there anything that needs changed in the livestreamer config?

any codec specific settings within VLC input/codec selection?

thanks.

EDIT: I tried again using twitch to capture last night after changing my start.bat file from "source" to "best" and i still get the same mpeg 2 (.ts) file format on my output from VLC's record button. I tried recording with fraps directly from VLC and my video quality was noticeably better, but still quite grainy, and fraps creates enormous files at 1080p.

i'd like to be able to capture this way until i can come up with a capture card, especially since my roommate is going to be out of town until sunday and i have all the bandwidth to myself.
Nah, it just automatically put it in .avi. I don't know what you could do to change it either.. I'm sure it has to do with your VLC preferences and not the livestreamer program, though. It has to be a way that vlc saves its files on your computer. Look it up on VLC's help or on their website maybe?
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Eamonn's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 13,678
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
#74
11-28-2014
Default

yeah my VLC records em as .ts. Will need to convert em at a later time, which sucks.

Just googled a bit and apparently VLC records at whatever the source file type is, in this case .ts I guess?

http://superuser.com/questions/61336...when-recording
M00SEONTHEL00SE
talkin sports w/ ur bitch
M00SEONTHEL00SE's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 6,435
Subtract from M00SEONTHEL00SE's ReputationAdd to M00SEONTHEL00SE's Reputation M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000 M00SEONTHEL00SE IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to M00SEONTHEL00SE
#75
11-30-2014
Default

did we ever figure out how i could record my friends voices with this?

sounds weird when im talking to someone else but it just picks up my voice







im a jets, warriors, unc, and ac milan fan

check me out on twitch
http://www.twitch.tv/diaper_dommy

ADD ME FOR MCC
Scarecrow
Vol So Hard!!!
Scarecrow's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Memphis
Posts: 26,345
Subtract from Scarecrow's ReputationAdd to Scarecrow's Reputation Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Scarecrow Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
#76
11-30-2014
Default

Good stuff Frothy
Support THF
Follow https://twitter.com/The_Halo_Forum
Like https://www.facebook.com/TheHaloForum
Sub https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloForumChannel
Watch http://www.twitch.tv/thehaloforum

Sub to me also :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScarecrowIzAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABUSEDGOAT View Post
IMaggot's footage is extremely solid, and Scarecrow has the clips almost no one else has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
HaloMaggot and Scarecrow seem the be the dynamic duo if its about getting original clips :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by komoto5 View Post
ritchie(maggot) is fun to make fun of because he's fat and does cocaine and he overselpt at mlg dallas last year and jesse(scarecrow) well hes just hella tight
FrothySoma
Level 25
FrothySoma's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 837
Subtract from FrothySoma's ReputationAdd to FrothySoma's Reputation FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin'
#77
12-01-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00SEONTHEL00SE View Post
did we ever figure out how i could record my friends voices with this?

sounds weird when im talking to someone else but it just picks up my voice
Have their voices come through the TV and it should record it
Pengron
Level 10
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 41
Subtract from Pengron's ReputationAdd to Pengron's Reputation Pengron is on the rise to fame Pengron is on the rise to fame
#78
12-05-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrothySoma View Post
**DISCLAIMER**
The video quality obtained from this method depends largely on your internet connection. Don't expect to get the quality that you would get from a capture card. But, if you just want to record things for fun, you aren't too worried about excellent video quality, and don't want to buy a capture card, you've come to the right place.


Is everything clear? Any questions/suggestions?
Or you can just use the twitch Create a Highlight feature, select the game(s) you want and upload it to youtube when it asks if you want to and then just get a youtube video downloader. Less steps, twitch does all the hard work and it's super easy.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Eamonn's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 13,678
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
#79
12-05-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengron View Post
Or you can just use the twitch Create a Highlight feature, select the game(s) you want and upload it to youtube when it asks if you want to and then just get a youtube video downloader. Less steps, twitch does all the hard work and it's super easy.
The quality would be worse though. Having to upload to youtube from twitch, then download from youtube, and then uploading to youtube again in the future with your edit.
Pengron
Level 10
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 41
Subtract from Pengron's ReputationAdd to Pengron's Reputation Pengron is on the rise to fame Pengron is on the rise to fame
#80
12-08-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
The quality would be worse though. Having to upload to youtube from twitch, then download from youtube, and then uploading to youtube again in the future with your edit.
My twitch uploads to youtube in HD and then if you download the video at it's highest quality and then reupload it should look fine. You aren't going to get 1080 from the screen capture unless you have good internet anyway.

This is one of my uploads...make sure it's set to 720. It looks pretty crisp to me. I don't think if I downloaded it and reupload it will downgrade the quality that much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcUuWDTRl3c
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off